Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Aerobie Aeropress
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Aerobie...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 269 of 294 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
CheapBastid

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: None
Grinder: Infinity - talking myself...
Vac Pot: None
Drip: Mr Coffee
Roaster: None
Posted Sat Aug 3, 2013, 9:41pm
Subject: Re: Aerobie Aeropress

jpender Said:

Curious that yours self-healed. I've wondered if I could do something to mine to rejuvenate it.

Posted August 1, 2013 link

Full disclosure of my process is that I try to eject the puck quickly, then I remove the plunger.  I rinse the cylinder in hot water, then I put the rubber stopper under running hot water and gently rub my finger across it to get the oils dislodged.  I suppose I am gently re-flattening it as I do so, and this may account for the 'healing' mine experienced.
 View Profile Link to this post
CajunCoffeePress
CajunCoffeePress
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sat Aug 3, 2013, 9:49pm

Paul,

I was able to work a better quote and reduce the shipping to Canada.  I updated the shipping to Canada to only $10.00.  I hope that helps.

Cheers,
CCP
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
paulbel
paulbel
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: aeropress
Grinder: conical burr (cuisinart)
Drip: sometimes
Posted Sun Aug 4, 2013, 7:14am

CajunCoffeePress Said:

Paul,

I was able to work a better quote and reduce the shipping to Canada.  I updated the shipping to Canada to only $10.00.  I hope that helps.

Cheers,
CCP

Posted August 3, 2013 link

That sounds better. But the kickstarter pages don't reflect that. They recognized that I'm out of the US and ask for $20.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Sun Aug 4, 2013, 7:30am

paulbel Said:

As I said above, I was interested enough to contribute, but I didn't see the merit in paying the same shipment to Thailand for Canada.

Posted August 1, 2013 link

I'm interested too Paul, & now that CCP (Dwayne) has offered a better shipping deal for Canada.,  I hope more Canuck members would be interested to contribute too. {;-)

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169
http://plus.google.com/u/0/100690035958728038289/posts/p/pub

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
jpender
jpender

Grinder: OE LIDO
Vac Pot: S/S Moka Pot
Drip: Aeropress
Posted Mon Aug 5, 2013, 9:57am

CheapBastid Said:

Full disclosure of my process is that I try to eject the puck quickly, then I remove the plunger.  I rinse the cylinder in hot water, then I put the rubber stopper under running hot water and gently rub my finger across it to get the oils dislodged.  I suppose I am gently re-flattening it as I do so, and this may account for the 'healing' mine experienced.

Posted August 3, 2013 link

That's exactly what I do every time.

Did the healing of yours coincide with spring or summer?
UGEN

Posted Fri Aug 30, 2013, 2:34pm

Okay I have been using my aeropress for about a year now and I'm starting to try and get more out of my brews. What I have noticed is a lot of the world aeropress champs methods are brewed at a low temperature (75/80c ect) I have always had my bonavita kettle set to 92-93c and brewed from there. What are other people doing?
jpender
jpender

Posted Sun Sep 1, 2013, 8:55am

UGEN Said:

Okay I have been using my aeropress for about a year now and I'm starting to try and get more out of my brews. What I have noticed is a lot of the world aeropress champs methods are brewed at a low temperature (75/80c ect) I have always had my bonavita kettle set to 92-93c and brewed from there. What are other people doing?

Posted August 30, 2013 link

I've been using near-boiling water lately.

I've been doing this because the coffee is so fresh that I pretty much have to pre-infuse. The cooler (~40C) pre-infusion water pulls the strike temperature down below 90C despite using boiling water. When I'm not pre-infusing I usually use 92-94C water. But you'll find that opinions about what works best vary considerably. Experiment. Taste. Decide.
UGEN

Posted Mon Sep 2, 2013, 12:25am

jpender Said:

I've been using near-boiling water lately.

I've been doing this because the coffee is so fresh that I pretty much have to pre-infuse. The cooler (~40C) pre-infusion water pulls the strike temperature down below 90C despite using boiling water. When I'm not pre-infusing I usually use 92-94C water. But you'll find that opinions about what works best vary considerably. Experiment. Taste. Decide.

Posted September 1, 2013 link

I usually pre infuse around 30g of 92c water for 30 seconds or so then add the remaining. Should I be pre infusing with cooler water? What effect would that have?
jpender
jpender

Posted Mon Sep 2, 2013, 11:32am

UGEN Said:

Should I be pre infusing with cooler water? What effect would that have?

Posted September 2, 2013 link

I don't think it matters. If you add 92C water to an equal weight of coffee in a cold Aeropress the pre-infusion brew temperature will be low enough that the extraction going on isn't a big deal, or at least that's what I imagine. The only difference is that the colder the water (and the larger the percentage of pre-infusion to the total) the lower the limit on the final strike temperature.

I use warm water simply because it's convenient. I don't have a kettle to keep water at a constant temperature so I just use hot tap water for the rare times that I feel there's a need to pre-infuse.
WelshDog

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Aeropress
Grinder: OE Lido
Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013, 6:35am

Like Alan I generally make a concentrated press that is used for lattes.  My recipe is: inverted, 14 g coffee ground in a Lido, 80 to 85 g water at 195 F, stir, steep for 30 seconds or more, press at medium speed.  I sometimes steep longer if I want a stronger flavor in the latte.
showing page 269 of 294 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Aerobie...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.405201196671)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+