Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Need Your Input: Brew Tool for Aeropress
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Need Your Input:...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
aeropressaerobie

Expertise: I love coffee

Drip: Aeropress
Posted Fri May 31, 2013, 11:13am
Subject: Need Your Input: Brew Tool for Aeropress

Hey Aeropress lovers! I have been working on a project for those of us who love trying different recipes with our Aeropresses. I call this project the Aeropress Brew Helper.

The link to the brew helper is here: http://www.aeropressaerobie.com/aeropress-brew-helper/

What is it?
The Brew Helper includes a listing of Aeropress recipes with a handy brew timer. The Brew Helper is designed to be responsive, meaning it can be used on your computer, tablet, or phone and will  display nicely. This means you can use the recipes in the kitchen on your iPhone or iPad.

What I need from fellow Aeropress lovers:
I need feedback and recipes!
Since creating the application I have used it each morning and think it is a nice tool to use. I want to see how you, the Aeropress fanatics find it. If you like it - I would love it if you would submit a recipe! You can submit the recipe below. See the template below and be sure to include timings so we can make a nice timer for each recipe.

Recipe Title
Brewing Method (Upright, inverted, type of filter...)
Coffee (Grind, measure any needed info...)
Water (temp, pour style, pour time...)
Stir (time...)
Steep (time...)
Plunge (time, quickness, pressure...)

I know Aeropress brews that use unique techniques make a difference in taste, be sure to include all the needed info!

If I end up with a large amount of recipes I will have to have a vote to see which ones make the helper.

-Tom

http://www.wecravecoffee.com/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
russ5679

Roaster: IRoast
Posted Sun Jun 2, 2013, 1:58pm
Subject: Re: Need Your Input: Brew Tool for Aeropress

I always love trying other people's aeropress recipes, so I'll add mine.  I use my aeropress to make a small cup of great coffee.  I don't like concentrate brewing, which the aeropress was designed for, so my drink is small and regular strength.  No adding water when done.

Small Cup of Coffee
Brewing Method:  Inverted, regular aeropress paper filter
Coffee:  13 grams, little finer than auto-drip grind
Water: 200 grams (about 7oz), temp around 190F
Stir:  I pour all the water, quick stir to make sure all grounds are wet, then put cap on.
Steep:  2:00 minute steep time
Plunge:  Put it on the cup and do a quick plunge.

For me, this a great non-concentrate small cup of coffee for the afternoon.  I wish there was a bigger aeropress so I could get a bigger cup of non-concentrate coffee, but until that happens I'll keep enjoying this.
 View Profile Link to this post
aeropressaerobie

Drip: Aeropress
Posted Sun Jun 2, 2013, 11:53pm
Subject: Re: Need Your Input: Brew Tool for Aeropress

Thanks for the recipe russ! I really like the non-concentrate approach. I added this to the helper. Let me know if I can modify the recipe to better represent your brew.

Non-Concentrate Small Coffee - Aeropress Helper

http://www.wecravecoffee.com/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Need Your Input:...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.236584186554)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+