Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 36 of 47 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
mwright

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sun Dec 15, 2013, 12:28pm
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread

Thanks
 View Profile Link to this post
sweaner
sweaner
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Wed Dec 18, 2013, 7:25pm

I have used a small amount of lube on the large seal.

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
martinclukey

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Dec 19, 2013, 3:37am

Recently accepted a Trifecta Mb and a Baratza Vario-W. I might adore musings, suggestions, slants, encounters and your main event to make a stunning measure of espresso with it. Beans, strategies, superstitions, whatever.......thanks

Click Here (www.showerfilterstore.com)

Click Here (www.showerfilterstore.com)
nachoslibres

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Baratza Vario-W
Drip: Bunn trifecta MB
Posted Sun Dec 22, 2013, 8:28am

Another maintenance related question.  I'm doing my regular 3 month descaling/cleaning and decided this time since the machine has had a year of regular use to go ahead and clean the check valves in the brew chambers.  I can get the bottom one out but I can't get the check valve for the air out - and I can see that there is coffee sediment/staining build up on the valve itself.  Is there anyway to take this out without having to take the screws out of the bottom portion of the brew chamber (and is this even recommended)?

I will say I now have the screens in my brew chambers looking like brand new, I just wish there was something I could do to clean off the staining of the bottom check valve (the one I can remove).  But I'm guessing since coffee is continuously flowing over it it will be stained.
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Sun Dec 22, 2013, 7:04pm

I talked with Amanda about that a while back. Unfortunately, the air check valve can't be removed. I take my bottom valves out every month to clean them and they are still stained, clean, but still stained. Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
nachoslibres

Grinder: Baratza Vario-W
Drip: Bunn trifecta MB
Posted Sun Dec 22, 2013, 8:39pm

redkiosk Said:

I talked with Amanda about that a while back. Unfortunately, the air check valve can't be removed. I take my bottom valves out every month to clean them and they are still stained, clean, but still stained. Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

Posted December 22, 2013 link

Yes Jim, it does help, thanks.  I also tried taking the check valve out of the water reservoir - which I thought would be pretty easy - but couldn't figure that one out either.  Oh well, I think the descaling that I did took care of the slightly stale water smell that kept creeping up in the water reservoir - even though I use my brewer at least twice a day.
redkiosk
redkiosk

Posted Mon Dec 23, 2013, 1:07pm

nachoslibres Said:

I also tried taking the check valve out of the water reservoir - which I thought would be pretty easy - but couldn't figure that one out either. .

Yeah, I asked about that one too, but there's no pulling the water reservoir valve out either. Same with my brewer, it gets used at least twice a day, but more often it's 3-4 times. Just like eating an apple a day, a good Trifecta maintenance schedule keeps the Bunn doctor away!

Take care!

Jim

jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Tue Dec 24, 2013, 8:44pm

nachoslibres Said:

...take the screws out of the bottom portion of the brew chamber (and is this even recommended)?

I've unscrewed that bottom portion before. Was curious to see if I could use it with an Aeropress to eliminate the need for inversion (doesn't work). Anyway, the part went back on the brew chamber without issue.

Back to check valves, just tonight I had to replace one underneath my most well-used brew chamber, which had suddenly become leaky. Easy peasy.
richberman
richberman

Espresso: krups
Grinder: DeLonghi
Drip: krups moca
Roaster: i-roast
Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013, 10:22am
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owner's Thread

We just opened our  third wave coffee shop outside Philadelphia (Devon).  We have a commercial Trifecta machine which we use to brew any of our 12 single origin coffees, all roasted in our in-house roaster 3 times/week.  It's called Pour Richard's Coffee Company, www.PourRichardsCoffee.com.  We are open M-F 7am-3pm Sat/Sun:9am-4pm., 36 Berkley Rd, Devon, PA, 1 block across from the Whole Foods Market.  484-857-9406.  
Our Trifecta is currently being repaired and should be working again shortly after New Years Day.  We'd love to have you visit our shop!
Rich
redkiosk
redkiosk

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013, 5:58pm

jbviau Said:

Back to check valves, just tonight I had to replace one underneath my most well-used brew chamber, which had suddenly become leaky. Easy peasy.

Posted December 24, 2013 link

Sometimes, it's not a worn valve, but one that has been slightly unseated. I had a leaky brew chamber valve once and after taking off the filter, noticed that the check valve seemed slightly raised. Pushed it back down firmly and… no leak! I usually tap the bottom side of brew chamber a few times on the base of my hand to loosen the spent grounds before dumping them in the garbage. Maybe this constant whacking it against my hand eventually loosened the check valve. Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

showing page 36 of 47 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.32904791832)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+