Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Clover Coming soon (maybe)
SR500 Home Coffee Roaster
Ships with five pounds of beans you get to choose.
coffeeproject.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Clover Coming...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 4:45am
Subject: Re: Clover Coming soon (maybe)

Congrats on getting the machine up and running!
I hope it didn't cost too much, it is a great machine and I always enjoyed the brew from it, too bad the ownership of the company went to a new owner who only wanted to destroy the tech and the quality it brewed.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cornercafe

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Intelli Black Cat
Grinder: Baratza virtuoso
Drip: Clover, French Press - bodum
Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 6:57am

calblacksmith Said:

Congrats on getting the machine up and running!
I hope it didn't cost too much, it is a great machine and I always enjoyed the brew from it, too bad the ownership of the company went to a new owner who only wanted to destroy the tech and the quality it brewed.

Posted October 5, 2012 link

Im really surprised after all these years, no one has come up with a similair machine. Dont know if there are patents involved here or not.

As far as the cost to get it back up and running, we have found someone who can fix motherboards, so mine will be sent to him in a few weeks, right now Im using a motherboard from another machine.

On another note, I was talking to my son last night and he gave me different brew parms that I tried this morning and was pretty good.

Finer Grind
34  grams
temp 208
steep 47 sec

Was pretty good. Im happy because I can save on the weight. Now if I can address the water issue (no RO, high TDS's), then we would be rockin.
 View Profile Link to this post
Dasein

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Synesso 3 grp
Grinder: Mazzer Robur E, Kony E,...
Vac Pot: Yama & Hario etc...
Drip: Clover 1s, Press Pots, Hario...
Roaster: Probat L12, Probatino,...
Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 10:01am

Good to see the machine up an running.  Parts and support can be obtained for Clover's in North America by contacting me (rg@...) at my elysiancoffee.com email address.  All parts are still available for the machines - USA based customers can order the most common parts from our USA based online store http://elysianusa.myshopify.com/collections/clover-parts  Parts not listed in the store are available but need to be purchased by contacting me.  Feel free to contact me to ask for guidence before ordering parts from the store (unless you know exactly what you need).  Most issues with Clovers can be addressed with just a few parts and guidance -- damaged motherboards being the exception - those need replacing or need to be sent out to people who specialize in MB work.  There are a few specific parts and parts differences depending on the machine serial number - make sure you know your serial number when you contact us and we'll do our best to sort you out.  Canadian parts orders for Clover should be done though me directly as our Clover parts section of our Canadian online store is not active for ordering.

R.
lifeandpeace
lifeandpeace

Espresso: Arrarex Caravel
Grinder: BUNN G1, Zassenhaus knee
Vac Pot: Cory / Hario / Silex
Drip: cloth, glass Hario V60;...
Roaster: RK Drum, WBP II
Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 3:38pm

Richard,

Thanks for posting about the Clover. Cool to see that you've resurrected one of the sweetest relics of 2007. I used two of the earliest, I'm told, in our shops in LA and in Hollywood. I, likewise, had great experiences with the machine. Your parameters are similar to what we used (i.e., 30+ grams for 12 oz).

The thing that always amazed me about it was its simplicity--baring, of course its precise temperature control--which is easy to do at home. The unique element about it, I think, is its screen. It is mega fine without clogging. It doesn't seem like such a gnostic mystery to source a screen that filters like this. It seems that a rather simple, less refined-looking way of brewing in this style is possible at home (big updose + brew time of 1 minute or less + constant brew temp). The key is the screen.

www.lampmode.com
cornercafe

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Intelli Black Cat
Grinder: Baratza virtuoso
Drip: Clover, French Press - bodum
Posted Fri Oct 5, 2012, 8:07pm

Thanks for your post lifeandpeace, what is really amazing to think about how many people never tasted a cup off this great machine. Ive got folks here pretty excited to come over and try it. Guys that are working at my old shop that want to taste this great cup. I think I'll have a lot of house guest for the forseeable future. lol

Just enjoyed a cup a few minutes ago, I really did miss the cleanness of the month feel. I was so use to the French Press, a much heavyer month feel, that its almost refreshing. Im so glad I was able to get this back up and running.

I do wonder how many of these are still in action?
 View Profile Link to this post
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Clover Coming...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.237739086151)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+