Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 58 of 113 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
onthemoors

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Zassenhaus
Drip: Bunn
Roaster: Hottop, Behmor
Posted Tue Nov 6, 2012, 5:26am
Subject: Re: Now we know what GORT is (Behmor BraZen Brewer)

spyglassweb Said:

My BraZen has stopped brewing. The water does not heat and I am seeing an E0 error on the display. The manual doesn't mention this error. I have contacted tech support, but wanted to see if anyone else had been having issues and may know how to resolve.

April

Posted November 6, 2012 link

While I'm sure people here would love to help, given the brewer is so new to the market doubtful anyone here can and suggest you give Behmor technical support an opportunity to reply. Their reputation is stellar so I'm sure you'll be assisted.
 View Profile Link to this post
The_Coffee_Guy
The_Coffee_Guy
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Baratza Encore
Drip: Behmor BraZen Brew System,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Tue Nov 6, 2012, 5:28am

They are known for their personal approach to customer service. I'm sure you'll have answers shortly
spyglassweb

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Nov 6, 2012, 5:59am

OK, this is pretty amazing. I got a reply from tech support at 7:15 am, my time, which is 5:15 pacific, where they are located. This is only about an hour after sending my email. The only thing they asked for was my address so they could send me a new one. Just STELLAR!!
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Tue Nov 6, 2012, 8:22am

spyglassweb Said:

OK, this is pretty amazing. I got a reply from tech support at 7:15 am, my time, which is 5:15 pacific, where they are located. ...

I think Joe gave up on sleeping in the mid-70's.   ;-)

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
tahoejoe
tahoejoe

Grinder: Solis Maestro
Drip: Behmor Brazen Brew System
Posted Tue Nov 6, 2012, 9:09am

frcn Said:

I think Joe gave up on sleeping in the mid-70's.   ;-)

We are all early birds at Behmor. My day started at 2am today and others started getting to emails about 5am, admittedly we all hit a wall around 12-2, then shake cobwebs out a little later to revisit the boards, then collapse around 9.

I'd like to say it's the coffee but it's really more the passion we share for providing solutions.. now if we can get our ISP to clean up their email software issues I'd maybe sleep in till say 4am..

REMINDER: Never leave the roaster unattended when in use !!   And remember to use our Rosetta Stone tip PART V PARAGRAPH 3.. it works !!!

www.behmor.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/behmor
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Behmor-Inc/214061212036763#!
bebopdeluxe

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Nov 8, 2012, 4:18pm

Hey there...just got my Brazen a couple of days ago - replacing a Capresso MT500 - and I love it!  I used to use the gold filter in the Capresso, but I am now going to use paper filters in the Brazen...while I have done some home roasting (with a Poppery II), most of the time I use some La Colombe Corsica beans - ground with a Virtuoso Preciso...

Tenfirst pot, I kept everyting on the preset settings (208 degrees, 1:20 presoak) with the same grind settings as I used with the Capresso...definitely an improvement, but I wanted a little more full-bodied taste...and I think I screwed up.  I went finer with the grind...and I lost something in the body of the coffee...my guess is that - with the presoak - I may want a coarser grind...is that right?

Can someone out there give a pseudo-noob some sugggestions (other than buying a Behmor roaster...which might be the next step!) as to what tweaks might get me a richer cup of joe?

Thanks!
The_Coffee_Guy
The_Coffee_Guy

Grinder: Baratza Encore
Drip: Behmor BraZen Brew System,...
Posted Thu Nov 8, 2012, 4:52pm

I have found that grinding one notch courser than the consistency of Kosher Salt (as previously recommended on this thread awhile back) does wonders. I also have discovered that 204F is a good temp for the brew as well. Best you can do is experiment until you find the right taste for you :)
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Nov 8, 2012, 5:28pm

bebopdeluxe Said:

Hey there...just got my Brazen a couple of days ago - replacing a Capresso MT500 - and I love it!  I used to use the gold filter in the Capresso, but I am now going to use paper filters in the Brazen...while I have done some home roasting (with a Poppery II), most of the time I use some La Colombe Corsica beans - ground with a Virtuoso Preciso...

Tenfirst pot, I kept everyting on the preset settings (208 degrees, 1:20 presoak) with the same grind settings as I used with the Capresso...definitely an improvement, but I wanted a little more full-bodied taste...and I think I screwed up.  I went finer with the grind...and I lost something in the body of the coffee...my guess is that - with the presoak - I may want a coarser grind...is that right?

Can someone out there give a pseudo-noob some sugggestions (other than buying a Behmor roaster...which might be the next step!) as to what tweaks might get me a richer cup of joe?

Posted November 8, 2012 link

What Adam (The_Coffee_Guy ) said:"Best you can do is experiment until you find the right taste for you :)"

I'd go with the super fine included gold filter in the BraZen instead of the paper filters, but that's just my personal preference. The paper filters filter out all of the suspended solids & most of the coffee oils. The gold filter will allow all of the coffee oils (& some of the solids, but nowhere near a French press) to come through for a fuller richer cup of coffee with enhanced taste over paper filtered coffee.

This gold filter has been compared to the fineness of a tea filter, & it's SO good IMO that I just don't use paper filters (& I bought a lot of them!).

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169
http://plus.google.com/u/0/100690035958728038289/posts/p/pub

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
tahoejoe
tahoejoe

Grinder: Solis Maestro
Drip: Behmor Brazen Brew System
Posted Thu Nov 8, 2012, 5:54pm

bebopdeluxe Said:

Thanks!

Posted November 8, 2012 link

Drop your temp to 204 as Adam suggested maybe 205.. it really is the sweet spot.. friends who are expert cuppers told me that in the beginning when they were testing the Brazen and I was at 202.. I've gone to 204 w/ 1:20 pre-soak

REMINDER: Never leave the roaster unattended when in use !!   And remember to use our Rosetta Stone tip PART V PARAGRAPH 3.. it works !!!

www.behmor.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/behmor
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Behmor-Inc/214061212036763#!
bebopdeluxe

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Nov 8, 2012, 6:11pm

I will definitely try 204...and see how that works.

I have always used a gold filter, but - with my purchase at Roastmasters - I got a package of paper filters...and in doing a "gold versus paper filters" search online, I found out about cafestol...which freaked me out a bit.  I am a 52-year-old with really low HDL, so I take meds to lower my LDL as much as possible.  Between the gold filter on the Capresso and the double-shots I crank out on the weekend with my Gaggia Classic, I have come to realize that I am probably getting a LOT of cafestol in my diet.  Because of the Lipitor I take every day, my LDL is really low, but I wonder if the cafestol that I have been taking in is still a problem...or whether the Lipitor that I take everynday is a "get out of jail free" card to keep pouring those doubles and using a gold filter on my Brazen...

I know this is a bit off topic, but any thoughts?
showing page 58 of 113 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Now we know what...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.351325035095)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+