Articles: Holiday Gift List Feedback
Stocking Stuffers?!
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > HGL Feedback > Stocking...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
talley
talley
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Tue Nov 30, 2010, 7:23am
Subject: Stocking Stuffers?!

I'm looking for this year's trendiest, hippest, coolest, (you get the point...) coffee-related stocking stuffers.

Any ideas?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Wed Dec 1, 2010, 4:01pm
Subject: Re: Stocking Stuffers?!

talley Said:

I'm looking for this year's trendiest, hippest, coolest, (you get the point...) coffee-related stocking stuffers.

Any ideas?

Posted November 30, 2010 link

5 pounds of www.HulaDaddy.com 's best 100% Kona.

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
BoldJava
BoldJava
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: '82 Oly Cremina 67
Grinder: Macap MC4 Doserless Stepped
Vac Pot: Yamas
Drip: Hario, Beehouse, Cilio, Kone...
Roaster: RK Drum and Gene
Posted Wed Dec 1, 2010, 4:29pm

talley Said:

Any ideas?

Posted November 30, 2010 link

Easy.  A KONE married to a Chemex or an 02 Ceramic Pourover:

http://coava.myshopify.com/products/kone

"On the trail for the goats' grail..."

Dave Borton
St Paul, MN
yakster
yakster

Espresso: Gaggia Factory / La Peppina...
Grinder: Vario / Kyocera
Vac Pot: Yama 8 + Pyrex Lox-in Rod
Drip: Brazen / Kalita / Chemex /...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Wed Dec 1, 2010, 6:29pm

I'll gladly take any of these:

You could also add the following for others

I'd better stop, I think I can keep going a long time and may even make me buy something.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272
talley
talley

Posted Thu Dec 2, 2010, 7:11am

@Yakster -- awesome list!!  Wow, and with links!  Too easy.  I'm debating who all I should forward this list to now...  :)

Looks like you're from CA!  I just moved to Orange County a few months ago (previously in MT).  Do you know of any amazing shops I must try??

p.s.  @Chris and @Yakster:  How have I never heard of the Kone?  I love it already.
coffeemypassion
coffeemypassion

Posted Sun May 29, 2011, 9:54am

Check out this new game called Coffee Talk Game.  It is a game that's all about the joy of conversation.  It comes packaged in a unique coffee bag.  Great as a gift for coffee and game lovers.  

www.coffeetalkgame.com

Become a fan at www.facebook.com/coffeetalkgame   and get regular updates , enter a contest to win a free game and more.  

Thanks!
DanielSch

Posted Wed Nov 2, 2011, 5:00am

wow, that list is great.

Also, checked out the game. It is a cute idea, but the game itself doesn't really have anything to do with coffee, does it? despite of that, it sounds like a cute idea. I would prefer the gifts from the list above to be in my stockings :D
 View Profile Link to this post
wsikes
wsikes

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Promac MD-64 AT
Drip: Bunn
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Fri Nov 4, 2011, 10:16am

I ordered some of the Ethiopia Harar Longberry that Sweet Maria's just got in... going to roast them in the new Behmor that am getting off of the UPS truck today... then I'm going to bag them in my new gold valved coffee bags and stuff all of my coffee-drinking relatives' stockings.  (They better hope they have stockings, or I'll have to look for some other place to stuff it...lol.)
Trick or Treat!  errrr... Merry Christmas

Edit: I didn't mean to hijack your thread... I guess I got too excited about the Behmor.  Hopefully others will jump in with more good ideas for stocking stuffers.

Bill
DanielSch

Posted Wed Nov 9, 2011, 5:21am

I must say, I have been a huge fan of the Behmor for a few years. Just recently I decided to finally take the next step and purchase a Hottop. I am still stoked about my new kitchen addition. If you have an extremely generous Santa you should ask for a Hottop :P

I had a USB Coffee-mug warmer in my stockings last year. It is very practical since I have to do a lot of work on the pc and my coffee always gets cold, especially when I get one phone call after another. With the Coffee mug warmer, my coffee stays warm! I thought it was a great gift.
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Wed Nov 9, 2011, 6:49am

Taking it from the point of view of how can i work my hobby into gifts for the family. I roasted a few different kinds of beans but you can purchase them roasted. We cover some with a couple kinds of chocolate and put them in little bags tied with ribbon some bags for eating and some for grinding. We made up and wrap some biscotti and our own dipped decorate or own coffee spoons. But it all together in a basket with a couple of cool coffee cups and viola. You can drop they goodies into stocking hung by the fire just as easy :)

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > HGL Feedback > Stocking...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.260459899902)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+