Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bellman CX25
LavAzza Espresso Machines
Awesome capsule espresso machines. Perfect for home, office and restaurant applications.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bellman CX25  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
trappedinthebean

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Tue Feb 9, 2010, 2:05pm
Subject: Re: Bellman CX25

Hi, thought I'd revive this older thread instead of starting a new one because it's the closest to my question...

I just bought a used CX25, but upon arriving home, discovered that it's missing gasket # 5236 ("gasket for lid"),

Instead of paying for a new Bellman gasket before knowing if I even like this coffeemaker, I'm planning to cut out a similarly-sized one from some compatible material.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any detailed dimensional information online...

Could someone with a relatively new (ie, as yet undeformed by steam/heat) #5236 gasket please post its dimensions (inner, outer diameter and thickness) ?  

Thank you so much!!
 View Profile Link to this post
canuk_guy
canuk_guy
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Barista
Vac Pot: Moka Pot, Bellman, Coffee...
Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010, 9:02am

This might not be as accurate as it could given I'm using a ruler and my eyes are getting on in years ...

internal diameter 63 mm

external diameter 73 mm

width 10 mm (obviously)

thickness 3 mm

Have fun cutting one up.

This coffee maker does a pretty good job once you get it running right.  Might take a couple or five tries to get it just right, but the coffee certainly is good.  Now steaming the milk adds a whole other bit to it that I'm struggling with.  Sometimes I do well ... sometimes not so well.

Cheers, Guy
aka canuk_guy

“It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.”
~Mark Twain
farmroast
farmroast
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Strega,Cremina, MCAL...
Grinder: Majors, Dienes
Vac Pot: Hellem10
Drip: CCD, and more
Roaster: 1kg. DreamRoast
Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010, 9:16am

Might check here. Bellman

Ed Bourgeois... LMWDP #167
please visit my blog
http://coffee-roasting.blogspot.com/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
trappedinthebean

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010, 11:12pm

canuk_guy Said:

This might not be as accurate as it could given I'm using a ruler and my eyes are getting on in years ...

internal diameter 63 mm
external diameter 73 mm
width 10 mm (obviously)
thickness 3 mm

Posted February 10, 2010 link

Thanks canuk_guy!  
I also shot an email over to the good folks at fantes.com, and those dimensions for that part (sku #16341) were posted on their webpage after they replied to my email (thanks farmroast ;) ).  Unfortunately, their dimensions differ a bit from the metric version above -- their 3.25" (external) diameter would make it about 83mm ... not to mention that the ones they emailed me are different still from the posted webpage numbers...
canuk_guy
canuk_guy

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2010, 10:11am

I'll take a second measure when I get home tonight and let you know.  All the same, it would be worth it to replace all the gaskets using their gasket kit.  It will take some practice, but you'll get a decent espresso like extract out of it.  I'm still learning with mine.  So far I haven't made something I do not like anyway.

Cheers, Guy
aka canuk_guy

“It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.”
~Mark Twain
canuk_guy
canuk_guy

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2010, 6:50pm

Hey TITB ...

Measured that rubber gasket again.  I don't know what I was doing or thinking ... 83 mm it is ... 73 mm inside.  Did you get a gasket yet?  Let me know when you get the Bellman going and how it works for you.

Cheers, Guy
aka canuk_guy

~Mark Twain
Lindsay

Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Tue Jun 15, 2010, 3:34pm

Hi there, does anyone out there know how to replace the teeny little gaskets inside the top lid of the Bellman stovetop model?  I have had this baby for years, but it has rececntly stopped making espresso and is merely spraying, so I know I need to replace the gaskets.  The problem is that the top lid is somewhat difficult to take apart, and I'm wondering HOW I go about replacing the gaskets in the espresso release part.  

Any ideas?  

Thank you!
http://www.fantes.com/bellman-parts.html
Lindsay
Neill78

Espresso: Vev Vigano stovetop Moka
Grinder: Hario Skerton
Drip: $1.50 dripper
Roaster: Transcendcoffee.com
Posted Wed Jun 16, 2010, 10:36pm

canuk_guy Said:

Question though ... when I open the coffee valve I get a *lot* of steam coming through.  It's more like a rush of steam with coffee than a flow.  Is that normal for this thing?  I expected it to be more of a flow of coffee and then steam sputtering at the end.

Posted August 9, 2009 link

I'm guessing, since you're in Canada like me, that you're using an electric stove? You need to turn down the stove to medium or medium-low, depending on your stove, and let the coffee brew more slowly. The instructions say "Place machine on the stovetop, at the highest heat that can fit under the machine, without flames coming up the sides." Since the Bellman is pretty small diameter, the flame would actually be quite small too. This is the same method of brewing in a moka pot.

You should get a thick dribble at the start, followed by a steady flow, and end with a steamy, foamy gush.
canuk_guy
canuk_guy

Posted Sat Jul 17, 2010, 4:31pm

Hi Neil78,

Yup in Canada,  just south of you in Calgary.  I'll give that method a try and see how it works out.

Cheers, Guy
aka canuk_guy

~Mark Twain
grogstah

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: La Pavoni Pre-Mil, La...
Posted Tue Oct 26, 2010, 4:05pm

This is for their electric version, but has more detail on espresso prep and might be helpful:

http://www.fantes.com/manuals/bellman-cxe-25-27-manual.pdf
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bellman CX25  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.301455974579)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+