Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Brazen Carafe- dribble/ Upper portion-spout replacement kit
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Brazen Carafe-...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
tahoejoe
tahoejoe
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Solis Maestro
Drip: Behmor Brazen Brew System
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Oct 2, 2013, 9:55am
Subject: Brazen Carafe- dribble/ Upper portion-spout replacement kit

Earlier this year, we were made aware of an issue concerning a relatively small percentage of carafes that dribbled. When the issue was brought to our attention, we brought it to the attention of the factory, which was surprised. Mr Coffee had used that carafe in over 200,000 units without any reports of this dribbling effect.

I want to personally apologize to every Behmor Brazen customer affected by this.

Despite the low overall percentage of carafes involved, we felt the best solution was to do a complete spout/upper portion redesign. The full vetting/testing is completed, and all involved are more than satisfied with the results. We hope you will be, too.

Starting Monday- September 20th, we will have a kit available for anyone interested (instruction sent via email) in swapping the old upper portion of the carafe with the new one. The swap requires two screwdrivers (small flat head and a Phillips) and about 5 minutes’ time.

Video of the procedure can be found at You Tube by doing a keyword search- Behmor Carafe Upper Portion or directly at:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Ma7kRehd0

If you have a carafe that has issues with dribbling, please send an email to: support@behmor.com  

Please provide the following data:

Subject line: Carafe Kit  
Body: Name, address, serial number and where purchased.  No P.O. Boxes, please.

I’d also like to thank all those who have assisted and displayed a great deal of patience while Behmor found a solution.

We’ll also be doing a swap on existing inventory, so all new units will ship with the corrected carafe and kits provided to distributors for distribution if needed.

Again, my personal and sincerest apologies for the issue and any inconvenience it has caused.

Best regards,

Joe Behm

REMINDER: Never leave the roaster unattended when in use !!   And remember to use our Rosetta Stone tip PART V PARAGRAPH 3.. it works !!!

www.behmor.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/behmor
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Behmor-Inc/214061212036763#!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Wed Oct 2, 2013, 11:28am
Subject: Re: Brazen Carafe- dribble/ Upper portion-spout replacement kit

I received an early replacement carafe with the new spout and found the new design a pleasure to use. No more dribbles! And once again, Joe and Behmor provides world-class customer service.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
LIY

Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 4:14am

I have installed the kit (about 5 minutes worth of work).  The dribble is gone!  Thank you, Joe!  Thank you, Lord!

LIY
 View Profile Link to this post
tahoejoe
tahoejoe

Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 1:33pm

LIY Said:

I have installed the kit (about 5 minutes worth of work).  The dribble is gone!  Thank you, Joe!  Thank you, Lord!

LIY

Posted October 4, 2013 link

Thanks for taking the time to write this, it's indeed appreciated and genuinely so.

Thank you
Joe

REMINDER: Never leave the roaster unattended when in use !!   And remember to use our Rosetta Stone tip PART V PARAGRAPH 3.. it works !!!

www.behmor.com

cafedj

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bialetti, Aeropress
Grinder: Rocky doserless
Vac Pot: Bodum
Drip: Behmor Brazen
Roaster: Counter Culture
Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013, 8:08am

Ditto here.  Replacement parts promptly received, simple installation done, and it now pours dribble free.

Thanks very much for taking this seriously, putting in the effort to solve it, and freely providing the parts.  Much appreciated.
tahoejoe
tahoejoe

Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013, 7:16am

cafe.. anytime I hear of anything occurring such as this, with the brewer or roaster for that matter my ears perk up. If we/I hear of two instances my eyes widen and I'm asking engineers questions for possible reasons/ causes. We do tear downs on everything and search for units that repeat issues so we can test..

We take this and all issues very seriously.. Service and quality first.

Thanks again to all for their patience..

www.behmor.com

PandaMatic

Grinder: Hario MSS-1B Mini, Baratza...
Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013, 8:39pm

Joe,

This is a little bit off topic, but in some other threads a few months ago there was speculation that you are developing the Brazen version 2. Can you substantiate these rumors? If so, any estimate on when the new and improved model would come to market?

I love my original Brazen, but would definitely be first in line to upgrade if/as soon as one is available. :-D

Thanks!
RandomTask

Grinder: Barratza Encore
Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 12:48pm

I just wanted to post that I received a replacement spout for my Brazen. It took a little over a week and a half from when I contacted support. Taking into account that I live in Canada vs the US, it was probably shipped within a day of my request.

I also wanted to comment that it was as easy to replace as the instructional video showed, taking me almost the same amount of time to do (less than 5 minutes). It's honestly surprising when something is actually as easy as they say it is.

Well done.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Brazen Carafe-...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.268728971481)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+