Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
New Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer for an early Father's Day Present!
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > New Commercial...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
gamehawker
gamehawker
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Macap M4 Stepless/Doserless
Drip: Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer
Roaster: 2 Fresh Roast Plus8 setup
Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013, 4:10am
Subject: Re: New Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer for an early Father's Day Present!

redkiosk Said:

IMHO, I'd pull off all the warning stickers, I would look a lot cleaner, but then again (1) I'm a designer and (2) I hate stickers of any kind. They were off of my Bunn Trifecta MB before it even reached the counter top. Heat with hair dryer first and then a little Goo-Gone to get the remaining adhesive residue off. Take care!

Jim

Posted June 12, 2013 link

I am going to pull off all the warning stickers but have not had time to do that yet.  I agree it looks a lot cleaner.  

I'll probably get around to doing that in the next few days.
 View Profile Link to this post
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013, 7:23am
Subject: Re: New Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer for an early Father's Day Present!

gamehawker Said:

I am going to pull off all the warning stickers but have not had time to do that yet.  I agree it looks a lot cleaner.  

I'll probably get around to doing that in the next few days.

Done!

gamehawker: Bunn8mm.jpg
(Click for larger image)
redkiosk
redkiosk

Espresso: Illy Francis-Francis X1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso w/ Esatto...
Vac Pot: Someday, very intriguing!
Drip: Trifecta MB, Kalita Wave...
Roaster: A sure path to divorce!
Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013, 8:01am

gamehawker Said:

Done!

Soooooo much better, that looks REAL nice! Take care!

Jim

The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013, 8:04am

redkiosk Said:

Soooooo much better, that looks REAL nice! Take care!

Jim

I totally agree!!!!
woodscomp

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013, 4:00pm

Congratulations on the commercial Bunn, they just can not be beaten. The best part is that ALL the parts of a commercial Bunn are replaceable.
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013, 5:35pm

nennafir Said:

Picture 2 posts above mine looks good.  I wouldn't get another basket.

So after a few days which of the heads (restricted or not, etc.) do you prefer?

Congrats on your great father's day gift!

Posted June 11, 2013 link

My wife and I absolutely prefer the new Newco SS 5 hole restricted spray-head.  The coffee is very flavorful, has tremendous richness and plenty of strength.  We are really enjoying the coffee every morning since the change to the Newco SS 5 hole restricted spray-head and the SS filter basket.  It also has no slight plastic taste to the coffee (as with the plastic funnel).  

The brew time for 50 ounces (that is what volume we brew on the weekdays) is about 4 1/2 minutes.  I'm keeping the grind of the beans the same as I had it for the original the Bunn SS 6 hole spray-head that came with the brewer (last weekend when doing the comparison test with the Bunn BT10 I had to slightly tweak and do a finer grind from my Macap M4 Stepless/Doserless grinder than grind I had with the Bunn BT10).  

The coffee grounds after brewing is about 1/4" below the top of the filter.  I've run my finger through the grounds after the brewing is complete, and haven't found any variation in moisture and there is only a very slight starfish pattern within the grounds that reflect where the main water flow is going. So I'm assuming the filter is filling up and creating turbulence when the water is coming out of the spray-head.

We really prefer this Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer (now with the changes and tweaks) to our old reliable Bunn BT10.  We also feel like we are at a coffee shop when filling up our cups because of the incredible professional look of this Commercial Bunn Coffee Brewer

And another great thing with this brewer is the capacity to brew 64 oz. if we want to.  My wife and I like to throw down a lot of coffee during the weekend when we have more time to enjoy it and now we'll have plenty of coffee with this awesome coffee brewer.
VKirby

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013, 6:05am

redkiosk Said:

IMHO, I'd pull off all the warning stickers, I would look a lot cleaner, but then again (1) I'm a designer and (2) I hate stickers of any kind. They were off of my Bunn Trifecta MB before it even reached the counter top. Heat with hair dryer first and then a little Goo-Gone to get the remaining adhesive residue off. Take care!

Jim

Whoa you're a designer?! No WONDER you don't like stickers!

(what's your excuse gamehawker?)
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 9:29am

I brewed for the first time this morning 64 oz.   It did not disappoint and there was plenty to throw down.

I absolutely love this Commercial Bunn CW15-TC Coffee Brewer!!!
RussK
RussK

Espresso: Alex II
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Type B
Drip: Bunn DV TC / Chemex / Hario...
Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 10:22am

Gamehawker, would you mind sharing the model number for the SS filter basket?

I am liking the thought of getting rid of the plastic one on my coffee maker.

Your setup looks great, keep us posted on any new developments.
gamehawker
gamehawker

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013, 12:03pm

RussK Said:

Gamehawker, would you mind sharing the model number for the SS filter basket?

I am liking the thought of getting rid of the plastic one on my coffee maker.

Your setup looks great, keep us posted on any new developments.

Posted June 15, 2013 link

This is the link to the model number for the SS filter basket that I bought:

http://bunn-store.stores.yahoo.net/ststcofu12cu.html

I would highly recommend the SS filter basket.
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > New Commercial...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.387535095215)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+