Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
New Techni vorm
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > New Techni vorm  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
Author Messages
Yemenman
Yemenman
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bialetti Moka Pot
Grinder: Rocky
Vac Pot: Yama 8 , Kona
Drip: TV KBT741 MOKA MASTER CD
Roaster: I ROAST  GENE CAFE  HOT TOP
Posted Fri Nov 3, 2006, 5:32pm
Subject: New Techni vorm

I just received my Technivorm,tomorrows coffee will have a new twist,a new bean to roast and to break it in with.Igot sum FTO DP Lekempti from S/M,has anyone roasted any of it? Iwill post the verdict.
 View Profile Link to this post
EddieDove
EddieDove
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Carezza
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Dienes
Vac Pot: Yama w/ Cory Glass Rod,...
Drip: Technivorm, Chemex, Bodum...
Roaster: RKDrum, Behmor, Gene Cafe,...
Posted Fri Nov 3, 2006, 6:21pm
Subject: Re: New Techni vorm

Steve,

I just got 2 lbs of the Lekempti today (along with 22 lbs of other coffees) so I haven't roasted it yet, but those that have, have really liked it.  I will probably be roasting it tomorrow.  Let me know how yours turns out and I will share my experience as well.

Respectfully,

Eddie Dove (a.k.a. eodove)
Vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://www.southcoastcoffeeroaster.blogspot.com/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CoffeeBeau
CoffeeBeau

Espresso: Quickmill Anita
Grinder: Rocky SD
Drip: Technovorm Moccamaster
Roaster: RK Drum
Posted Sat Nov 4, 2006, 6:51am

Enjoy the new TV.  Good beans will reward you, while poor or old beans will be punished by the Dutch master!

Keep us posted on your roast.

Bob
Yemenman
Yemenman

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2006, 9:16am

CoffeeBeau Said:

Enjoy the new TV.  Good beans will reward you, while poor or old beans will be punished by the Dutch master!

Keep us posted on your roast.

Bob

Posted November 4, 2006 link

Bob,
        are you using the Stainless vacpot or the glass model?i am not very pleased with the TV,i dont like having to brew into the thermos with the lid off,this causes temp to be lost from the get go.I will give it another go but i will say this,my in cup temperature is no wamer  than my Capresso vac pot,and it is alot less money,i will prolly send it back.

Steve
EddieDove
EddieDove

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2006, 9:27am

Yemenman Said:

Bob,
        are you using the Stainless vacpot or the glass model?i am not very pleased with the TV,i dont like having to brew into the thermos with the lid off,this causes temp to be lost from the get go.I will give it another go but i will say this,my in cup temperature is no wamer  than my Capresso vac pot,and it is alot less money,i will polly send it back.

Steve

That is why I don't care for coffee makers with the thermal carafe's ... I have not found one that will keep the coffee hot.  This is why I bought the Technivorm Moccamaster CD and as soon as the coffee is brewed, it goes into a Thermos Nissan Stainless Steel Thermos that keeps the brew hot all day long.

Respectfully,

Yemenman
Yemenman

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2006, 10:31am

That is why I don't care for coffee makers with the thermal carafe's ... I have not found one that will keep the coffee hot.  This is why I bought the Technivorm Moccamaster CD and as soon as the coffee is brewed, it goes into a Thermos Nissan Stainless Steel Thermos that keeps the brew hot all day long.[x

Eddie,
        Did you roast any of the Lekempti yet?iam disapointed...nothin special,so you have the stainless vesion of the TV,i guess iam always looking for a better mousetrap,its offers nothing that i didnt already have.Do you like the way it pours out of the carafe? i dont its messy

Steve
EddieDove
EddieDove

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2006, 10:57am
Subject: Re: New Technivorm

Yemenman Said:

Did you roast any of the Lekempti yet? I am disappointed...nothing special,so you have the stainless version of the TV Ii guess I am always looking for a better mousetrap, it offers nothing that I didn't already have.  Do you like the way it pours out of the carafe? I don't,  its messy.

Steve

Steve,

I will be roasting the Lekempti today / this evening.  Tell me how you roasted the Lekempti and to what degree relative to 1st and 2nd crack.  My understanding of that coffee is that you should have really liked it or not ... nothing in the middle.

I do NOT have the Technivorm with the thermal carafe.  I have the Moccamaster CD with a glass carafe and it is light-years ahead of my old Mr. Coffee that my sister-in-law now has and loves ... go figure.  The little inner lip on the underside of the carafe's funnel lid does cause a serious mess when pouring, but I apply a little pressure with my thumb that bearly lifts the lid and that problem goes away.  I use either a genuine Swissgold filter or paper filters (Filtropa or Melitta with pinholes) depending on the mood and how much of a hurry I am in.  When using the paper filters, I have gotten into the habit of putting the filter into the filter holder, filling it with water, waiting a few seconds and dumping it out; it cuts down on the paper taste.

Respectfully,

Yemenman
Yemenman

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2006, 11:16am

EddieDove Said:

Steve,

I will be roasting the Lekempti today / this evening.  Tell me how you roasted the Lekempti and to what degree relative to 1st and 2nd crack.  My understanding of that coffee is that you should have really liked it or not ... nothing in the middle.

I do NOT have the Technivorm with the thermal carafe.  I have the Moccamaster CD with a glass carafe and it is light-years ahead of my old Mr. Coffee that my sister-in-law now has and loves ... go figure.  The little inner lip on the underside of the carafe's funnel lid does cause a serious mess when pouring, but I apply a little pressure with my thumb that bearly lifts the lid and that problem goes away.  I use either a genuine Swissgold filter or paper filters (Filtropa or Melitta with pinholes) depending on the mood and how much of a hurry I am in.  When using the paper filters, I have gotten into the habit of putting the filter into the filter holder, filling it with water, waiting a few seconds and dumping it out; it cuts down on the paper taste.

Ok, ithought you had the Stainless vac type,i have two other machines that brew into insulated carafes,both of them deliver a hotter cup,it just kills the concept of having to brew into an open container.....terrible design.

The Lekempi i roasted pretty conventional for the C/G   462  start till first crack,reduced a little temp ,pulled before 2nd crack as thats too dark for me(looking for max fruit)

it only rested overnight,but i can tell what iam looking for is not there on this roast...i will try the Idido misty valley tonight and see how that fairs
EddieDove
EddieDove

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2006, 12:36pm

Steve,

Sometimes you gotta give some of these Ethiopians up to 5 days to come alive.  They can change dramatically between day 3 and day 5 and then wane quickly by day 7.  I roasted the Idido Misty Valley a little lighter and the change form day 3 to day 5 was incredible.

Respectfully,

Yemenman
Yemenman

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2006, 5:21pm

EddieDove Said:

Steve,

Sometimes you gotta give some of these Ethiopians up to 5 days to come alive.  They can change dramatically between day 3 and day 5 and then wane quickly by day 7.  I roasted the Idido Misty Valley a little lighter and the change form day 3 to day 5 was incredible.

Hmmm,thats interesting Eddie,I notice usually a peak with Harar(usually in day 2 0r 3) but usually not after that,usually the quanity i roast last four or five days being that i always think small on what i keep on hand roasted.I like to roast often and learn and enjoy doin it.

Speakin of Misty,did it hold any fruit or unusual character?

Steve
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > New Techni vorm  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.350719928741)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+