Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Trifecta Home - New product debut at CoffeeCon 2012
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 12 of 12 first page previous page
Author Messages
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012, 2:16pm
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta Home - New product debut at CoffeeCon 2012

Bunn gave someone a Trifecta at CoffeeCon? Sure wish it was me - all I got to do was make coffee with one like everyone else who signed up for the lab...

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
 View Profile Link to this post
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012, 2:31pm

EricBNC Said:

Bunn gave someone a Trifecta at CoffeeCon? Sure wish it was me - all I got to do was make coffee with one like everyone else who signed up for the lab...

Posted March 17, 2012 link

Well, I would have prolly lowered my already low standard of decorum, gotten on my knees, and begged, pleaded, cajoled, and otherwise groveled at the feet of whomever was in the booth, with tears in my eyes, and inquired as to whether there was a scratch, dented, or otherwise UPS messed with unit available at a discount! (please, I'm half kidding)

BTW, having re-read some of the previous posts before I raised a few questions, I can see where I might have been a bit hasty, or even insensitive.
I offer my apology.

I am a MEMBER FIRST, and volunteer 2nd.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BillH
BillH
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: LeLit PL41TQ-PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte
Vac Pot: PITA
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB, Krups Moka...
Roaster: 'Elaine' Custom Diedrich...
Posted Sun Mar 18, 2012, 4:26am

barkingburro Said:

I have 2 questions about the Trifecta MB:

1) In the videos, it looked like the home model doesn't pause very long for the presoak (whereas the professional model gives you more flexibility here).  How long of a presoak pause can you achieve with the home model?

2) The professional model is said to heat the air before it is injected.  Does the home model have an identical feature?

Thanks!

Posted March 17, 2012 link

I can try to answer point 1): You have three choices of infusion time. :40, :45 and :50 seconds for coffee. There are five choices of turbulence cycle which adjusts the sequence of mixing and pausing, so basically from my time with it, the lower the turbulence the longer the pausing (soak).

I have no idea on point 2)....heated air is not mentioned when the turbulence cycle is explained in the included literature.
nennafir

Grinder: Bunn LPG-2E
Drip: Bunn Axiom DV TC
Roaster: RK Drums
Posted Tue May 15, 2012, 11:29am

Hello.

Can people who have had this for a couple of months now let me know:

(1) How easy is it to clean after each use?

(2) How easy is it to clean when you do whatever "regular maintenance cleaning" that you have to do?

(3) (If you also have experience with the commercial Trifecta) How does cleaning the commercial unit compare to cleaning the home unit?

Thanks!
rasqual
rasqual

Espresso: *$ Barista, non-pressurized
Grinder: SMP
Vac Pot: Yama, Aeropress
Drip: Porcelain Melitta 103, Hario
Roaster: "ring roaster", mod popper
Posted Sun Mar 10, 2013, 8:50pm

Bunn will, of course, be a huge sponsor of CoffeeCon 2013, which will be May 4 this year just west of Chicago.

I'm not counting this post as an advertisement, since my role in CoffeeCon is as a volunteer organizing a volunteer demonstration of multiple home roasting devices.

If anyone's interested in joining the demo let me know. 2000 attending consumers may be interested in home roasting. Who knows?    :-)
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sun Mar 10, 2013, 9:06pm

rasqual Said:

Bunn will, of course, be a huge sponsor of CoffeeCon 2013, which will be May 4 this year just west of Chicago.

I'm not counting this post as an advertisement, since my role in CoffeeCon is as a volunteer organizing a volunteer demonstration of multiple home roasting devices.

If anyone's interested in joining the demo let me know. 2000 attending consumers may be interested in home roasting. Who knows?    :-)

Posted March 10, 2013 link

Scott, great to see you here. (haven't for a while).
Your posting is timely, informational, and totally good with me.

Bunn makes fine products.

Man, as a long time home roaster (SC/CO) and Behmor beta tester, owner I'd love to be there an help, watch, drink copious amounts of coffee.
I'm in the Nashville burbs, so it's about 8 hours by car to Chicago, I believe.
Apologies to the OP for the slight Off topic

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
rasqual
rasqual

Espresso: *$ Barista, non-pressurized
Grinder: SMP
Vac Pot: Yama, Aeropress
Drip: Porcelain Melitta 103, Hario
Roaster: "ring roaster", mod popper
Posted Mon Mar 11, 2013, 6:42am

You'd be welcome to join us in the roasting pavilion. We're organizing the roasters in a thread at GCBC, and any home roaster is welcome to join the fun. For the roasters, it's just a volunteer public education event. The ideal goal would be to have a lot of people become home roasters.

Last year I was really drooling over the Trifecta. Couldn't afford it even with the show discount. It's on my short list, but the problem is that nothing on my short list is inexpensive.  ;-)
jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Mon Mar 11, 2013, 8:11am

^^^ Wish I was able to join you all there. Hey, could be worse: at least you're not pining for a Steampunk (right?)!
showing page 12 of 12 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.308315992355)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+