Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Confessions of a Brikka Lover
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Confessions of a...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 162 of 166 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jpender
jpender
Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: OE LIDO
Vac Pot: S/S Moka Pot
Drip: Aeropress
Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014, 10:40am
Subject: Re: Confessions of a Brikka Lover

I'm finally going to get a Brikka.
So now I have to decide:

Brikka 2 cup
OR
Brikka 4 cup

?
 View Profile Link to this post
kbuzbee
kbuzbee
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Pavoni Europiccola
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Vac Pot: Cona D
Drip: I don't drip
Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014, 12:09pm

jpender Said:

I'm finally going to get a Brikka.
So now I have to decide:

Brikka 2 cup
OR
Brikka 4 cup

?

Posted April 24, 2014 link

2 cup. Definitely. It's smaller, but it's better.

Ken
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
canuckcoffeeguy
canuckcoffeeguy
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Magica, Mypressi...
Grinder: K10PB, Vario, Hario Slim
Vac Pot: I have a Dyson vacuum, but,...
Drip: Aeropress, Bialetti Brikka,...
Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014, 12:31pm

I have the 2 cup Brikka. Haven't used the 4 cup. The 2 cup brews enough for me to drink in one sitting, which is fine, since Iím the only coffee drinker in my house.
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014, 5:46am

I have the 4 cup and have had it for many years.  It brews 6.7oz of coffee which works out to one cup for me.  I drink it like its a strong cup of coffee, not espresso (which it is not of course).

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Enkerli
Enkerli

Espresso: (At cafés, not at home)
Grinder: Hario hand grinders
Vac Pot: (Moka Pot) Bialetti Brikka
Drip: Steep and release pour-over
Roaster: iRoast-2
Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014, 7:44am

canuckcoffeeguy Said:

I have the 2 cup Brikka. Haven't used the 4 cup. The 2 cup brews enough for me to drink in one sitting, which is fine, since Iím the only coffee drinker in my house.

Posted April 24, 2014 link

Pretty much the same thing, here. In this thread, some people have said the 2c is better than the 4c, because the proportions are somehow better. A demitasse of coffee from the 2c Brikka makes for a quick and enjoyable experience, somewhat similar to drinking espresso (though the flavours, mouthfeels, etc. are quite different).
Long been a fan of 6c mokapots for one mug of coffee. Similar situation with the AeroPress (using the same mug, though the mokapot produces a bit more coffee, without dilution). A mug of coffee is a different experience from the Brikka. More in line with drip (though, again, flavours, mouthfeels, etc. are quite different).

Alex
http://enkerli.com/
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Link to this post
jpender
jpender

Grinder: OE LIDO
Vac Pot: S/S Moka Pot
Drip: Aeropress
Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014, 9:46am

Thanks. I've seen this question answered before and have even asked it myself before. But it's decision time. I'm so used to the 4 cup size (my regular moka and the Aeropress both produce cups that size) but I really want the full Brikka experience. So 2 cup it is!
eddyq
eddyq

Espresso: Brikka
Grinder: Antique Burr
Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014, 1:31pm

I'm had my Brikka since last November after reading this entire thread.  Now, I use it every day.
I use hot water, since I make a mug of "Americano" with my moka.  I don't roast, but I have a few local roasters.
Personnally, I like dark roasts.  One of my local roasters roasts too light for my tastes.  The brew is very bright and acidy.

Thank you all for this great thread !!
eddyq
eddyq

Posted Thu May 1, 2014, 2:00pm

So, I failed to say that I have a 4-cup Brikka.  I like the size and have no experience with the 2-cup model.

Before I got the Brikka, I used for a short time a 6-cup Moka Express.  It too make a mighty fine cup.  But I typically reach for the Brikka since I got it.
Enkerli
Enkerli

Espresso: (At cafés, not at home)
Grinder: Hario hand grinders
Vac Pot: (Moka Pot) Bialetti Brikka
Drip: Steep and release pour-over
Roaster: iRoast-2
Posted Thu May 1, 2014, 11:21pm

eddyq Said:

Before I got the Brikka, I used for a short time a 6-cup Moka Express.  It too make a mighty fine cup.  But I typically reach for the Brikka since I got it.

Posted May 1, 2014 link

Thanks for chiming in, Ed!
Do you like brighter coffees in other methods, by any chance? Itís conceivable that the same coffee would produce more appropriate results through one method or anotherÖ

Alex
http://enkerli.com/
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Link to this post
eddyq
eddyq

Posted Thu May 8, 2014, 7:18am

Enkerli Said:

Do you like brighter coffees in other methods, by any chance? Itís conceivable that the same coffee would produce more appropriate results through one method or anotherÖ

Posted May 1, 2014 link

It may be the roaster that simply has a characteristic flavor that I don't care for.  But all their roasts are lighter and brighter with strong citrus flavors.  I tried Kenya, Brazil's and Mexican beans.  I even tried their Kenya esspresso roast.  I tried them with a pour over and a local bar esspresso.  The flavors varied, but still had that citrus flavor that didn't blend well with my liking.

So, if I come across another roaster with a lighter roast, I'll likely ask for a cup before I purchace any beans.   I think I will notice these flavors with any brew method.  I still am curious if another roaster may make the difference.
showing page 162 of 166 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Confessions of a...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.590255975723)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+