Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
keurig
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > keurig  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
bucfanmike

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2007, 12:20am
Subject: Re: keurig

i am a regular member of singleservecoffee.com and a confessed junkie for single serve coffee machines. Let me say that i prefer french press coffee to other methods. But i started in single serve for convenience, when i only need a cup or two and work a different schedule than my wife. Hence i started trying different single serves. I have dumped all my lower end units and i currently have a keurig b50, a bunn mcp, a tassimo, and a grindmaster opod. I prefer the pod coffee to the keurig as IMO i get a better cup (taste, mouthfeel) from the grindmaster opod machine. Now keep in mind i buy all my coffee pods online and dont settle with the store crap. I know espescially on this site that there are coffee snobs who simply wont accept that anything from a pre-made pod can taste good, but i gotta tell you its better than any drip coffee i ever had and its ready in 30 seconds. I can go from having a cup of tanzania peaberry to my next cup of ethiopian sidamo.

I would however lean more towards the grindmaster OPOD for ease and convenience over the keurig. There just currently arent enough extra bold kcups available to make the keurig that great.

Oh and about the my-cup device that lets you use your own grounds.. well its finicky, but when you get the grind right, kinda between an espresso and drip then it works really well. But likewise in the bunn pod machine and the grindmaster you can put those grinds in a tsac and it brews even better.
 View Profile Link to this post
twanhines
twanhines
Expertise: I live coffee

Drip: keurig special edition
Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013, 11:55am
Subject: Re: keurig

Yea I have the my k-cup and there definitely is a difference in the coffee taste based on how fine the grinds are. In fact if you open up a k-cup you'll see how finely the coffee is grounded inside of the k-cup.

bucfanmike Said:

i am a regular member of singleservecoffee.com and a confessed junkie for single serve coffee machines. Let me say that i prefer french press coffee to other methods. But i started in single serve for convenience, when i only need a cup or two and work a different schedule than my wife. Hence i started trying different single serves. I have dumped all my lower end units and i currently have a keurig b50, a bunn mcp, a tassimo, and a grindmaster opod. I prefer the pod coffee to the keurig as IMO i get a better cup (taste, mouthfeel) from the grindmaster opod machine. Now keep in mind i buy all my coffee pods online and dont settle with the store crap. I know espescially on this site that there are coffee snobs who simply wont accept that anything from a pre-made pod can taste good, but i gotta tell you its better than any drip coffee i ever had and its ready in 30 seconds. I can go from having a cup of tanzania peaberry to my next cup of ethiopian sidamo.

I would however lean more towards the grindmaster OPOD for ease and convenience over the keurig. There just currently arent enough extra bold kcups available to make the keurig that great.

Oh and about the my-cup device that lets you use your own grounds.. well its finicky, but when you get the grind right, kinda between an espresso and drip then it works really well. But likewise in the bunn pod machine and the grindmaster you can put those grinds in a tsac and it brews even better.

Posted January 22, 2007 link

Jaleel Hines
Keurig coffee drinker
www.fixthatkeurig.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > keurig  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.235702991486)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+