Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Grindmaster 825 question? Manual?
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Grindmaster 825...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
gucciago
gucciago
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: 07 La Marzocco Linea...
Grinder: MAZZER Major with doser
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: N/A
Roaster: Custom Gas Drum Roaster/PID...
Posted Thu Jul 4, 2013, 12:02pm
Subject: Grindmaster 825 question? Manual?

Hey All, just picked up a used Grindmaster 825B (black) and it is working nice except... it makes a terrible rumbling noise as though its rubbing on something and like a shuddering.. if I push up at a 45deg angle slightly on the knob in front it becomes whisper quiet... It didn't come with a manual and is a little different in the front to the 835 being it just has one adjustment screw in front which I cannot turn but I haven't tried it while its running as one of the other manuals stated for the other 800 series... but since this one has one screw in front instead of 3 Im not sure if it is different mechanism.... the grind though that came out was very consistent... Im disassembling this and cleaning and maybe even throw on some new paint since it was used for FLAVORED COFFEE! UUGGG!! lol ...When I have it super clean,  its just going to be used for cupping and grinding for iced coffee for some of my clients... anyway... any info would be great! :D

gucciago: IMG_7015_2.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Thu Jul 4, 2013, 2:15pm
Subject: Re: Grindmaster 825 question? Manual?

try this and this as well as my review of my Grindmaster 500 here.

Open it up. They are quite simple inside and very easy to work on. if you need parts, contact Grindmaster. I have a model 500 and they still have the burrsets for those.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
gucciago
gucciago

Posted Thu Jul 4, 2013, 2:32pm

Thanks for those but I already have the manual for those... my issue is that the 825 face screw is different... it doesn't have 3 screws on front just one... I can tell its ultra simple design and I already took off the top hopper and looked inside and wow does it have a big motor ! its larger than my Mazzer major motor! lol anyway... Im just not sure how to get inside the front.. do i need remove the center adjustment screw or is that just part of the knob housing maybe with front burs? I removed the big screws on larger disk but could not pull front off but since I wasn't sure IF that was correct, I didnt pull too hard... maybe Ill try pulling a little more lol
gucciago
gucciago

Posted Thu Jul 4, 2013, 2:38pm

gucciago Said:

Thanks for those but I already have the manual for those... my issue is that the 825 face screw is different... it doesn't have 3 screws on front just one... I can tell its ultra simple design and I already took off the top hopper and looked inside and wow does it have a big motor ! its larger than my Mazzer major motor! lol anyway... Im just not sure how to get inside the front.. do i need remove the center adjustment screw or is that just part of the knob housing maybe with front burs? I removed the big screws on larger disk but could not pull front off but since I wasn't sure IF that was correct, I didnt pull too hard... maybe Ill try pulling a little more lol

Posted July 4, 2013 link

hahah I love that 500! WOW! Im reading your site now! lol what a monster! lol I bet one of those would look nice next to my 3 group Linea on my kitchen counter! haha
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Thu Jul 4, 2013, 4:29pm

For the 825, just start taking screws off and document where they came from (video, stills, or separate plastic bags). Grindmasters are all pretty simple and made to be worked on, so little worry about disassembly. If the top case is all one piece (no removable back panel or such), then the screws might be on the bottom and the entire cabinet may lift off.

The 500 is what I use to grind full Hottop batches for friends who do not have grinders. It's a real workhorse, and will come in very handy when (if?) the new Hottop 1kg roaster arrives!

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
gucciago
gucciago

Posted Thu Jul 4, 2013, 4:45pm

nice on the hottop! they are pricey but nice to roast inside kitchen.... I built a PIDd fluid bed roaster from a poppery I and it will do 1LB max.. but its great for sample roasting little batches when experimenting...

on the Grinder, I looked inside and your right... not much in there... was nice for a change... lol the only thing that perplexed me was why it didnt have the 3 screws on the dial and if they were necessary to get the dial off.... what I think is that its just gummed up a little so I will work a little on it tonight when I get home.. after a delicious latte :D well maybe during while watching fireworks out my window! lol

gucciago: IMG_0500.jpg
(Click for larger image)
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Grindmaster 825...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.322474956512)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+