Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Isomac Zaffiro First Look
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Isomac Zaffiro...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
bgetchel
bgetchel
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 Auto,...
Grinder: Rancilio MD-50, Mazzer Mini,...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Bodum Chambourd press pot.
Roaster: Alpenrost
Posted Thu Jul 25, 2002, 5:30am
Subject: I know the detailed review is coming but...

...I can't help but absolutely WINCE at that price for a non-HX machine. I know Chris might slash the price somewhat from $895--but still. For only $200 more you can pick up one of the Zaffiro's big brothers in either the Tea or Millennium and get what the Zaf sorely lacks--a heat exchanger.

For an advertised price of $895, the Zaffiro had BETTER be the ultimate single boiler machine. For that price you can buy TWO Silvias AND an Innova conical grinder--or a Silvia, a Mazzer Mini, and a Caffe Rosto roaster--all for the price of ONE Zaffiro alone.

I admit that it looks schweet--basically a Tea with stripped gizzards--but that price seems to destine it for failure to anyone "in the know." I can't think of a single Geek or Altie who would opt for the Zaf when it's superior syblings are just an arm's length away.

For $200 more than a Silvia--say $595 or maybe even $695 I *might* be able to see it--especially with the underperforming Nivolas and X1s out there--but not at its current price.

Call me whacky.
 View Profile Link to this post
bgetchel
bgetchel

Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 Auto,...
Grinder: Rancilio MD-50, Mazzer Mini,...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Bodum Chambourd press pot.
Roaster: Alpenrost
Posted Thu Jul 25, 2002, 5:34am
Subject: On the new lighting!

It ROCKS! Your photos are absolutely top-flight with your new lighting. The soft, edgeless, crisp look is stunning. The muted shadows are really something.

VERY impressive.
 View Profile Link to this post
jmgmgmt

Expertise: Professional

Posted Mon Jul 29, 2002, 5:51pm
Subject: the zaffiro rocks

the zaffiro which i purchased from chris's coffee on chris'srecommendation about 6 weeks ago, is great. it makes a great shot-time after time. i did find that putting on the steam switch (rt. side) heated the water faster. in addition run a false pull to see if the water temp is hot enough. you can easily tell b/c the water will steam when it comes out the grouphead. one other comment is that chris was extremely helpful in helping me decide which machine to buy. he had no problem taking my call and ansering all my questions.you should also request his special mix of expresso coffee w/ your purchase-
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
MarkPrince

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Thu Aug 1, 2002, 1:00am
Subject: Isomac Zaffiro First Look

Isomac Zaffiro First Look

Could it be the best dual purpose boiler machine made today? Our detailed review will make that call, but for now, check out this first look at the Isomac Zaffiro.
Roastaman

Espresso: Isomac TEA
Grinder: Mazser Mini
Roaster: HWP/I-Roast
Posted Wed Aug 7, 2002, 8:51pm
Subject: Temps?!

Having the Isomac TEA (HX version) I was wondering what you meant when you talked about dialing in the water temp. you wated. I hope your detailed review will address this issue.  The big neg. about the TEA is that the water is too hot and it's a bear to get it right.
MarkPrince

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Wed Aug 7, 2002, 11:23pm
Subject: Dialing in would be different

Dialing in the machine would be different fromthe Tea - the Tea uses a pressurestat to dial the temp range up or down. The Zaffiro lets you dial the thermostat (which is rare - most machines won't let you adjust the thermostat). I am getting a millenium, so I will check the pressurestat on that, and comment on it in the full review when it comes.
coffeebeing
coffeebeing
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro,Silvia,...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini,Rocky,Solis...
Vac Pot: Yama,Cafetino,Silex
Drip: Cusinart Brew Central,...
Roaster: Cafe Rosto, Hearthware...
Posted Mon Sep 2, 2002, 12:18pm
Subject: Chris has some of these for $795

From what I can see, $795 is a great deal for this machine!  Today's date is 9/2/02 and I think they'll be going fast.  I just ordered one.

George W.
coffeebeing
coffeebeing
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro,Silvia,...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini,Rocky,Solis...
Vac Pot: Yama,Cafetino,Silex
Drip: Cusinart Brew Central,...
Roaster: Cafe Rosto, Hearthware...
Posted Wed Sep 4, 2002, 9:47am
Subject: For Curiousitiy's Sake

What adjustment did you settle for on the thermostat?
steffen

Expertise: Advanced

Espresso: Piansa 10+1 or NEW YORK XXXX
Grinder: ISOMAC
Posted Mon Sep 16, 2002, 5:28am
Subject: The Zaffiro rocks !

Hi all,

i purchased a Zaffiro just threedays ago (branded as BAZZAR). I have to say that the professional E61 brewgroup allows me to create perfect shots after i had wasted half a pound of coffee.

Itīs simply a great machine and i really love it !
Scubarista
Scubarista
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Euro 2K Junior & MC/SA
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly...
Vac Pot: No
Drip: Bialetti Amerikano Stovetop...
Roaster: Alp
Posted Wed Sep 25, 2002, 2:48pm
Subject: I WANT ONE...BUT...

My La Pavoni pump machine has gone 'pear-shaped' & I cannot for love nor money get an Isomac Zaffiro anywhere in the UK...anybody help me !!!
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Isomac Zaffiro...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.260405063629)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+