Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
Help! My Fresh Roast 8 Is Not Working...
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Help! My Fresh...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
ezkcdude

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2007, 6:03pm
Subject: Help! My Fresh Roast 8 Is Not Working...

Hi, I'm new to the forum, because I wasn't sure what to do, and need some advice. I've been happily using the FR8 for the last few weeks. It's really been great, and I'm glad I started home roasting. I'm in panic mode, though. I was just roasting up a batch of Kenya AA, which I've done several times before, and after about 2 minutes of happy roasting, the beans settled down and stopped blowing around. I figured the blower must be broken, but I can still feel some air coming up from the bottom. Also, it definitely seems to be generating heat. I tried roasting another batch with a different bean, and still got no movement of the beans. What should I do? Can I send it back to be repaired? I'm a little worried, because I didn't send in the registration card, and it's been more than 10 days since my purchase. Will that matter? Is the company that makes the Fresh Roast good about repairing these things? I'm so bummed. Now I have no roasted coffee in my apartment! Please...help a poor coffee schmuck out.
 View Profile Link to this post
passionateone
passionateone

Espresso: Bezzera BZ02S
Grinder: macap M4 step/doserless,Old...
Vac Pot: cona D
Drip: chemex
Roaster: Gene
Posted Wed Jun 13, 2007, 6:41pm
Subject: Re: Help! My Fresh Roast 8 Is Not Working...

Welcome to CG Evan,

I've got a FR+8 and have called the distributer in SLC.  I left a couple of messages before he returned my call a couple of days later.  It seemed that he would address my cosmetic problem with my FR if I decided to, but since it was merely cosmetic I chose not.

I'll bet you can get it turned around in less than two weeks.  It sucks that you have no roasted Kenya.
Marshall_S

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Anita, Caravel
Grinder: Preciso,Pharos, Super Jolly
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest M3
Posted Wed Jun 13, 2007, 7:17pm

Hey Evan:

I had a minor problem when i first got mine and spoke to Tim @ Fresh Roast:

http://www.freshbeansinc.com/sorry.htm

I found him to be very personable and helpful.

I wouldn't think the  registration card is a problem as long as you can show when it was purchased.

The bad news is that it does sound like your blower is history and it will be a while before you're roasting again...

You may want to pick up a cheap popcorn popper in the meantime..

Good luck-
ezkcdude

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2007, 7:35pm

I called Fresh Beans (aka Tim), and he said he will send me out a new base! That's quite nice. Hopefully, I'll be roasting again soon.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Help! My Fresh...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.212510108948)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+