Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Brewing with the Bialetti Brikka 4-Cup
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Brewing with the...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 5 first page previous page
Author Messages
stacc

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Nov 28, 2006, 5:45pm
Subject: Re: Brewing with the Bialetti Brikka 4-Cup

stacc Said:

What a flurry of posts!  Maybe I'll take a shot at this one.

Posted November 28, 2006 link

Excuse the cluelessness, I was in the wrong thread, not sure how I ended up in this one, but good to know it's here anyway...
 View Profile Link to this post
deleted

Expertise:

Posted Sun Sep 9, 2007, 6:19am

sorry, I'm new here, and I still can't decide whether to get a 4 cup or 2 cup. Obviously the 4 cup makes more, but It looks like the 2 cup makes a better coffee?
I've seen the picture posted up of the crema on a 2 cup, and it does look impressive. Does anybody have a picture of a 4 cup to compare? What about only using half the amount of water and or coffee in the 4 cup, will it produce a coffee of 2 cup quality. I'm so confused.
Oh, and if this has been mentioned before or anything, tell me to shut up and I will, I'm new even to the whole posting in a forum business, so I don't know the ins and outs and the rules quite just yet...
Vince
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Sun Sep 9, 2007, 6:28am

deleted Said:

sorry, I'm new here, and I still can't decide whether to get a 4 cup or 2 cup. Obviously the 4 cup makes more, but It looks like the 2 cup makes a better coffee?
I've seen the picture posted up of the crema on a 2 cup, and it does look impressive. Does anybody have a picture of a 4 cup to compare? What about only using half the amount of water and or coffee in the 4 cup, will it produce a coffee of 2 cup quality. I'm so confused.
Oh, and if this has been mentioned before or anything, tell me to shut up and I will, I'm new even to the whole posting in a forum business, so I don't know the ins and outs and the rules quite just yet...
Vince

Posted September 9, 2007 link

Many people like the 2 cup better than the 4 cup.  However, the 2 cup is not readily available in the U.S.  The 4 cup is (www.amazon.com).  I have the 4 cup and find it more than suits my purpose.  It makes about 4 oz. of espresso.  You cannot just put in 1/2 the amount of water (I do not believe so).  You need to make a full one each time to get the benefit of its crema producing system.

Len
CoffeeRoastersClub.com

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
richedie

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sun Sep 9, 2007, 12:14pm

The 4 cup is fine! I LOVE it. I also prefer Moka and Brikka to espresso.
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Sun Sep 9, 2007, 12:57pm

richedie Said:

The 4 cup is fine! I LOVE it. I also prefer Moka and Brikka to espresso.

Posted September 9, 2007 link

I just got a small woodstove for my shop.  In the winter I am going to try to make Brikka on it.  Should work fine.  Also this weekend I picked up a never used Coleman 9 cup Campfire Percolator for 50 cents.  (I know, Perc is yuk).  For the heck of it I tried it on my electric stove; it works great.  Coffee is so so being perc and of course used to Brikka and Aeropress.  But I figure that when working during the winter in the cold shop, it will be neat to brew my coffee on the woodstove.  Beats paying the a*shole electric company bucks to run my 220 volt electric stove!

Len
CoffeeRoastersClub.com

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
deleted

Expertise:

Posted Sun Sep 9, 2007, 1:17pm

oh, thanks for the replies and everything.
If anyone has pictures still, it'd be great and interesting to know.
I'm a student in the Uk, and need espresso after being addicted to it in Italy. And I'm not going to pay the 2($4!) for one in a cafe!
The 4 cup Brikka is a little easier to get over here, albeit, the price being equivalent to $80 at the cheapest.
kayes
kayes
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Drip: Bodum Press
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Wed Dec 5, 2012, 2:11pm

Excuse my complete ignorance, but what is the difference between the Moka and the Brikka? I have Moka and love it!

My name is Kayes, and I'm obsessed with coffee.
showing page 5 of 5 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Brewing with the...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.293328046799)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+