Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: CoffeeGeek Columnist Feedback
The Nuova Simonelli Aurelia, Part 1 by Mark Prince
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > The Nuova...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
DoubleMacMan
DoubleMacMan
Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2009, 6:39pm
Subject: Re: The Nuova Simonelli Aurelia, Part 1 by Mark Prince

I have heard that DiLorenzo Caffe have been providing the Nuova Simonelli Aurelia to their cafe's for years! Its a brilliant machine! the quality of the machine is well matched to the quality of Dilorenzo Caffe!

Double Mac Man
 View Profile Link to this post
alsterling
alsterling
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale S1 (Had Expo)
Grinder: Macap M4 & Gaggia MDF
Vac Pot: Not yet...
Drip: Capresso MT-500 & Melitta...
Roaster: Hottop Digital
Posted Tue May 12, 2009, 7:27pm

Mark, I hadn't been on your site in awhile, and dropped by yesterday to look around. Maybe out of curiousity, I read this article. Ironically, on my way back from downtown L.A. today, I stopped at the SCAA headquarter offices in Long Beach. (I live less than an hour from there...). While chatting with the staff, I walked into the test kitchen/lab, and was really taken back to see the NS machines in place of the LM's that I'd been used to seeing. Outside of the fact that a qualified barista can adapt to any most any machine, I will always be partial to double boiler design. And to address the comment of "stale water" sitting in a DB machine that isn't cycled regularly, I always do a flush on both steam and brew boilers for that very reason. I can't attest to the chemical changes in standing-heated water, but my instincts say that it's best to do so, and doesn't cost that much more. Interesting and timely article, given that this represents a rather major change in competition gear. I'm hopeing to go back to SCAA as soon as I can, to spend some time in the lab running some shots. I'm sure I'll visit the NS booth at Coffee Fest, Las Vegas next month.

Member No.12047 - SCAA
http://www.baristaexchange.com/profile/AlSterling
Warning: Close cover before striking
"Space Available Here for Something Really Prolific"
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JeremyR
JeremyR
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: yes
Grinder: yes
Vac Pot: yes
Drip: occasionally
Roaster: yes
Posted Tue May 26, 2009, 3:13pm

FYI: near the end of this article you wrote 8kg grouphead, you may want to change this one to 5.7 too.
JeremyR
JeremyR
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: yes
Grinder: yes
Vac Pot: yes
Drip: occasionally
Roaster: yes
Posted Wed Jun 3, 2009, 12:28am

JeremyR Said:

FYI: near the end of this article you wrote 8kg grouphead, you may want to change this one to 5.7 too.

Posted May 26, 2009 link

Whoops, it's in the 2nd article.
Franciswa

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: francis francis and several...
Grinder: burr
Posted Fri Jul 31, 2009, 2:57am

Its a great machine and I'm thrilled to see a little shake up in the status quo!
fjm

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Anita/Quickmill
Grinder: Macap M4 (want new stepless)
Posted Fri Aug 28, 2009, 5:21am

While the machine sounds awesome on it's technical merits, I'm just digging how cool it looks with the lights behind the group heads.  It's like an espresso machine from a space ship.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > The Nuova...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.223086118698)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+