Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: How-To Article Feedback
Espresso Con Panna!
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > How-To Feedback > Espresso Con...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 4 last page next page
Author Messages
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Fri Dec 14, 2001, 2:07am
Subject: Espresso Con Panna!

Espresso Con Panna!

Espresso is, admittedly, an aquired taste, and many still haven't "aquired" the taste for it yet. This drink is an easy, tasty way to introduce them to the nectar of coffee.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
shpirer

Expertise: Beginner

Posted Sun Dec 30, 2001, 9:57am
Subject: Lazy ones - Warning

You should keep in mind that if you decide to use a cream from a can, make sure you take the free gas from the can in a free space before the cream starts to go out. Otherwise, the coffee will splash all over.
DavidSydney

Expertise: Aficionado

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2002, 9:52pm
Subject: Splenda? Skim milk? Cream in a can? Are you serious?

I'm sorry, but I have to speak up for the purists.

How can you be serious about coffee if your adulterate it with Splenda (aka Sucralose)? I only have one word for this stuff:

AAARRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It tastes filthy!

[digressive rant begins] I'm afraid I just don't 'get' the artificial sweetener thing. They all taste so disgusting to me I'd rather do without the sweetening than have the nasty aftertaste (without even beginning to consider the not-quite-worked-out health consequences of the stuff).

As for skim milk...well if you you really prefer the taste of it, it's okay (we'll just have to agree to disagree!).

And whipped cream out of a can...again, not exactly the real thing.

David
jobaby

Posted Sun Jul 7, 2002, 1:58pm
Subject: memories...

This is what got me hooked on espresso so many years ago at the college coffeehouses. Thanks for the reminder!
boton

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Rancilio S24 and Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Posted Sat Sep 21, 2002, 3:50pm
Subject: This is as old as my grandmother

Dear Sir

To consider  Espresso Con Panna " Essentially a Starbucks invention (but it has previous roots)  " is an offense.

I'm 46 years old and remember when I could not see the top of the dinner table and my nona use to give me  Espresso Con Panna.

Later on in life around the 60's we use to call it " need of affection coffee" because it was the preferred coffee of in the 30's ladies in Brazil.

Sorry this is no Starbuck invention. It could be recipe on Starbuck menu....

Before froth milk was available as a commom thing in Brazil, long time ago, capuccino was made with sweetened, vanila added whipped cream....

unreal... sometimes it looks like people think Starbucks invented coffee...

Beto Boton
beauraines

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Capresso C1000
Drip: Cuisinart Automatic Grind...
Posted Mon Jan 27, 2003, 10:38pm
Subject: Sounds good!!

Hey, it doesn't matter where it comes from - sounds pretty good to me.

I've got some leftover whipped cream in a can - I'll be trying it tomorrow evening.
 View Profile Link to this post
CHUCKtea

Expertise: Advanced

Posted Tue Mar 11, 2003, 7:05am
Subject: Are you kidding?

I find it amazing that you'd say anyone, much less STARBUCKS, "invented" espresso with whipped cream!  I can't imagine that anyone who has ever drank a cup of coffee, not to mention espresso, would not have at some time put a dollop of whipped cream atop his or her serving.  Likewise, who has not on occasion(s) added a squirt -- or 3 or 4 -- of a liquor or liquer?  Perhaps, a few Baptists and Muslims...but none others, me thinks!
roxtar
roxtar
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: LaMarzocco Linea
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Roaster: Stumptown Roasters
Posted Thu May 22, 2003, 2:32pm
Subject: A nice treat, indeed

I love the con panna, yes I do.  I'm not so sure I agree with it being a "starbucks invention"...nope, not by any stretch of the imagination...and I'm gonna have to see what kind of whip you get out of skim and splenda, sounds interesting, I've only made fatty sugary whip myself.
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
Blucifer

Expertise: Advanced

Posted Wed Jul 23, 2003, 10:13am
Subject: These rock ...

Ive been drinking these for the past few months ... Id also suggest a hint of cream and maybe even a little white chocolate ...

Worth a shot ...
Blu
ukavu

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2003, 5:13pm
Subject: advice on espresso machine

Greetings all - I love latte's and had purchased an el cheapo espresso / coffee machine back as an undergraduate college student. And I've found that my latte's never look or taste like what I get at a coffee house. Looking at the espresso shots on this page, I noticed, well, one that it's time to take a break and get some coffee ;) cause this looks soo goood, and two that it has this really nice chocolate brown color that my home brewed espresso never has [it just looks very close to black]. Do you all have any thoughts on why this is [I'm guessing it's just the quality of the espresso machine, but maybe there's different kinds of machines that I don't know about], I am shopping around for a better espresso machine but don't really know what to look for -- thanks for any thoughts / advice on helping me get that perfect espresso shot that looks just like this @ home :) ..
showing page 1 of 4 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > How-To Feedback > Espresso Con...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.410549879074)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+