Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
Gene Cafe Parts?
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Gene Cafe Parts?  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Dmorcos
Dmorcos
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Mazzer SJ
Vac Pot: Bodum Columbia- Royal...
Roaster: Hottop, GC, Behmor, FR8
Posted Sun Dec 8, 2013, 4:51pm
Subject: Gene Cafe Parts?

Heating element is out and looking to find the part. Freshbeans used to be the rep if I am not mistaken.
I just can't seem to find anyone selling the element and would appreciate any help with this.

regards,
 View Profile Link to this post
genecounts

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: LaSpaz, Olympia Cremina
Grinder: Zass, Baratza Vario,...
Vac Pot: Bodum
Roaster: Gene Cafe
Posted Sun Dec 8, 2013, 5:15pm
Subject: Re: Gene Cafe Parts?

Correct.  Tim Skaling left few months ago as rep after all these years and it is a real shame.

The element can be repaired.
Have used an element that had been burned out and repaired for years.   Originally bought my GC off Ebay in sad shape and have put over thousand roasts thru it myself.  Would be glad to walk you thru the repair.   Otherwise I'll do it no charge because people have helped me and will "pay it forward".

Need a back up roaster myself and it will not be a Gene as much as I love it.  Refuse to support a company that would turn its back on someone as classy and honest as Tim.  I gave it a glowing review on here few years back.
If all else fails contact me at gecounts at gmail dot com
Dmorcos
Dmorcos

Posted Sun Dec 8, 2013, 6:46pm

Thanks. That is sad new for me as I have also dealt with Tim. I was one of the very first owners of the GF and this will be my 3rd element to be replaced/hopefully repaired. I do have the Behmor for a backup and still use it with absolutely no issue since I bought it. Again, I was waiting inline before it was released.

I do appreciate your offer to help so much.  Email will be sent shortly.
Dmorcos
Dmorcos

Posted Mon Dec 9, 2013, 2:15pm

Just found out that batchcoffee is the supplier/support for the Gene Cafe. I also found out that the heating element is not for sale to the public as of Sep,13th 13.

All repairs on internal parts need to be performed by Batch Coffee. Internal parts will not be sold to the end user anymore.
halfcaf

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Mini Vivaldi II, Saeco...
Grinder: Bartza Forte AP, Rancilio...
Vac Pot: Yama 8-cup, Yama 5-cup
Drip: Aerobie Aeropress,...
Roaster: Gene Cafe, Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013, 11:33am

This is really a very distressing turn of events, and Batch's claim that their refusal to sell these parts because of liability issues strikes me as specious. I think it's so they can charge a lot of money to replace an inexpensive part. I'm not interested in packing, shipping and paying for service when I can easily and safely perform the work myself.

I've had my Gene since 2006, and it's turned out a lot of great coffee for me. But when and if it goes, I'm not sending it to Batch for repair -- I'll buy a Hottop instead, or go back to roasting with a heat gun and aluminum bowl.
Sandlake

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Posted Sat Dec 28, 2013, 6:14pm

Hello, I too seem to have a problem with my heating element,where should I turn to get a new part? It seems hopeless unless you want to ship your machine out which I don't, I have a friend in Korea and maybe he can get me a new part,who knows,thank you.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > Gene Cafe Parts?  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.223093032837)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+