Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Articles: CoffeeGeek Podcast Feedback
hellloooooo is anybody there?
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Articles > CG Podcasts > hellloooooo is...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
javajueckstock
javajueckstock
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V3
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: na
Drip: aeropress,
Posted Sun Dec 21, 2008, 8:42am
Subject: hellloooooo is anybody there?

I stand alone in a sea of despair, my arms aching as I tread water, and loneliness fills my heart.  The waves crash over my face and my lips taste the salt of the water that is death to my soul.  Only another podcast from coffeegeek can possibly save me and pull me back from the brink of desolation.

Where is Super-Mark?  Is he locked in a titanium vault, with a Robusta-bean chain tied securely around his arms?  Is he in a hospital in Cleveland suffering amnesia from drinking  20 ounces of McDonald's espresso, in a styrofoam cup?  Has he been abducted by aliens from the planet Moka, looking for their long lost king?

Mark, return to us, your unworthy subjects!!  I promise to wear my Mark Prince super decoder ring forever!!

Disclaimer: No actual Marks were harmed in the making of this post, void where prohibited, subject to change without notice, not to be combined with other offers...
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Sun Dec 21, 2008, 11:41pm
Subject: Re: hellloooooo is anybody there?

okay, okay, sheesh! :0

Want to see if this new netMacBookWind I got running can record podcasts. Well it can't on the Mac side of things, but should be able to on the PC side with Audigy... I think that's what it's called!

Maybe I'll get the Samson mixing board out and give it a go tomorrow.

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
mitchellb

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Drip: Hario Pourover
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Dec 22, 2008, 12:28am

just to hijack.. those netbooks running os x look pretty sweet.. mention how it's running after a while..

also you need to give the eee pc 1000ha a look.. 6 cell battery standard = all day computing (7+ hours...)

we'll now return to your previously scheduled thread
 View Profile Link to this post
javajueckstock
javajueckstock

Posted Mon Dec 22, 2008, 12:34am

okay, so maybe I was a little over the top.  I was feeling creative and the three double shots of espresso in about 2 hours didn't hurt.

In all honesty Mark, I have listened to all 64 podcasts over the last few weeks at work.  We can now listen to iPod-type things at GM (as long as it doesn't negatively affect quality or safety).  I cannot begin to describe how boring it is to build cars for 10 hours a night...The podcasts have been a lot of fun.

I usually listen to your podcasts (three or more a night) some podcasts from my favorite Christian authors/speakers, and some music.  As much as I like a good sermon, it is nice to break it up with the coffeegeek podcasts.

Thanks for what you do, I wish you a very Merry Christmas, and God Bless you and Beatta (Sp?).

P.S.
My 14 year old daughter read my post and is now operating under an assumed name.
eastbaysanfranman
eastbaysanfranman
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Nueva Simmoneli Oscar
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky doserless
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Technivorm/Chemex/Espro...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Mon Dec 22, 2008, 8:47pm

GREAT!!! Somebody else out there is with me. We freaking miss you MARK!! WHAT IS UP!!! I was about to call out the mourners after I pronounced you dead. And I'm not even joking about that, I was going to tell everyone that you were dead.
javajueckstock
javajueckstock

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2008, 12:08pm

Wow Mark,

I think you mentioned the paparrazi in one of your podcasts, now you also have to worry about a new threat to your safety, "Pod-stalkers".

You have one on your SW and one on your SE flank, you may want to call out the national guards to protect your safety.

I think you should operate under a a psuedonym, maybe you should change your screen name to "captain coffee" and put out a news cast that you died in a tragic accident involving a seal, a pound of premium cut tuna, and a vac pot.
MarkPrince

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2008, 2:26pm

Please, no one ever call me Captain Coffee. :)

Tuna... big Tuna. Isn't that the name that dude has for Jim on The Office? I forget how that came about.

Didn't get audacity (that's the program, audigy is Soundblaster's name for their audio cards) up and running yet. Plus pesky Christmas seems to be getting in the way. I will have several days off soon, so maybe a Christmas cheer podcast will happen.

Still trying to figure out how to use my Samson mixing board too... and it comes with a hardware er.... oh my... limiter? Thingie to balance out lows and highs. I forget what it's called. Not equalizer, but it takes your live recording, as it happens, and auto-adjusts the recording volume, spikes and lows, on the fly.

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
jpreiser

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2008, 6:07pm

MarkPrince Said:

Still trying to figure out how to use my Samson mixing board too... and it comes with a hardware er.... oh my... limiter? Thingie to balance out lows and highs. I forget what it's called. Not equalizer, but it takes your live recording, as it happens, and auto-adjusts the recording volume, spikes and lows, on the fly.

Mark

Posted December 23, 2008 link

That would be a compressor (possibly with a limiter included).
MarkPrince

Posted Tue Dec 23, 2008, 8:42pm

compressor! Yes. Mono channel compressor. I still haven't figured out how to use it though. It sits in between the mixing board and mic.

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
jpreiser

Posted Wed Dec 24, 2008, 10:08am

Is your compressor built into the mixer or a standalone piece of gear?  The compressors and limiters I've used have been placed on the mixer output channels via an insertion point.  I don't think I've seen one on an input before but it's been a while since I've done much audio work.

Here are a couple of articles on compression that might help.  They get a bit techie but do describe the basics as well.

Mix Mastery: How & When To Use Mix Compression
Advanced Compression Techniques: Part 1
Advanced Compression Techniques: Part 2

Joe
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Articles > CG Podcasts > hellloooooo is...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.246917009354)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+