Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Cory filter rods
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Cory filter rods  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 9 last page next page
Author Messages
b512

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bialetti
Grinder: Capresso Infinity
Vac Pot: Yama,Cory
Drip: Presto,KMB
Roaster: None
Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 5:17pm
Subject: Cory filter rods

Well guys,another "sage" and possibly boreing comment (a function,I think,of growing old). Anyway,a great number of us prefer the Cory rod for a vacpot,rather than paper,cloth or the Bodum experiment. I think we can all admit that the cloth filter is very good,but the glass rod seems a bit (at least) better.
It occurs to me as I age,that time marches on. The Cory has been out of production for a century. For how much longer do you think they will keep appearing on Ebay? At some point,possibly soon,the supply must run out (unless we all die and will them to Ebay.) I strongly suggest that
we all make a point to owning several. At worst,maybe our kids will appreciate them. As I said,just a thought.
 View Profile Link to this post
b512

Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 6:23pm
Subject: Re: Cory filter rods

b512 Said:

Well guys,another "sage" and possibly boreing comment (a function,I think,of growing old). Anyway,a great number of us prefer the Cory rod for a vacpot,rather than paper,cloth or the Bodum experiment. I think we can all admit that the cloth filter is very good,but the glass rod seems a bit (at least) better.
It occurs to me as I age,that time marches on. The Cory has been out of production for a century. For how much longer do you think they will keep appearing on Ebay? At some point,possibly soon,the supply must run out (unless we all die and will them to Ebay.) I strongly suggest that
we all make a point to owning several. At worst,maybe our kids will appreciate them. As I said,just a thought.

Posted May 12, 2005 link

Hey Craig: If you come back on line say Hi. Miss ya!
                          Barry
b512

Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 6:58pm

b512 Said:

Hey Craig: If you come back on line say Hi. Miss ya!
                          Barry

Posted May 12, 2005 link

Oh,hey,Craig,don't respond to my post. With 21 vacpots,nobody has to tell you about rods
                  Barry
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 8:04pm

Barry...would the rod that came with my eBay Silex  be a Cory? It's the original...
When i get it, I post pictures...and i agree that having more than one is a good idea....just try to find a really old corner cabinet at an auction these days....pracically no more English/Danish pine amoires...they make them now from old wood taken from churches, floors etc...

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
b512

Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 9:42pm

IMAWriter Said:

Barry...would the rod that came with my eBay Silex  be a Cory? It's the original...
When i get it, I post pictures...and i agree that having more than one is a good idea....just try to find a really old corner cabinet at an auction these days....pracically no more English/Danish pine amoires...they make them now from old wood taken from churches, floors etc...

Posted May 12, 2005 link

No Rob. Yours will have a spring attached,to hold the rod firmly in place. It's a fine system. That rod can be used with several vacpots,but I've still seen a few posts comenting that with some,it doesn't fit quite properly. Considering your bright future with coffee,I'd still suggest getting a Cory rod or two,just looking to the future.
                                                     Best,
                                                      Barry
b512

Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 9:51pm

b512 Said:

No Rob. Yours will have a spring attached,to hold the rod firmly in place. It's a fine system. That rod can be used with several vacpots,but I've still seen a few posts comenting that with some,it doesn't fit quite properly. Considering your bright future with coffee,I'd still suggest getting a Cory rod or two,just looking to the future.
                                                     Best,
                                                      Barry

Posted May 12, 2005 link

By the way,Rob,like Craig, I look forward to you getting your vacpot and screaming that the brew is to strong or too weak,or tasting lousy. It's such fun to help---take care.
                               Barry
IMAWriter
IMAWriter

Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 9:57pm

Barry...will a Cory glass rod fit my Silex?..wish I knew the Model #...it's on the box, I believe...cool that he had the original box!

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
www.robertjason.com
b512

Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 10:06pm

IMAWriter Said:

Barry...will a Cory glass rod fit my Silex?..wish I knew the Model #...it's on the box, I believe...cool that he had the original box!

Posted May 12, 2005 link

Rob:
 Can't be sure,but the damn things fit almost anything. However,there is no reason to get one for your Silex--their rod is just great. The reason I suggest getting at least one Cory rod is that I have a hunch you are going to be buying more vacpots. For instance,despite some opinions,I think the Bodum filter stinks,and their manual 8 cupper will take the Cory rod
b512

Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 10:26pm

b512 Said:

Rob:
 Can't be sure,but the damn things fit almost anything. However,there is no reason to get one for your Silex--their rod is just great. The reason I suggest getting at least one Cory rod is that I have a hunch you are going to be buying more vacpots. For instance,despite some opinions,I think the Bodum filter stinks,and their manual 8 cupper will take the Cory rod

Posted May 12, 2005 link

A side issue--I like Craig too--he's a classy guy (hope he's not watching)
IMAWriter
IMAWriter

Posted Thu May 12, 2005, 10:42pm

Craig's in zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz land...it's 1:26 in Toronto...eh?
He's been around here along time...as technically astute as anyone on this forum...and unpretentious as well...he can be cantankorous (sp?) when provoked  ;>D
Won awards as a home brewer as well...
Man, there are so many bright, creative minds on CG... yours truly excluded...well...maybe I'm OK with music....

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
www.robertjason.com
showing page 1 of 9 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Cory filter rods  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.337788820267)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+