Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Best auto drip brewer on the market?
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Best auto drip...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 8 of 13 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
onthemoors

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Zassenhaus
Drip: Bunn
Roaster: Hottop, Behmor
Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012, 6:44am
Subject: Re: Best auto drip brewer on the market?

Eric for a person who supposedly loves coffee to tell others to disregard methodology, disregard unprofessional methods that are the antithesis of cupping to look only at the results from the rubbish says more about you than the work of Seattle Coffee Gear. You appear to be the only one who can defend the video rubbish and then go about telling others to start a new thread.

I do note with interest how you finally disclose you received favored treatment from the two brewers you are protecting and validates what I've long stated, you like the conclusion no matter how bad the methods employed.
 View Profile Link to this post
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012, 10:42am
Subject: Re: Re: Best auto drip brewer on the market?

onthemoors Said:

I do note with interest how you finally disclose you received favored treatment from the two brewers you are protecting and validates what I've long stated, you like the conclusion no matter how bad the methods employed.

Posted November 18, 2012 link

Come again???

Favored treatment? are you sure about this? Do you realize engineering samples pop up on eBay quite frequently? I like them because it gives me a chance to try items I read about that other parts of the world see that we in the US do not. I also have a 110v Senseo 7860 Quadrante pod brewer that is popular in Europe but not available here. Most of these are orphans - the company usually will not help you (I know, I have asked) and some question how you even ended up with the item in the first place.

Bonavita does not take this approach so my fondness for them is returned. They also make some very nice kettles for pour over - a basic stove top, a simple electric, and the premium PID Electric Kettle. Also they offer a cute smaller 500mL travel kettle - the BonaVoyage - it is very compact yet very fast, and yes I do currently have one of these on hand being tested - life is good in coffeeland! : )

Talking about anything and every thing except for the brewers seems to be your game plan, right?

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
Prof
Prof
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: PV Lusso
Grinder: Pharos 696
Drip: Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor 1600+
Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012, 1:14pm

EricBNC Said:

Come again???

Talking about anything and every thing except for the brewers seems to be your game plan, right?

Game over moorsy...

This kind of (crap) statement needs to be expunged from this board.  It's out of line, in bad taste, and just not fun to read.

I hope the moderators are taking notice.

LMWDP # 010

Espresso: Machine now fixed ;o)
Grinder: None
Vac Pot: None
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012, 3:06pm

Prof Said:

This kind of (crap) statement needs to be expunged from this board.  It's out of line, in bad taste, and just not fun to read.

I hope the moderators are taking notice.

I think if I'd been effectively accused of shilling based on receiving favoured treatment from manufacturers without any evidence, I might have made the same sort of reply.

This forum has unfortunately descended below an acceptable level of debate.

H-B may be a bit more theoretical, but at least it maintains a civilised discussion.  It's not surprising that several well respected and incredibly well informed people have decided not contribute on here any more.  Their real expertise, as opposed to some of the stuff posted on here, is lost to those who would find it very helpful.

Don't care what responses this gets, you aint gonna get any reply from me, so don't even bother.
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012, 4:49pm

__________ Said:

...Don't care what responses this gets, you aint gonna get any reply from me, so don't even bother.

I would respond to you..if we knew who you were...  ;-)  

Seriously, even some screen name would be nice.

But I agree, that in the case of this particular thread, it has been allowed to go too far and there are a number of posts that are below the (IMO) aceptable level of decorum and decency (let alone topical relevancy) of even this fairly-open forum.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
EricBNC
EricBNC

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012, 10:56pm

__________ Said:

I think if I'd been effectively accused of shilling based on receiving favoured treatment from manufacturers without any evidence, I might have made the same sort of reply.

This forum has unfortunately descended below an acceptable level of debate.

H-B may be a bit more theoretical, but at least it maintains a civilised discussion.  It's not surprising that several well respected and incredibly well informed people have decided not contribute on here any more.  Their real expertise, as opposed to some of the stuff posted on here, is lost to those who would find it very helpful.

Don't care what responses this gets, you aint gonna get any reply from me, so don't even bother.

Thanks for adding your usual even tempered response Rob. If you do leave you will be missed here - your knowledge of coffee gear in general was an inspiration for me. It is a shame that forum has landed in this state. Between the constant spammers and some closed minded regulars any real discussion is becoming almost impossible.

I see a couple posts now calling for moderators to swoop in and stop the madness. Yet another attempt to move conversation away from the four coffee makers tested in the Seattle Coffee Gear video. First they discredit the results, then the methodology, then me for posting it. Now they insist it "has gone on long enough" - what has? The constant attacks on the results by a small number of posters - one who devotes a section of a private blog to one machine, another who has almost zero posts unrelated to the same machine, and another who calls himself a "professional" who has as his forum avatar the same machine.

Coincidentally this is the same machine that came in last place in the taste test in the video.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012, 5:38am
Subject: Re: Be very very quiet - we're hunting shills...

EricBNC Said:

Thanks for adding your usual even tempered response Rob. If you do leave you will be missed here - your knowledge of coffee gear in general was an inspiration for me. It is a shame that forum has landed in this state. Between the constant spammers and some closed minded regulars any real discussion is becoming almost impossible.

I see a couple posts now calling for moderators to swoop in and stop the madness. Yet another attempt to move conversation away from the four coffee makers tested in the Seattle Coffee Gear video. First they discredit the results, then the methodology, then me for posting it. Now they insist it "has gone on long enough" - what has? The constant attacks on the results by a small number of posters - one who devotes a section of a private blog to one machine, another who has almost zero posts unrelated to the same machine, and another who calls himself a "professional" who has as his forum avatar the same machine.

Coincidentally this is the same machine that came in last place in the taste test in the video.

Wow, just wow. Go ahead and blame, some of us did try to keep this thread on track but you, the OP, did nothing but send this thread into the pooper by responding to the silly posts. The title changes you did where uncalled for and as a very active member around here I expect more from you as we'll as from other members but alas this is the crap that kills a board. I joined a coffee board back in 2007 not a board to see who can be the most crotchety, it would be nice to put this BS behind us and move onto coffee related topics!
onthemoors

Grinder: Zassenhaus
Drip: Bunn
Roaster: Hottop, Behmor
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012, 6:35am
Subject: Re: Be very very quiet - we're hunting shills...

The primary concern raised and should continue to be raised is Eric hitched his horse to a rail of bad procedure for testing and by continually pointing to a result excusing bad procedure verifies what I believed to be his primary motive. It reminded me of a scene with Lee J Cobb as a juror http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83RoxfwPFg During this process if I stepped over a personal line then I'll extend my hand in an apologetic fashion but not for promoting the idea bad methods lead to bad conclusions made all the worse by those who promote them.
EricBNC
EricBNC

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012, 6:44am

germantownrob Said:

Wow, just wow. Go ahead and blame, some of us did try to keep this thread on track but you, the OP, did nothing but send this thread into the pooper by responding to the silly posts. The title changes you did where uncalled for and as a very active member around here I expect more from you as we'll as from other members but alas this is the crap that kills a board. I joined a coffee board back in 2007 not a board to see who can be the most crotchety, it would be nice to put this BS behind us and move onto coffee related topics!

Posted November 19, 2012 link

Sorry Rob, I didn't know the title changes offended you - I consider you a reasonable voice here and would prefer your input - I will change the headers back.

germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012, 8:35am

EricBNC Said:

Sorry Rob, I didn't know the title changes offended you - I consider you a reasonable voice here and would prefer your input - I will change the headers back.

Posted November 19, 2012 link

If I am the voice of reason then we are all screwed, LOL.
showing page 8 of 13 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Best auto drip...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.378117799759)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+