Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 106 of 113 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
The_Coffee_Guy
The_Coffee_Guy
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Baratza Encore
Drip: Behmor BraZen Brew System,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013, 9:12am
Subject: Re: Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)

Must have been. Contact Behmor and they will send a kit to fix that
 View Profile Link to this post
Jerry43

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Carisma
Grinder: Virtuoso, HG-One
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Huky 500
Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013, 3:12pm

That puts me at 33g per 600ml as the Coffee Guy says. If your spout dribbles, you have the old style. I just got around to replacing mine a couple of weeks ago. The new spout lip is deeper and not a single dribble with it. My new one came in three days and they also sent an email confirming they had got my request for a replacement.  

No telling how many original units are sitting at various retailers awaiting sale.
bodkacoffee

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: Cuadra II
Grinder: Vario W
Drip: Behmor Brazen
Roaster: US Roaster 5k
Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013, 6:49pm

Thanks. I'll email them.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
dpeters11

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Dec 12, 2013, 1:02pm

I'm having trouble finding the answer to this. I'm getting a replacement Brazen. I currently have the A model. What is different in the B model? I know the screen was removed and the carafe redesigned, but that doesn't seem like a big enough change for a whole model number revision.
imsnowbear
imsnowbear

Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Several, including Sunbeam...
Drip: Technivorm, Melitta Clarity,...
Roaster: SC/GG/Behmor 1600
Posted Thu Dec 12, 2013, 1:24pm

dpeters11 Said:

I'm having trouble finding the answer to this. I'm getting a replacement Brazen. I currently have the A model. What is different in the B model? I know the screen was removed and the carafe redesigned, but that doesn't seem like a big enough change for a whole model number revision.

Posted December 12, 2013 link

I don't know the answer to your question, but the problems with the original were so significant that a relaunch with a different model designation makes sense. I'm a big cheerleader for this product and the company, and I hope that they can move beyond the early model glitches. I received my replacement after experiencing all the reported issues--incomplete emptying, drippy carafe, and finally a failed water valve. Up until the day it became incontinent as soon as water was added to the boiler, it made great coffee, as does the replacement Behmor sent without any questions.
dpeters11

Posted Thu Dec 12, 2013, 8:20pm

What really suggested it too me is that they said they only want the old machines back if it's a B model.
dpeters11

Posted Tue Dec 17, 2013, 4:35pm

Got my replacement, but I'm having to request the carafe fix kit.
SanFranFlyFish
SanFranFlyFish

Espresso: La Pavoni PC-16
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Drip: Behmor Brazen
Posted Sat Jan 4, 2014, 9:11am
Subject: HELP!! Brazen Shuts off half way thru brew cycle.

Last week our 1 year old Brazen started shutting down "Done - Beep" while there is still  cup of water in the reservoir. A re-start empties the reservoir. Also temp fluctuates between 201 and 204 AND there is the occasional half-second 60Hz buzz.

BTW I bought my Brazen Feb 2013 (SN: A000184) and use distilled water since Day 1.

What do I do? Anyone else have these symptoms?

UPDATE: I actually  backed up a 1/4 of the way in this thread, read the relevant posts, and see this is a common problem. Sent Behmor Support an email - hope  something positive happens...
roastmybeans

Expertise: I live coffee

Drip: Chemex, Mocamaster
Roaster: Nesco
Posted Sat Jan 4, 2014, 9:36am
Subject: Re: HELP!! Brazen Shuts off half way thru brew cycle.

SanFranFlyFish Said:

Last week our 1+ year old Brazen started shutting down "Done - Beep" while there is still  cup of water in the reservoir. A re-start empties the reservoir. Also temp fluctuates between 201 and 204 AND there is the occasional half-second 60Hz buzz.

Posted January 4, 2014 link

I had that issue with my first unit.  The valve is seized.  After about 15 emails going back and forth to Behmor support and them basically trying to push the blame on me for not using pure enough water ( even though I was using bottled water with low PPMs ).  The next hand full of emails had to do with telling me how to clean my machine ( like I couldn't figure that out ) and checking the valve for obstructions.  Finally they sent me a replacement unit.  My second unit did well for a while then started giving me problems again.  I finally was able to fix every issue that I ever had with my Brazen ( clogs, leaky carafe, cold coffee, standing water, etc ).  What I ended up doing was throwing the entire unit in the trash and went and bought a Technivorm mocamaster.  It was a $200 lesson for me to learn not to do business with this company but for the release of all the daily frustration I had it was worth it.
If this is your first unit, I am surprised you made it as long as you did.  Most of ours clogged before the warranty was over and got replacements.  Good luck you will need it.
imsnowbear
imsnowbear

Vac Pot: Several, including Sunbeam...
Drip: Technivorm, Melitta Clarity,...
Roaster: SC/GG/Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Jan 4, 2014, 1:28pm
Subject: Re: HELP!! Brazen Shuts off half way thru brew cycle.

SanFranFlyFish Said:

Last week our 1 year old Brazen started shutting down "Done - Beep" while there is still  cup of water in the reservoir. A re-start empties the reservoir. Also temp fluctuates between 201 and 204 AND there is the occasional half-second 60Hz buzz.

BTW I bought my Brazen Feb 2013 (SN: A000184) and use distilled water since Day 1.

UPDATE: I actually  backed up a 1/4 of the way in this thread, read the relevant posts, and see this is a common problem. Sent Behmor Support an email - hope  something positive happens...

Posted January 4, 2014 link

I think at first there was some initial thought at Behmor that scaling was the problem. I experienced the incomplete draining issues almost from the start. Then after 6 or 7 months the water release valve quit working altogether. The water would begin to drain immediately upon being poured into the reservoir. I reported this issue to Behmor and they immediately replaced the brewer, complete with prepaid shipping label to return the defective unit. I suspect, but do not know, that they have determined the actual problems to be caused by defective water release valves and not scale from the water. The buzzing you hear might be the solenoid working unsuccessfully to activate the water release valve. They did remove the screen from the water drain port as they thought it was responsible for scale buildup. My replacement does not have the screen and is working fine so far.

At any rate, my experience with Behmor has been totally positive, and I think they will strand behind the early production problem units.

Post back with your experience with them.
showing page 106 of 113 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.311334133148)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+