Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Any thoughts on the Capresso MT600?
LavAzza Espresso Machines
Awesome capsule espresso machines. Perfect for home, office and restaurant applications.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Any thoughts on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
saranoelle
saranoelle
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Grinder: Vario
Drip: Bonavita BV1800TH,...
Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012, 11:46am
Subject: Re: Any thoughts on the Capresso MT600?

Thanks, Eric. I was hoping you would reply to this thread!

I was thinking that the filter cone sitting directly onto the pot would be annoying compared to the Capresso with the "pause" function if you wanted to remove the thermos for some reason? Or delay putting it under the cone (so as to saturate the grinds)?

Looks aren't so important (between these 2 models), more about what's in the cup for me. I'm perfectly happy with my AeroPress in the mornings, but if I'm going to need a drip machine for guests, I'd rather it be one that makes coffee that I would like to drink when company is not around!

Do you have any experience with the TV that you could compare to the Bonavita? I'd just rather not spend the $300+ on the TV (if it isn't necessary), and put the extra dollars in my 'espresso machine fund' (that keeps getting emptied due to vehicle repairs, doh!).
 View Profile Link to this post
DaveKl

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012, 12:09pm

Original poster here...

I actually ended up going with the Technivorm and haven't regretted it for a second.  Honestly, I couldn't tell you the last time I had my french press out as I consistently get great coffee from my Technivorm brewer.

Here's a comparison between the TV and the Bonavita that might interest you (if you haven't seen it yet):

Click Here (www.clivecoffee.com)

Good luck with your decision!
saranoelle
saranoelle

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012, 12:37pm

Thanks for that, DaveKl. What made you decide to front the extra $$ for the TV in the end?

Yes, thanks, I've read the review from Clive Coffee... which would be a bit more helpful I think if I regularly used a drip machine and had preferences pertaining to use, etc. And if I had seen both machines in person, but I've only seen the TV in person (to comment on built quality, etc). The taste test variables (with paper filter, stirring/not stirring) are pretty subjective I think. I wish I could just test both and decide which one I want to buy haha!!
saranoelle
saranoelle

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012, 1:29pm

Just to update for any future readers of this thread, I decided on the Bonavita Thermal. Arrived yesterday from Transcend Coffee in Edmonton, and brewed my first pot this morning, and it is delicious! I decided to go with the BV over the TV due to price, and the glass lined thermal carafe. Since I often brew with pour-over methods, I couldn't justify spending 2x on the TV for a brewer that seemingly produces the same quality in the cup. And, the Capresso would have been 3rd on the list, but it just doesn't get the reviews like the BV and TV. And for the same or higher price of a BV, it was a no brainer.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Any thoughts on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.2948179245)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+