Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: Products First Look Feedback
Speedster Espresso Machine
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Speedster...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 7 of 7 first page previous page
Author Messages
HuggyBare
HuggyBare
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Krupps
Drip: Braun
Roaster: Java Jive Edmonton (John)
Posted Sun Oct 31, 2010, 6:15pm
Subject: Re: Speedster Espresso Machine

Art meets craft, meets technology, meets espresso....
the perfect mix for the perfect shot...
 View Profile Link to this post
mary12b

Expertise: Professional

Posted Sun Feb 6, 2011, 10:01pm

It's what ive been looking for! Thanks for this review. With just the machine alone, you can make an awesome decoration for your pub and combined with its crazy features, the Speedster Espresso Machine can keep you going cup after cup.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Trombles
Trombles
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Drip: Chemex 6 cup.
Roaster: 50's era UG22 Probat. Full...
Posted Sat Feb 19, 2011, 3:56pm

What a great 'First Look'! The photography was amazing, really meshed well with the true artistry of the Speedster. Absolutely gorgeous machine, the thought that went into that, blows my mind. The drip tray, the drip tray! looks like art.

True eye candy.

Great looking shot in your video too I must say.

Thanks!

A man who only looks to the past, misses today.
Steve_C
Steve_C
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, AeroPress
Drip: Hario V60, Bodum Press
Roaster: Gene Cafe
Posted Wed Apr 6, 2011, 10:00pm

Order placed.  4-5 months to wait.  Having fallen in love with espresso 25 years ago, I think/hope that I've earned the stripes to own one.  At home, having evolved from a Krups to a Silvia (PID'd) to a Brewtus II, I was seriously considering an upgrade to the GS/3 until reading the reviews on Kees' Speedster.  As a home roaster and consumer of approximately 250 - 400gm coffee a week, this is probably still an extravagance.  I can't help myself and am as excited as a 8 year old at Christmas.
MarkPrince

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Wed Apr 6, 2011, 10:22pm

Congrats Steve! Hopefully the wait won't be too long. It's worth it!

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
Steve_C
Steve_C
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, AeroPress
Drip: Hario V60, Bodum Press
Roaster: Gene Cafe
Posted Wed Apr 6, 2011, 11:06pm

Thanks Mark.  Your "It's worth it" comment is comforting.  I was actually in the process of dropping you an e-mail for reassurance before placing my order.  My heart/head/gut was screaming at me to go for it ... so I did.  I'm ordering the black powder-coat version.  This investment is not without sacrifice though.  I have agreed with my other half to give up a couple of comfy leather 'guy' chairs that she has hated for years.  I am also downgrading my Harley for a Ducati at half the cost and can therefore pay off one of my bank loans (though some may suggest that this is not much of a sacrifice!).  Kees has given me an indication of the build start date and once he confirms it closer to the time, I may even venture over to Holland during the build ... if he's okay for me to drop by from Singapore.  :)
MarkPrince

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Wed Apr 6, 2011, 11:27pm

Some people wouldn't consider a Ducati a downgrade from a Harley :D (of course, depends on both models).

I am pretty sure Kees wouldn't mind a visit; I haven't been to his works yet myself, but am thinking about doing it in October.

The black powdercoat model is pretty cool! I went for the "original" only because I've been lusting the Speedster since I first saw (and used) Kent Bakke's version of the original 6 in Seattle a decade ago.

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
Ivar

Espresso: Speedster I (one of 6)
Grinder: Innova
Posted Wed Oct 12, 2011, 2:41am

Being the (first) owner of a MK I Speedster for about 10 years now, I can confirm that the quality of this product is outstanding. In all these years of moderate use in our private home, did the machine give us any trouble.
Undoubtedly the Speedster MK II is a better product for its technical specifications. Due to the limited number of machines produced, it will also prove to be a very fine investment.

I lift my hat for the creator and builder of this fine piece of technology.

Ivar Volder
the Netherlands
IenBell

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2012, 10:08pm

I really like the truth that they have the nasty portafilter manage, its just simply my preferred from the ones I've presented.  Overall its a magnificent device, would really like one!
21grams
21grams

Espresso: Wish List SLAYER, SYNESSO,...
Grinder: Mazzer Robur-E, Mazzer...
Drip: HARIO- Cold Drip, CHEMEX
Roaster: FLUID BED
Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012, 12:59am

I will be attending the Coffee Expo in Melbourne in May 4th to 6th 2012. Will be able use all my 5 senses onto Kees van der Westen products, looking forward to it.
showing page 7 of 7 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > First Looks... > Speedster...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.222830057144)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+