Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Technivorm Clubline KB741
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Technivorm...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
rjlazar

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Starbucks
Drip: Technivorm Clubline KB741
Roaster: soon
Posted Sat Dec 9, 2006, 6:54am
Subject: Technivorm Clubline KB741

Just received my new KB741 and brewed my first pot.  It was wonderful to taste an excellent cup of coffee at home like you get at a coffee house.  My question is about the instruction booklet that comes with the machine is not very helpful.  The 2 control switches are one the base of the unit.  The booklet says that after the coffe has brewed turn off the brewing switch and keep the hotplate on high.  When I turn of the brewing switch, it turns off the hotplate.  Also there is an amber light with 'scale' beside it.  Anyone out there that can help with any information about this machine
 View Profile Link to this post
steamer
steamer
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV R
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-B Baratza...
Vac Pot: Krubs Moka Brew, vacPot
Drip: TechV, and many more
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Sat Dec 9, 2006, 9:56am
Subject: Re: Technivorm Clubline KB741

I have had mine for almost 2 years. Its a great machine. The 2 switches, one for power the other is to turn the hot plate to either high or low, mine only works when the power switch is on. The Scale light will come one when the unit feels it's time for a cleaning or the tubes are overly scaled with calcium. I use RO water so mine hasnt come on. I use mine with both switches on, if by chance there is some left over I switch it over to low temp for the hot plate. I also use the smaller brew switch on the filer basket for up to 32oz, over that I use the full open setting. Not more than that run the brewer.
Susanna

Expertise: Just starting

Grinder: KitchenAid pro line
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: Gene Cafe
Posted Sat Dec 9, 2006, 10:59am
Subject: Re: Technivorm Clubline KB741

That kinda confused me also.  Leave the power switch on.  The light on the warming plate only comes on when it is set to high.  I have mine set to low and the coffee seems to stay hot without burning. I have only had mine a month or so and the scale light has not come on yet.  I have a water filter on my sink but it does not remove minerals and we make 3 or 4 full pots per day.  I figured I would run some cleaner through it about once a month anyway just to keep the scale from building up as I have a feeling it will probably get pretty bad before the light comes on.

Susan
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Technivorm...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.258013010025)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+