Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: CoffeeGeek Columnist Feedback
Behmor 1600 Plus Roaster, Brazen Plus Brewer - SCAA 2014 Show Report, Road Reports
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > Behmor 1600 Plus...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Mon May 12, 2014, 11:00pm
Subject: Behmor 1600 Plus Roaster, Brazen Plus Brewer - SCAA 2014 Show Report, Road Reports

Behmor 1600 Plus Roaster, Brazen Plus Brewer - SCAA 2014 Show Report
Road Reports article by Mark Prince

We stopped by the Behmor Booth at the SCAA 2014 Expo in Seattle to check out the latest offerings from Behmor and found an updated roaster and coffee brewer!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
wwcove

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue May 27, 2014, 5:05pm
Subject: Re: Behmor 1600 Plus Roaster, Brazen Plus Brewer -

new circuit-boards=in June. The Plus US:late Summer."
 View Profile Link to this post
Zimberto

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill Silvano
Grinder: Barista Vario
Roaster: Zack & Dani's
Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014, 7:56pm

I'm very happy with my Behmor but ...

I'm surprised he didn't take the opportunity to reorganize the illogically laid out control panel. Also, how many users really understand the differences between the various programs and profiles? Some indication on the roaster itself would be good. I guess the guy just isn't a user-interface designer. I really doubt that I'll be paying for the upgrade kit since it just makes an already idiosyncratic UI even more so.

Some of the cooling fans could have done with an upgrade too as the existing ones get noisy after a few uses.
Yarrenbool
Yarrenbool
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rocket R58
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario
Drip: AeroPress
Roaster: Behmor 1600 Plus
Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014, 8:47am

Zimberto Said:

I'm very happy with my Behmor but ...

...   ...   ...

Also, how many users really understand the differences between the various programs and profiles? Some indication on the roaster itself would be good. I guess the guy just isn't user-interface designer. I really doubt that I'll be paying for the upgrade kit since it just makes an already idiosyncratic UI even more so.

...   ...   ...

Posted June 14, 2014 link

I'm currently using a FreshRoast SR5000 and will be buying the Behmor 1600 Plus as soon as it's released.

However profiles and the 1600 programmes are the things that most concern me in buying the Behmor 1600 Plus.  With the SR500 I haven't worried about profiles as I can't see how they could be applied with it.  

But with the 1600Plus I'm really hoping that even if there are not indications on the roaster itself, and I wasn't expecting there to be any, that it would come with, or there'd be a .PDF file new owners could download, with full, detailed, and complete information and instructions to help a beginner to the 1600Plus understand and use profiles and the programme options on the 1600 Plus.

If Behmor doesn't provide these I'm hoping someone else who is a 1600 expert has taken the challenge/interest to write up such a document.  I can promise that person that I, and I'm sure others, would be extremely grateful for the time and effort that went into such a project.

CoffeeGeek "Senior Member"?
Espresso Expertise: No
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > Columnist... > Behmor 1600 Plus...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Jebana from Ethiopia
Ultra Low Tech, for the CoffeeGeek with everything. Beautiful, and Functional too.
www.coffeeproject.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.270290136337)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+