Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: General Discussion
would you call this coffee?
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > General > would you call...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
five0fan
five0fan
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013, 7:20pm
Subject: would you call this coffee?

In the last 6 months or so, both my wife and I have became sort of addicted to BK's, iced coffee.  We still drink our drip at home (mostly Starbucks decaf Verona)., but when we go anywhere we seem to have to run into BK.s for this sweat, creamy slight coffee taste drink.  Anyone drink these flavored ice coffee from BK?  We would just as soon not be drinking them, but boy they are good.  Anyone know how they mix these up?
 View Profile Link to this post
RoyceRuiz

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013, 8:30pm
Subject: Re: would you call this coffee?

Most of us don't drink coffee like you. Our preferences are very different. That said, we may still be able to help. Are you talking about a regular iced coffee or something blended?  What flavor do you get. Are you looking to make it at home or just curious about it?
five0fan
five0fan

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013, 9:10pm

Thanks Royce,  BK calls it iced coffee, it comes in different flavors, we like vanilla.  It costs 2.49 for a large cup.  I wanted to see what you real coffee people would have to say about coffee with cream, sugar and say a flavor like vanilla.  I really do not want to make it at home, but would like to be able to buy it in a larger container.  I drank coffee black, no sugar my whole life and still do but had to change to decaf several years ago.  My wife and I are both retired and like I said, when we are out running around we end up at BK most every day getting this ice coffee.
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 5:27am

If it's anything like "Charbucks"  their adding pectin or similar like in a frap to suspend everything and give that creamy mouthful. You can make far better at home.  Get some fresh roasted beans,  Charbucks charges you $$ for essentially stale burnt beans that taste like charcoal (can be 6+ months old by the time you buy them on avg). You can still get decaf from a quality roaster and will be blown away how good the taste is from a good roaster.  If your out and about don't  bother with McDs or BK etc,  Google your area for real coffee shops that either roast their own or carry fresh beans,  massive difference.

You can buy pectin for home use if you want to experiment making similar drinks at home.
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 8:47am

What's BK?  Burger King is all I can think of.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 10:07am

emradguy Said:

What's BK?  Burger King is all I can think of.

Posted September 26, 2013 link

That is what it has to be.  Their domain is even bk.com .  And they do have flavored iced coffees according to their online menu.

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CoffeeLoversMag
CoffeeLoversMag

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 11:26am

I heard about BK, the Mocha BK Joe Iced Coffee. It is a coffee with chocolate syrup squirted in and poured over ice. But this is basically coffee. I dont know if it is the same with what your BKs ice coffee.

BK is high in saturated fat and very high in sugar.

Did you know...? Dark roast coffees actually have less caffeine than lighter roasts due to the fact that the process of roasting burns off caffeine.
www.coffeeloversmag.com/theMagazine
wabbitt
wabbitt

Espresso: stovetop pots,aeropress
Grinder: skerton, SoloGrind
Drip: melitta cone, chemex
Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 7:07pm

CoffeeLoversMag Said:

I heard about BK, the Mocha BK Joe Iced Coffee. It is a coffee with chocolate syrup squirted in and poured over ice. But this is basically coffee. I dont know if it is the same with what your BKs ice coffee.

BK is high in saturated fat and very high in sugar.

Posted September 26, 2013 link

If that's what it is, I've seen them pour it straight out of a carton from the fridge.  Seems more like a milkshake that didn't go through the milkshake machine, the mocha tastes like chocolate milk from a box.  It's probably cheaper to drink chocolate milk but there are ice-coffee-in-a-box sold in the grocery store dairy section.  I like the thick mouthfeel I get from a moka brew & sweetened condensed milk.

wabbitt: thumb.jpg
(Click for larger image)
five0fan
five0fan

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 8:21pm

Thanks for the info, Wabbitt.  I have bought at least two different brands of ice coffee from stores, like you are showing.  They have not come close to tasting as good as what I get at Burger KIng.  Both my wife and myself have asked how they make it and have been told this much.  They use Seattles Best coffee (I would guess expresso) mix with flavor and add cream.  We have seen them pour it out of a large container from the icebox.  As more people add  information , I learn a little more, thank you.
allisachasity

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013, 8:14am

Hello everyone, I'm new in this forum please help me to find iced coffee recipes.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > General > would you call...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.276082038879)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+