Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 31 of 46 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
mwright

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013, 6:46am
Subject: Re: Bunn Trifecta MB Owners' Thread

Figured out the reason the latch did not wake it up.  I did not have a brew chamber in it.  If the brew chamber is in the machine then moving the latch will wake it up.
 View Profile Link to this post
sweaner
sweaner
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013, 6:34pm

To get mine to awaken, I put the chamber on and slightly lower, then raise, the latch. Pushing the button also works.

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
mwright

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013, 6:22am

How long should it run after the main press out is done? It seems like the press out continues for awhile.  During this time a little more coffee is pressed out in spurts.  I am sure it is probably normal but I was just curious.  How much sediment do people get in there cup?  I usually just swirl the cup while I am drinking, but if I don't there is a fair amount of sediment.  Thanks for the help.  I love the coffee this machine makes.
sweaner
sweaner

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013, 8:57am

It does run for a good number of seconds after press-out, so yours is likely completely normal.

Some sediment, less-than French Press for sure.

-Scott
Thomas Jefferson
jbviau
jbviau
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013, 10:06am

Yup, and I've found sediment is bean- and grind-dependent, too. Sometimes there's virtually nothing at the bottom of the mug.

**Trouble alert**: the blue light around my brew button went out! The machine still works normally otherwise; maybe some people would consider this a blessing in disguise, but my wife loved the blue glow. Amanda's calling the MB home to IL for a general check-up since this apparently hasn't happened before.
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013, 1:14pm

jbviau Said:

Amanda's calling the MB home to IL for a general check-up since this apparently hasn't happened before.

Posted August 12, 2013 link

Every time my MB has had to visit the Bunn Mothership, it was short and painless. LED lights should have a very long life, so something might have wiggled loose. Now you can pay a little attention to your other brewing devices, I'm sure they miss you!  Take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
scarrz

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Aug 17, 2013, 2:44pm

I am a current technivorm owner, older model who has served me proudly for over 7 years. Thinking of making a new purchase for the Trifecta MB.  Haven't found many newer reviews (ie 2013). Would the folks who have purchased recently chime in if they are still content and feel it was money well spent ?  Especially since the $50 rise in price. I would be pairing it with a baratza encore. Anyone think this grinder would not work or should I upgrade?  I didn't really see the benefit for the extra money for the virtuoso or precisio. Thanks in advance.
jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Sat Aug 17, 2013, 8:39pm

Thanks, Jim. I've been using the Clever dripper a lot. Sean, I'll let some of the newer MB owner's club members chime in since I'm now apparently an old-timer. ;)
scarrz

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Aug 18, 2013, 8:11am

Haha. I think it's great that your still brewing with the trifecta. I'm just wondering if anybody has come from a technivorm to the trifecta and what were there thoughts. I know I'll have to get used to the 12oz max but it seems to brew quickly so not that much wait time for a great cup.

Also ABT has a $25/off $200 coupon making the trifecta $525 if anybody is on the fence. I think it does expire today 8/18 though. Code. TYM08R17P
sweaner
sweaner

Posted Sun Aug 18, 2013, 4:16pm

I still love the Tri, but I never had a high quality drip machine to compare.

Where are you located? Maybe someone with the machine is close to you.

-Scott
Thomas Jefferson
showing page 31 of 46 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Bunn Trifecta MB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.265645027161)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+