Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Home Roasting Talk
who purchased China coffee roaster? How about China roaster quality?
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > who purchased...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
roasterlover

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014, 5:11pm
Subject: who purchased China coffee roaster? How about China roaster quality?

I found www.northcoffeeroaster.net on google and who used their roaster machine? Quality is ok or not...
 View Profile Link to this post
ewindisch

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic (PID)
Grinder: Super Jolly, Baratza Preciso
Drip: Chemex
Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014, 8:33pm
Subject: Re: who purcahsed China coffee roaster? How about China roaster quality?

I haven't used one, but there is an extensive discussion over at HB from those that have bought these: Click Here (www.home-barista.com)
roasterlover

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014, 12:17am
Subject: Re: who purcahsed China coffee roaster? How about China roaster quality?

wow, many post discussed their coffee roaster....
They showed me 1kg electric coffee roasting machine video, after saw, i deemed that the machine looked great...
did you talk to them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEQRfqGzp_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZSrYxbClM
kboom1
kboom1

Espresso: Alex2HX,Alex Duetto,Rancilio...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky,Vario
Roaster: Behmor x2 / USRC Sample...
Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014, 6:54am

look up mill city roasters. Steve is the US importer and might have the TJ electric in stock
sgreen
sgreen

Espresso: Viblemme Replica E-61
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014, 1:44pm

kboom1 Said:

look up mill city roasters. Steve is the US importer and might have the TJ electric in stock

Posted April 26, 2014 link

Thanks, but he appears to be in Europe. Maybe check with one of the European resellers.

UK: www.thecoffeeworkshop.co.uk site not up yet, but same guys as http://www.thecoffeeworkshop.co.nz/ -they wrote the English manual for the TJ-067 so I didn't have to.

Poland: www.palarkadokawy.pl

Spain: www.tostadorasdecafe.com

Tim has all the resellers listed here: http://www.northcoffeeroaster.net/ (go to "Company Profile")

They have a CE and IEC certs and ship to Europe all the time.
CoffeeRon
CoffeeRon
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014, 2:24pm

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts Roasterlover is affiliated with the company and just looking to get some attention. His manner of post carefully skirts the rules.

Tell me I'm wrong Roasterlover?

I'm a maintenance tech. in a vinyl extrusion plant for a large manufacturing Co.. Recently (last year or two) we picked up a couple smaller extruders from China. Much less expensive than others. Even with $100,000 equipment Chinese made crap is still Chinese made crap. might as well have come from harbor freight. Cheap materials and a PITA to work on. If you intend to use something for a number of years, definitely better to pay the extra money and buy quality!
roasterlover

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014, 2:54pm

we will open samll cafe on May or June, so that i need to find 1-2kg coffee roaster for my shop. I need good quality..
1kg electric video looks good and maybe will consider. Yesterday i received tim details spec..
CoffeeRon
CoffeeRon

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014, 4:36pm

Have you checked out the new Gene Cafe 1 KG roaster? Looks like a pretty good roaster for a small cafe. You'd want a reliable, quality built roaster for a commercial establishment, not Chinese junk that will need to be replaced in a couple years.

No offence to those using them- I'm sure for home use they would probably hold up fine. I know there are a number of happy owners around the forums. This isn't directed at you folks.
DavecUK

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014, 4:49pm

CoffeeRon Said:

Have you checked out the new Gene Cafe 1 KG roaster? Looks like a pretty good roaster for a small cafe. You'd want a reliable, quality built roaster for a commercial establishment, not Chinese junk that will need to be replaced in a couple years.

No offence to those using them- I'm sure for home use they would probably hold up fine. I know there are a number of happy owners around the forums. This isn't directed at you folks.

Posted April 26, 2014 link

Hey Ron, I'll second that with the New Gene Cafe 1kg CBR-1200 electric roaster.

I'll just pop in a link to a review

Click Here (www.bellabarista.co.uk)

And if roasterlover has any more links, I'm sure I can find loads more Gene Cafe CBR-1200 1kg small roaster ideal for shop or cafe links ;)

Nice Korean Engineering that will outlast cheaper Chinese roasters

Ron...can I have a few dollars, or doughnuts m8, either will do!
sgreen
sgreen

Espresso: Viblemme Replica E-61
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014, 6:27pm

How about cooling it on the "Chinese junk" BS until you have actually been up to your elbows in one?

Having designed and built (American made) process equipment for a living for almost 30 years, I think I'm qualified to gauge the build quality of just about anything. I wouldn't be importing these things and warranting them myself if they didn't stack up.

I'm easy to find, answer my own phone, and my door is usually open. Anytime you want to demo a machine long enough to form a valid opinion, one way or another, give me a call, come up to Minneapolis, and roast a batch or two. I'll send you home with a bag of pretty good coffee and likely a whole new perspective on "Chinese junk."

Steve
Mill City Roasters, LLC
Minneapolis, MN
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Home Roast > who purchased...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.283190965652)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+