Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Cloth filter for Hario 02
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Cloth filter for...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
leaveroomformilk

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2012, 9:48pm
Subject: Cloth filter for Hario 02

Greetings... I started using a Hario 02 porcelain pour-over a couple of years ago, and at that time a cloth filter was available.  O loved it!  Sadly, this is no longer the case.  Does anyone know if the Hario Woodneck cloth filter would work on the 02?  Also I understand that Barismo used to sell some kind of "restriction devise" that slowed the water flow of a Hario pot but now I couldn't find it on their website.  There seems to be a plot afoot to limit my options!  ;>)  Anyone have any wisdom?  Google usually knows everything but has failed me this evening... Thanks for help.
 View Profile Link to this post
BoldJava
BoldJava

Espresso: '82 Oly Cremina 67
Grinder: Macap MC4 Doserless Stepped
Vac Pot: Yamas
Drip: Hario, Beehouse, Cilio, Kone...
Roaster: RK Drum and Gene
Posted Tue Jan 1, 2013, 4:25am
Subject: Re: Cloth filter for Hario 02

Cloth filters available from Wms Sonoma, Amazon, etc:  http://goo.gl/98vs9

RE:  Flow restricter.  I had the Barismo item in my Hario kettle.  I wouldn't buy it again.  Too slow.  I learned to adapt my pour before I moved on to a Paico kettle with a better tip.  Other Hario kettle owners often resort to a balled alum foil approach in the tip to slow the pour.

Paico kettle pic and vendor info.

"On the trail for the goats' grail..."

Dave Borton
St Paul, MN
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
leaveroomformilk

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2013, 7:44am

Thanks for the info about the flow restricter... That helps.  I probably wasn't very clear about the cloth filter.  The Hario 02 is different from the woodneck and Hario made  cloth filters that fit it perfectly but appear to have been discontinued.  I was wondering if the cloth filters, the ones you linked to that are made for the woodneck could work in the O2 without much problem... Thanks
BoldJava
BoldJava

Espresso: '82 Oly Cremina 67
Grinder: Macap MC4 Doserless Stepped
Vac Pot: Yamas
Drip: Hario, Beehouse, Cilio, Kone...
Roaster: RK Drum and Gene
Posted Tue Jan 1, 2013, 8:13am

leaveroomformilk Said:

... I was wondering if the cloth filters, the ones you linked to that are made for the woodneck could work in the O2 without much problem... Thanks

Posted January 1, 2013 link

Don't know; not a cloth filter man due to the residuals and trying to deal with dirty filters.  Off tastes will come from those built out residual oils.  I use a Kone with my pourovers from Able Brewing and won't go back to Melitta whites.

RE:  Cloth availability - Nathan from GCBC offers an organic cotton sock.  Give his a look here  He indicates it fits the Hario.  Good luck!

"On the trail for the goats' grail..."

Dave Borton
St Paul, MN
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Lee_M
Lee_M
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Baratza Encore
Drip: V60
Roaster: Popper
Posted Tue Jan 1, 2013, 5:56pm

There's also this one, which I used for awhile, but was ultimate too lazy to keep up with: Click Here (prima-coffee.com)
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Cloth filter for...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.24619102478)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+