Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
Tenma 72-7712 Thermometer
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Tenma 72-7712...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 7 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010, 10:08pm
Subject: Re: Tenma 72-7712 Thermometer

Hi Jerry,

Will do!
I'll forward this & your request directly to Mark P right now, as I just read your post & I think it's a great idea.

P.S. Yep, I'm one of several moderators. {;-)

P.P.S I forwarded the request to Mark @ 12:33am by email.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
DansCoffeePhase

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia mod (PID+OPV+3way)
Grinder: Cunill Brasil
Roaster: TC/CO
Posted Wed Feb 3, 2010, 11:23am

FYI, I tracked the actual manufacturer of this meter to Uni-Trend.  It is the UT322 click here.  Unfortunately, they don't have any software downloads for it.

The most recent Windows XP update broke the 72-7712 software (crashes before starting).  Uninstall/reinstall doesn't help but rolling back the Windows update does.  MCM sent me a version 2.0 of the software (latest they have), but it also crashes.  I sent the crash reports to Microsoft.

Until it's fixed, I'll just use the software on an old junk pc that I never update.

Dan
 View Profile Link to this post
JKalpin
JKalpin

Espresso: Aerobie Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Vac Pot: Yama 5-Cup
Drip: Krups Moka Brew, BraZen
Roaster: Freshroast+8, Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Feb 3, 2010, 10:04pm

Dan, I have WinXP 2002 (Home) Service Pack 2.  I have auto-update running and have all the current updates.

I am experiencing no problems with the software.  No crashes on bootup.

Could it be something else?  An issue around resource allocation?  An HD that needs to be de-fragged?

I wish I were a better expert;  I am just a good 'appliance operator'.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Jerry
DansCoffeePhase

Espresso: Gaggia mod (PID+OPV+3way)
Grinder: Cunill Brasil
Roaster: TC/CO
Posted Thu Feb 4, 2010, 12:24am

My laptop has XP Home SP3, and it was the Jan update that caused the problem (rolling back fixes it).  Don't really use it for much, but everything else seems to still work.

This probably won't help anyone else, but I wrote a Linux program that dumps the 100 stored samples over USB just like the windows program, and saves it in CSV format.  If others run into this problem, and if there's no official fix, maybe a Windows programmer can port my program to Windows and make it pretty...

Dan
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Feb 4, 2010, 10:05am

JKalpin Said:

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Posted February 3, 2010 link

No problems here, Windows XP Home Edition 2002 & Service pack 3 & all the latest updates.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Clay34

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Vac Pot: N/A - 3 Bodum presses
Drip: Bunn VPR APS
Roaster: bread machine, Corretto...
Posted Thu Feb 4, 2010, 10:27am

Windows XP, Windows Media Edition 2002, service pack 3 = no problems here.  Auto updates turned on.  Still running fine on my end.

Rick
JKalpin
JKalpin

Espresso: Aerobie Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Vac Pot: Yama 5-Cup
Drip: Krups Moka Brew, BraZen
Roaster: Freshroast+8, Behmor 1600
Posted Thu Feb 4, 2010, 11:17am

DansCoffeePhase Said:

My laptop has XP Home SP3, and it was the Jan update that caused the problem (rolling back fixes it).  Don't really use it for much, but everything else seems to still work.

Posted February 4, 2010 link

Dan, let me give you an 'Appliance Operator's' trouble-shooting tip:

Find a buddy with WinXP (home) 2002 Service Pack 3 installed.  Ask him to install the program and see if it opens ...or crashes on startup.  

Your buddy should NOT have a laptop.  My experience with laptops is that they are more troublesome in the way they use resources (or something (...that means I don't exactly know what I'm talking about)).  But seriously, my old Toshiba laptop had problems.

Let us know.

Jerry
Clay34

Posted Thu Feb 4, 2010, 12:09pm

Do have a question with this unit that Jerry probably hasn't experienced.  I will actually read the manual but my unit is auto shutting down about the 90 data point being entered.  I don't see a low battery level light on, but I am just missing the last few data points from being entered.  I thought that it was shutting down the back lighting but the last two roasts have missed data points because of this.  Again I am logging every 11 seconds so that roughly translates into 16 and a half minutes into the logging.  My roast don't go quite this long but I like to log the chamber heat up and subsequent drop in chamber temp when I dump the beans as well as the turn point (how low the chamber temps go before they start to climb again).  The reason that I said that I didn't think that Jerry has experienced this is that he doesn't log that long, but maybe it isn't a time thing, maybe it is something else.  I will change the battery before I log the next batch today.  

Rick
Clay34

Posted Thu Feb 4, 2010, 12:49pm

I had the sleep mode turned on and once it goes to sleep it stops logging.  Make sure to set it long enough in the set up file to take you to the end of your roast/logging session.  

Rick
kaycee

Posted Fri Feb 5, 2010, 5:09pm

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I got mine today. A few newbie questions:

1) There is a 50 or 60Hz frequency selection in the setup. What is it for? The manual does not mention any details on this.

2) The K probe I received has a small black rubber sleeve at the tip? Won't it melt at high temps of 450+? Should I push it back or remove it?

3) Will the white/blue sheath withstand 450+ degrees? Should I remove part of it and expose just the metal wires?

4) SC/TO users: How do you mount such a probe for measuring bean temperature without getting in the way of stir rod?

Kaycee
showing page 3 of 7 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Tenma 72-7712...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.301160812378)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+