Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Mypressi discharge all the gas when cartridge is loaded.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Mypressi...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
d3r3k

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Nov 15, 2013, 11:54pm
Subject: Mypressi discharge all the gas when cartridge is loaded.

Hi

My unit (almost coming to a year old) recently just discharged all the gas whenever a cartridge is loaded (after screwing back the cap).

Any Mypressi users experienced this? Any advice on how to fix it?

Have raised the issue with Mypressi support but have not hear from them.

It's my only espresso equipment...starting to have withdrawal symptoms.

Derek
 View Profile Link to this post
MWJB

Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Rocky, Lido, Porlex, Hario...
Drip: Not enough room to list...
Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013, 7:26am
Subject: Re: Mypressi discharge all the gas when cartridge is loaded.

If it's doing this before you get to the brewing stage & using the trigger, it suggests to me that there is possibly a tolerance issue between cap & charger? Is the cap still loose when tightened fully? Have you changed the brand of charger recently, they're not all the same size.
d3r3k

Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013, 7:43am

No, the cap is tight when tightened fully.
It's from the same box. Have been using isi all this while.

Is this the so called stick trigger issue?
Not easily fix by user?
Buckley

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013, 7:45am

Dear Derek,

I have been using Mypressi as my sole espresso machine for two years now, so I understand your situation.  Are you still on line?
Buckley

Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013, 7:47am

Perhaps you can use my email.  I may not be able to be on line too much longer today.
So, as I understand it, you are using the white ISI cartridges and this just started happening with the same batch of cartridges - you have not recently changed cartridges, is that correct?  Does this happen before or after you pull the trigger?

B
d3r3k

Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013, 5:10pm

Hi Buckley

I have been using ISI cream chargers, slight pinkish in color. I was half way into the box (have since finished) when this happened.
No I did not change the brand of chargers.
It happened immediately after I have screw back on the cap fully (trigger was not even pull). The cartridge just get emptied in one go. The gas is coming out from around the trigger.
Buckley

Posted Sun Nov 17, 2013, 7:40am

Dear Derek,

Most, if not all charges are 1 mm shorter than the stock Mypressi chargers.  Do the following: buy a roll of double-sided sticky tape.  Not the thin film tape in the dispenser, but the thick, foam-core tape with adhesive on both sides.  The brand is not important but 3m seems to be the most ubiquitous.  Cut a square of tape off the end of the roll and leave the plastic cover on the one side so only one side is sticky.  Press to stick this onto the base of your next new cartridge, insert as usual and screw the cap on.  I suspect that this will solve your problems.  I used to do it this way from the get go (with my first box of ISI).  If this works for you (and I suspect that it will) then just stick one into the apex of the cap (plastic film facing out) and you won't have to paste one on every cartridge that you use.  One layer is enough.  I have never had to use two layers, or heard of anyone having to use two, either.

sorry for the delay.  I have a life.  :)  Good Luck and let us know here on CG if this works for you.

Buckley
z0mbie
z0mbie
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sun Nov 17, 2013, 12:57pm

Buckley Said:

Dear Derek,

Most, if not all charges are 1 mm shorter than the stock Mypressi chargers.  Do the following: buy a roll of double-sided sticky tape.  Not the thin film tape in the dispenser, but the thick, foam-core tape with adhesive on both sides.  The brand is not important but 3m seems to be the most ubiquitous.  Cut a square of tape off the end of the roll and leave the plastic cover on the one side so only one side is sticky.  Press to stick this onto the base of your next new cartridge, insert as usual and screw the cap on.  I suspect that this will solve your problems.  I used to do it this way from the get go (with my first box of ISI).  If this works for you (and I suspect that it will) then just stick one into the apex of the cap (plastic film facing out) and you won't have to paste one on every cartridge that you use.  One layer is enough.  I have never had to use two layers, or heard of anyone having to use two, either.

sorry for the delay.  I have a life.  :)  Good Luck and let us know here on CG if this works for you.

Buckley

Posted November 17, 2013 link

That's a great suggestion.
I've had a few occasions where there would be leaking with certain cartridges.
d3r3k

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013, 6:53am

Buckley Said:

Dear Derek,

Buckley

Posted November 17, 2013 link

Sorry didn't mean to chase you.

I tried the double sided foam tape but it still discharge all the gas when I screwed back the cap. Tried with the cartridge that comes with Mypressi too and it's the same.
1 thing I forgot to mention is it'll start discharging the gas 1-2 turns before the cap is screw tight.
Could it be the needle that pierce the cartridge is protruding more then before? Symptoms of stuck trigger?
Buckley

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013, 10:41am

Hmmmm.
Sounds more serious than I thought (obviously).
Do not know the cure.  You have probably thought of everything that I can think of, such as:
look into the socket with a flashlight and see if there is any foreign metal stuck in there (have not heard of this happening), does the trigger feel as if it has normal resistance (ie, the internal mechanism is not stuck in the 'engaged' position and the trigger feels 'floppy').  If so, you might have to send it in.  Try emailing them again.  Are you using support@mypressi.zendesk.com ?
It does sound as if something is piercing the cartridge too soon but it would seem unlikely that the needle has become dislodged outwardly.  That is why a foreign scrap of metal might do it.
Unfortunately, experience for the problem you are witnessing has not found its way onto the web, as far as I can discover.

B
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Mypressi...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.277105093002)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+