Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: CoffeeGeek Columnist Feedback
An Acapella Cup Near Timberline, Newbie Revelations
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > An Acapella Cup...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
lethalblonde
lethalblonde
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Elektra Micro Casa a Leva
Grinder: Innova flat burr
Drip: Capresso MT500
Roaster: Big, heavy, old wok;...
Posted Sat Dec 2, 2006, 1:00am
Subject: An Acapella Cup Near Timberline, Newbie Revelations

An Acapella Cup Near Timberline
Newbie Revelations article by Trisha Neimi

Trisha Neimi discovers and shares coffee as music, from the notes in a cup of Kenyan to a song of her own making.
 View Profile Link to this post
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Clive Coffee Drip Stand
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Sun Dec 3, 2006, 2:06pm
Subject: Re: An Acapella Cup Near Timberline, Newbie Revelations

Loved reading this article. I like how coffee makes connections, and when the coffee is good, the connections seem all that much stronger.

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
kahvedelisi
kahvedelisi
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Epoca ST1
Grinder: LaCimbali Jr, Rancilio MD...
Vac Pot: Hario MCA-3
Drip: filter cone, Aeropress,...
Roaster: Air Popcorn Popper
Posted Tue Dec 5, 2006, 6:39pm

Reading this article was proof of several things for me.

1) I can easily recognize an author due to all those fanfictions I read through years =D
2) By the first sentence of "Flutes and Recorders, Andantino" I was "so sure", I didn't need to read last part at all, so YES! my gaydar is still intact! (which is GOOD! =P)
3) Only a gay woman can write about food this good =))))
4) Coffee is love and with coffee love will come eventually (wanna say thanks to my ex gf for buying my first two espresso machines heh heh heee)
5) You must pay attention to your coffee with all five senses, otherwise it can turn to a lethal weapon.
6) Don't expect roasting & brewing like a pro or excellent results from the day one, patience...you have 15 years to go!
7) That old, heavy steel wok is killing my left arm! (help...)

And thanks for the article ;)

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a CoffeeGeek!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
lethalblonde
lethalblonde
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Elektra Micro Casa a Leva
Grinder: Innova flat burr
Drip: Capresso MT500
Roaster: Big, heavy, old wok;...
Posted Wed Dec 6, 2006, 11:19am

Mark, it was fun, too!  I found a pic of the home in Oberammergau that I snapped while the family was leaving (I was headed to San Gimignano)!  Coffee was roasted in the oven, ground in a mill that hung on the wall, brewed strong in a pot on the stove and served in big, deep mugs with lots of fresh whole milk before the sausages were turned a third time and the children sat down.

Associations of multiple senses seem the strongest!  Kisses that make me see colors involuntarily, or a fresh pastry of a thousand layers fragile as a dragonfly's wings - the associations I have with coffee snared and kept close many otherwise mundane moments tenaciously, and fresh coffee brewing shows me the hawthorne, rouses the senses and returns forgotten smiles.

ruyakabus, thank you!  The coffee, either by the pot or the shot, is quite good.  Okay, latte art isn't a priority, and I only drift into regional varietals when making new green bean choices to roast (no wicked scientist with quick-close nails in handsewen suede weilding a perfect slice of schwarzwald kirschtorte and a triple-beam gram scale refining the fractal recipe for cupped offerings goddesses and earth witches would harken as annointed - nope, nothing like that. . . yet. . .).  

Between helping Kathryn heal and rehab after back surgery and writing and trying to keep our home safely past the minimum standards of habitability and so on, coffees are fixed at least as sincerely as one would pursue the recorder, or perhaps the mandolin?

The Elektra is such a delight, and an ongoing companion with personality (nowhere yet a soprano saxaphone, thankfully) that compatibly contributes without inept, grating intrusiveness.

The article somehow ended up closer to the script of a performance piece, complete with scoring notes!  Capturing the cadence, spoken, requires coffee in hand, sure.  When I re-read it out on the back deck, three mule deer gave me what would at best be described as a most patient look from about fifteen feet (no sign of their Lavazza cappucino cups, thankfully) - hazlenut is popular this time of year with that crowd.

Time to get back to the tasks set for the day.  I'm glad the article was enjoyable!

"The blessing lies not in living, merely, but in living well."  Seneca, 8 B.C.
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > An Acapella Cup...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.262531042099)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+