Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Pleas help - Buying a new Coffee Machine.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Pleas help -...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
klv

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Starbucks Barista Inox
Grinder: Starbucks Barista Inox
Drip: Trying to get one
Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 6:09pm
Subject: Re: Pleas help - Buying a new Coffee Machine.

Well,

I guess I'll get de CD for three reasons:

1.- The thermal carafe is a priority for me BUT if I need to pre-heat it, I can do so easier with a nicer thermos.
2.- Of course you canīt take the carafe anywhere so Iīll need the thermos anyway.
3.- Watching the color and ĻtextureĻ of the coffee you are going to drink doesnīt seem a bad idea either.

Thanks EVERYONE for the advice.

My only concern now is the grinder, I didnīt know it was of such importance. I mean, I intended to buy one, but I thought that a 30 bucks from starbucks could work.
I looked for the Kitchen Aid Pro Line and got really surprised when figured out it was over 150 bucks. I donīt think I can justify that budget increase with my wife.  :8o(

...Is there probabbly an entry level one?  Is it that tragic if I donīt get a pro one now? Would I be spoiling the coffee machine? Because if it is so, Iīll give my daugher a cool and shiny new grinder for christmas!!! ;o)
 View Profile Link to this post
EddieDove
EddieDove

Espresso: Gaggia Carezza
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Dienes
Vac Pot: Yama w/ Cory Glass Rod,...
Drip: Technivorm, Chemex, Bodum...
Roaster: RKDrum, Behmor, Gene Cafe,...
Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 6:22pm

Caleb,

If you don't mind red you can find it for $99.99 --> Click Here

Be sure to read this thread about it --> Click Here

If you can't handle the red, I wouldn't doubt for a moment that your daughter is well deserving of a cool and shiny new grinder for Christmas!

Respectfully,

Eddie Dove (a.k.a. eodove)
Vita non est vivere sed valere vita est
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference
http://www.southcoastcoffeeroaster.blogspot.com/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
klv

Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 6:56pm

Oops, apparently Illīneed to negotiate some issues tonight and take my wife to the mall this weekend because the first approach didnīt go too well, even for the red one, hehe. 8o(.

You wrote that you were thinking about selling yours. How old is it?  What color is it? How much would you ask for it?
If you donīt feel like selling it, donīt worry. I was just wondering.

Thanks for all your help.
Yemenman
Yemenman
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bialetti Moka Pot
Grinder: Rocky
Vac Pot: Yama 8 , Kona
Drip: TV KBT741 MOKA MASTER CD
Roaster: I ROAST  GENE CAFE  HOT TOP
Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 7:23pm

klv Said:

Well,

I guess I'll get de CD for three reasons:

1.- The thermal carafe is a priority for me BUT if I need to pre-heat it, I can do so easier with a nicer thermos.
2.- Of course you canīt take the carafe anywhere so Iīll need the thermos anyway.
3.- Watching the color and ĻtextureĻ of the coffee you are going to drink doesnīt seem a bad idea either.

Thanks EVERYONE for the advice.

My only concern now is the grinder, I didnīt know it was of such importance. I mean, I intended to buy one, but I thought that a 30 bucks from starbucks could work.
I looked for the Kitchen Aid Pro Line and got really surprised when figured out it was over 150 bucks. I donīt think I can justify that budget increase with my wife.  :8o(

...Is there probabbly an entry level one?  Is it that tragic if I donīt get a pro one now? Would I be spoiling the coffee machine? Because if it is so, Iīll give my daugher a cool and shiny new grinder for christmas!!! ;o)

Posted December 7, 2006 link

I think the word preheat is giving misconceptions, all that is necessary is to fill with hot tap water,screw on the cap,grind your coffee,prepare your coffee basket ,fill the water tank on the TV ,dump the carafe out and brew your coffee and its hot as can be,put the cap back on tightly and it keeps the coffee hot for a long time, the KBT 741 is awsum,just my two cents!

Steve
EddieDove
EddieDove

Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 7:34pm

Caleb,

My KitchenAid Pro Line grinder is brand new ... not a bean through it.  I bought one, called KitchenAid to buy new burrs, they sent me a new grinder.  For some reason I didn't like it and called them again and they sent me another, the one I have now that arrived last Friday.  It was in the interim that I bought the new Mazzer Mini.

Respectfully,

Yemenman
Yemenman

Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 8:20pm

EddieDove Said:

Caleb,

My KitchenAid Pro Line grinder is brand new ... not a bean through it.  I bought one, called KitchenAid to buy new burrs, they sent me a new grinder.  For some reason I didn't like it and called them again and they sent me another, the one I have now that arrived last Friday.  It was in the interim that I bought the new Mazzer Mini.

Hey Eddie,

I see your Toy Collection is Growing!ha ha! i bet your happy with the Mini!

Steve
EddieDove
EddieDove

Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 8:27pm

Hey Steve!

I love the new mini!  Even for drip with a paper filter, it made a tremendous difference ...

I was just telling someone at the office today about the leaps and bounds by which the taste of my coffee has improved with each successive grinder upgrade.  I probably spent enough on them to just about buy the Rocky ... live and learn.

I'm hoping that list of toys is going to grow even more when Christmas gets here ... :-)

Eddie
Yemenman
Yemenman

Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 8:47pm

EddieDove Said:

Hey Steve!

I love the new mini!  Even for drip with a paper filter, it made a tremendous difference ...

I was just telling someone at the office today about the leaps and bounds by which the taste of my coffee has improved with each successive grinder upgrade.  I probably spent enough on them to just about buy the Rocky ... live and learn.

I'm hoping that list of toys is going to grow even more when Christmas gets here ... :-)

Eddie

Your so correct,my gosh what a difference...i guess the even saturation of the slurry really brings out all the hidden flavors,todays Misty brought coconut and Bluberrys.

If i buy any more toys i might be homeless before Santa slides in!

Steve
klv

Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 9:23pm

EddieDove Said:

Caleb,

I did not understand exactly what you said but I guess it's not for sale.
As I mentioned before, don't worry. I'll figure out a way to convince my wife. (...any hints wellcomed, hahaha.)

As for the preheating it means fill with hot water and then drop it just before pouring, doesn't it? Am I missing something?
I'm also in the understanding that it's not needed for the glass one, ...is it?
EddieDove
EddieDove

Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006, 10:05pm

Caleb,

I sent you and email.

You've got the preheating down and I never preheat the glass carafe, just the thermos.

Respectfully,

showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Pleas help -...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.352939128876)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+