Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: General Discussion
Handsome Coffee Roasters
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > Handsome Coffee...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
cerridwyn
cerridwyn
Expertise: I live coffee
Posted Sat Oct 29, 2011, 6:09pm
Subject: Re: Handsome Coffee Roasters

Lucky dog.

Every time you post I get jealous again.

The world needs more outstanding coffee.

do you game?:
http://forum.paxcorvus.info
http://www.outland.org
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
SteveRhinehart
SteveRhinehart

Espresso: 1970s La Pavoni Europiccola
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Hario Skerton
Vac Pot: Yama Tabletop 3-cup
Drip: Chemex, CCD, Kalita Wave,...
Roaster: Flavorwave/Stir Crazy
Posted Sat Oct 29, 2011, 6:26pm

Heheh, I suppose sometimes it pays to be up late on twitter lol.
How far are you from LA? They seem to  be very cordial about drop-ins, even give some impromptu training apparently.
SteveRhinehart
SteveRhinehart

Posted Wed Nov 9, 2011, 2:52pm

Wager 2012: Batch One
Kenya Kangocho
This apparently went out exclusive to Wager members - that is, it's not available for sale on their site. They also roasted (I think) 3 batches of this; I got batch 1.
Classic, delicious, fruit-bomb Kenya. Actually pretty wine-like earlier on, resembling a bit of a dry pinot noir, with some additional sweetness and clarity. Over the few days I've had it, it's mellowed a bit, turning into something more reminiscent of cascara: fruity, acidic, a honey-like sweetness, and a lingering bit of spice. I've really been enjoying it on Aeropress with DISK, but the Kalita Wave brew I made over the weekend was incredibly juicy and sweet too. Really felt like a treat to get this right off the bat! Handsome must love us Wagerites haha.

I have to say, the community this time around is in full force. We'll see how long it keeps up, but lots of folks are being good about tweeting their brews @HandsomeForty, and I've already had a few folks retweet and favorite some of what I've shared. This has never happened to me in the previous wagers, and I don't think I'm sharing much more than before. It's a testament to a company acting as the moderator/provider of social interaction, rather than the focal point. I seriously love studying this program haha!

Looking forward to the next bag, this one's almost gone.
SteveRhinehart
SteveRhinehart

Posted Mon Nov 21, 2011, 6:24pm

Wager 2012: Batch Two
Honduras Don Medardo
We were warned via email before shipping that this coffee is a little finicky, which I found to be true immediately. My first two brews were basically tried and true "calibration" brews that turn out well most of the time. My results were bitter, underdeveloped, while a little sweet. So, I took it to share with my local cafe brewheads, to see if we could have better success. Sure enough, the first one we tried was excellent! Brewed via Beehouse, with a Chemex white filter, the resulting cup was like honey and tangerine, with a bit of burnt sugar, and a super clean acidity. I've had a couple more since then that were spot on, via Aeropress with paper filter, and my Disk brews have been a bit more hit and miss, but still overall pretty sweet and a bit tart. It's good stuff, but you do have to know how to play with your brews to get what you want, and it probably helps to have a few different devices/methods at your disposal to figure things out.

Don Medardo will be a continuous Handsome offering, with the Twitter handle @HCR_DonMedardo, which you can follow for brew tips or news.
cerridwyn
cerridwyn
Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013, 7:02pm

Serious grave dig but someone shared this with me, so I wanted to share it back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdRLRtHPsmI

The world needs more outstanding coffee.

do you game?:
http://forum.paxcorvus.info
http://www.outland.org
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Sat Jul 13, 2013, 7:07am

cerridwyn Said:

Serious grave dig but someone shared this with me, so I wanted to share it back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdRLRtHPsmI

Posted July 12, 2013 link

Ouch.  Off the scale on the barf-o-matic meter.

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > Handsome Coffee...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.23730802536)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+