Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Looking for help with my Baratza Preciso
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Looking for help...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
frankspin

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Thu May 16, 2013, 5:25am
Subject: Looking for help with my Baratza Preciso

I mainly use my Preciso for drip but sometimes i need to adjust the grind for a french press. When I went to do that today I noticed the hopper completely spun from 32 to 0 on the first start of grinding, I moved it back and it did it again. I noticed that if I held the hopper in place the ring burr holder would just spin. When I went to disable to make sure nothing was stuck I had a hard time getting ring burr back out because it had spun on its own. I noticed this happened because when I put it back on the tabs were not lined up how they were when they were off. When I finally got off, I made sure nothing was stuck and pushed it back into place. It looks to be working again but I'd like to not have this keep happening.

Does anyone have suggestions on what could be happening here? I don't keep the hopper full because I don't want to adjust settings with a full hopper, so I'm fairly confident no beans were in there. I thought about also ordering a new ring burr or contacting Baratza about this because it is a refurbished model. The only possible thing I can think of is last time I cleaned it I didn't seat the ring burr enough but I didn't see any issues because of the grind type.
 View Profile Link to this post
Intrepid510

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu May 16, 2013, 11:49am
Subject: Re: Looking for help with my Baratza Preciso

If it's working properly now, you most likely didn't put it back together right.

You can take the hopper off and push down on the burr carrier to ensure nothing is broken, but other than that if it's working why try and fix it?

Less water, more grounds.
frankspin

Posted Thu May 16, 2013, 11:57am

Intrepid510 Said:

If it's working properly now, you most likely didn't put it back together right.

You can take the hopper off and push down on the burr carrier to ensure nothing is broken, but other than that if it's working why try and fix it?

Posted May 16, 2013 link

I guess my concern at this point was just what it could have been but if it's that simple I'll just make sure I check that before adjusting grind settings.
CoffeeRon
CoffeeRon
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Thu May 16, 2013, 6:54pm

I would contact Baratza about it to see what they have to say. If a part is going out then at least you'll have a heads up- you didn't say how long ago you bought it but if the burr holder is breaking they don't cost much, may be worth getting a new one coming. Or maybe just look at the picture of the burr holder in the parts section of their website and compare to yours, might help you to tell if yours is broken or breaking. Did you put it back together with the red tab forwards?
frankspin

Posted Thu May 16, 2013, 6:58pm

I bought this less than a year ago, I think it just wasn't seated properly. I may just order the extra burr to have just incase since they are so inexpensive (compared to the cost of a busted grinder).
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Looking for help...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.228845834732)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+