Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Help - Behmor 1600 shuts off in middle of roast cycle
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Help - Behmor...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
introspeck

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 7:20am
Subject: Help - Behmor 1600 shuts off in middle of roast cycle

My 1600 has been working fine for a couple of years now.  I did have to fix it once before when the coupler between the motor and the drum got loose, but Behmor customer service went above and beyond the call of duty, responding during the weekend and sending me repair parts first thing Monday morning.

So I was roasting yesterday, in the room with the roaster but not really thinking about it, when suddenly I noticed silence.  Strange, I thought, the roast can't be done yet, it's only about 10 minutes into a one pound roast.  I look over at the roaster and it's dark.  No display, no codes, drum not rotating, no fans.  It had just shut down completely.  It was still very hot though, so I rushed over and pressed the COOL button.  And lo, it came back to life, and ran the full cooling cycle.  The coffee was still yellowish-brown, not close to done.

So I unplugged it and let it sit for a while.  Since I had to finish the roast, I came back and started another roast cycle, watching it like a hawk.  (partly because I would have to end the cycle early since first crack would come sooner.)  Of course it ran perfectly this time.

I needed another pound today, so I loaded it up and started it.   Same thing happened. :-(   It went dead during the roast part of the cycle.  Yet the COOL button revived it.

Help Behmor folks, I have enough coffee for this week but I need this to work!
 View Profile Link to this post
JKalpin
JKalpin

Espresso: Aerobie Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Vac Pot: Yama 5-Cup
Drip: Krups Moka Brew, BraZen
Roaster: Freshroast+8, Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 7:25am
Subject: Re: Help - Behmor 1600 shuts off in middle of roast cycle

While you might (or might not) read of similar experiences in this news forum, you will get a better and faster response by sending a note off to Behmor Service.

Jerry
Burner0000

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia, VFA Expres...
Grinder: Macap MX/VFA N1464/Kyocera...
Drip: Manual Drip, French Press
Roaster: Behmor 1600 / Sonofresco
Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 7:42am

Had this exact same problem.. This is due to a fried control board. Contact Behmor and they will send you a replacement. It's only $30 incl shipping and very easy to replace. Installation is just removing a few screws and 2 plugs.
 View Profile Visit website Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
introspeck

Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 7:48am

That's a good idea.

OK, I just tried using their site's email, entered everything, but when I pressed the submit button it responded with a page which was blank except for the words 'Token incorrect."   I think there may be some issue with their site.  I hope they're monitoring this forum...
introspeck

Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 7:51am

Burner0000 Said:

Had this exact same problem.. This is due to a fried control board. Contact Behmor and they will send you a replacement. It's only $30 incl shipping and very easy to replace. Installation is just removing a few screws and 2 plugs.

Posted November 4, 2013 link

Ah, that's what I was afraid of, but mostly because of what I expected the replacement to cost.  $30 is quite reasonable.  Thanks.
Burner0000

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia, VFA Expres...
Grinder: Macap MX/VFA N1464/Kyocera...
Drip: Manual Drip, French Press
Roaster: Behmor 1600 / Sonofresco
Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 7:52am

Try emailing Behmor directly.

tech@Behmor.com
 View Profile Visit website Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
tahoejoe
tahoejoe
Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Solis Maestro
Drip: Behmor Brazen Brew System
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Nov 4, 2013, 8:11pm

Intro.. immediately after your email stating the site's forms had issues, I personally checked / tested every form, link etc.. all worked and are working fine..

Joe Behm

ps.. while I know everyone here will do their best to assist in the future you will be better served to come first to us especially in this case. Had you Bob was in Sunday working and we could have solved it Sunday and gotten the board out quicker

REMINDER: Never leave the roaster unattended when in use !!   And remember to use our Rosetta Stone tip PART V PARAGRAPH 3.. it works !!!

www.behmor.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/behmor
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Behmor-Inc/214061212036763#!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Help - Behmor...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.251571178436)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+