Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Ascaso Dream is dripping
Barista Tools
Large selection of tampers, pitchers, milk frothers and much more!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Ascaso Dream is...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Joel_B
Joel_B
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Astra Mega II
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: nope, french press
Roaster: Behmor, WP, BBQ drum
Posted Sun Mar 28, 2010, 9:54am
Subject: Re: Ascaso Dream is dripping

To smithman and mike, sorry I didn't see your posts earlier. Mike, glad you were able to get it. Smithman, if you haven't gotten it from someone else yet just send me an email and I'll send you the file.
 View Profile Link to this post
Roasterbob

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010, 10:11pm

Hello .  My Dream Machine has got the drip too.  Can someone please send me the pdf file as well.

Thanks in advance.

bob

coyotebob@gmail.com
Joel_B
Joel_B

Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010, 6:05am

email sent.
sara_g

Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010, 9:07am

We have an Ascaso Steel Uno that is dripping from the steam wand.  Wondering if the fix for the Dream might work for this as well?  Grateful if you could send the pdf my way as well.
Joel_B
Joel_B

Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010, 9:23am

sara_g Said:

We have an Ascaso Steel Uno that is dripping from the steam wand.  Wondering if the fix for the Dream might work for this as well?  Grateful if you could send the pdf my way as well.

Posted April 13, 2010 link

Email sent.

It's my understanding that the Ascasos use the same guts, but with the introduction of the "professional" line and thermoblock machines, etc. that may no longer be the case.  Please let us know if it works for non-dream machines as well.
BeInMySolo

Espresso: Ascaso Dream
Grinder: Hario Skerton
Drip: Hario V60
Posted Thu Apr 15, 2010, 8:14am

Wow, there seems to be a lot of traffic looking for the same answer here.

Could somebody mail me the PDF?

As a workaround (and I'm ashamed to say that it took me a long time to hit upon it), have you tried simply folding the steam arm over the drip tray when not in use?

I've found that if you're careful when cleaning it doesn't interfere, and the water drips harmlessly into the drip tray.
mikesteb

Posted Thu Apr 15, 2010, 8:18am

I just sent it, let me know if it doesn't get to you.

Mike
BeInMySolo

Espresso: Ascaso Dream
Grinder: Hario Skerton
Drip: Hario V60
Posted Thu Apr 15, 2010, 9:04am

Thanks.
I've reduced the PDF image quality settings (and taken out the fonts) to compress the file below the 75 KB limit.
Here's the text:

Ascaso Dream Steam Valve Adjustment
This guide outlines the steps required to perform an adjustment of the steam knob on the Ascaso Dream espresso machine. This adjustment should solve the issue of the steam knob not turning off or on properly. You will be making an adjustment to the “stops” on the steam knob shaft. The stops can fall out of adjustment if the steam knob is turned too far in either direction. When opening and closing the steam knob, use caution that you do not open it too far, or over tighten the knob when closing it.

Tools Needed:
  • A short Phillips screwdriver
  • Allen Wrench – size #2
    These tools are simple and can be found at any hardware store.

Procedure
  1. Unplug your machine from the power outlet.
  2. Behind the group head on each side are 2 #2 Phillips screws. Remove them. These screws are fairly long, so it will take some time to completely remove them.
  3. Lift the top off and set aside on a cloth towel.
  4. Rotate the steam knob to open by turning towards you and you will see a long black threaded screw come up. This is the Allen screw.
  5. Loosen the Allen screw with your # 2 Allen wrench by turning the screw counter -clockwise.
  6. Hold the screw and rotate the steam knob clock-wise about a 1/8th turn, then release the screw and see if the knob will shut off. If it does, then rotate the knob to open until the screw comes up to the top (pointing straight up towards the ceiling) and then tighten the screw so that it is snug. Do not over-tighten the screw.
  7. Check that the valve is closing by turning the coffee switch (right switch) on and then the power switch on (middle switch) in that order. If water comes out the group head, the adjustment was successful. If not, unplug the machine and repeat #s 3, 4, & 5.
  8. Test. If fixed unplug the machine and go to the last step.
  9. Replace the top but check that the extension screws in the cover are secure before placing the cover.

Ascaso Steam Adjust low quality.pdf.zip
Joel_B
Joel_B

Posted Thu Apr 15, 2010, 9:25am

BeInMySolo Said:

I've reduced the PDF image quality settings (and taken out the fonts) to compress the file below the 75 KB

Posted April 15, 2010 link

Simon, it's my understanding that CG no longer supports file postings such as your zipped .pdf, so the file you provided will not work.  Thanks for posting the text though.  Hopefully that will be enough for most.
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Apr 15, 2010, 9:37am

Right, as I've (& other mods) posted numerous times that's the case until CG Version3 is rolled out..

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
showing page 4 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Ascaso Dream is...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.31599187851)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+