Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Questions and Answers
Butane Burner for Vac-Pot
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Butane Burner...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
JKalpin
JKalpin
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Aerobie Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus
Vac Pot: Yama 5-Cup
Drip: Krups Moka Brew, BraZen
Roaster: Freshroast+8, Behmor 1600+
Posted Sat Jun 6, 2009, 6:34am
Subject: Re: Butane Burner for Vac-Pot

_dt_ Said:

Hi, I know walmart sell nibo lighter refill that fit mini-butane burner under 3$ CAD (2.77 or something I don't remember exactly) for 155g -5.4oz

Posted June 5, 2009 link

However, my local Asian market sells 4 cans @7.7 oz for $7.00 ...except that the nozzles don't fit.  I have one (1) conversion nozzle through the generosity of CraigA, who got it from a can with a black lid ?!.  I keep it in an old 35mm film can and I better not lose it.

Jerry
 View Profile Link to this post
hapaxLegomina

Espresso: Saeco Aroma
Grinder: Baratza Maestro
Vac Pot: Customized Yama/Tokio 3-cup
Posted Sun Dec 27, 2009, 8:38pm

CraigA Said:

I'm 100% sure that they'll have them. I also have picked a couple of Butane stoves similar to this pic at that FV Asian store I listed above too, for the unbelievable price of $8.99 each!!

Posted May 1, 2009 link

I actually just tried one of those big ones today and at least the one I was using was WAY too hot, even turned down as far as it would go.
JVBorella
JVBorella
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Speedster, Strega, Cremina
Grinder: K10 WBC, Bunnzilla
Vac Pot: Hario NCA 3 & 5, Mitzudash
Drip: Hario Wooden Neck/Buono
Roaster: Hottop KN-8828P/B
Posted Mon Dec 28, 2009, 6:54am

I gave up trying to buy butane locally as very few stores carried it & those that did wanted $4 or more for an 8oz can. I picked up a case(12) of 8oz cans on Ebay: Click Here (cgi.ebay.com)  for $30 shipped & the nozzles fit my Rekrow burners.

John
yakster
yakster

Espresso: Gaggia Factory / La Peppina...
Grinder: Vario / Kyocera
Vac Pot: Yama 8 + Pyrex Lox-in Rod
Drip: Brazen / Kalita / Chemex /...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Mon Dec 28, 2009, 9:21am

CraigA Said:

Anytime Jerry!
I'm 100% sure that they'll have them. I also have picked a couple of Butane stoves similar to this pic at that FV Asian store I listed above too, for the unbelievable price of $8.99 each!!

Posted May 1, 2009 link

I picked up one of these deals too at an Asian grocery store, but found that my Yama 8 pot is not stable on the top of this so I haven't tried it.  Have you found any tricks for using this?  I thought of putting a pan over the burner and then the vac pot over the pan, but haven't tried this.  I'd be interested to hear of your experiences with this.

As for the adapters, you might want to pick up one can of butane at a higher price that has a dozen adapters or so in the cap.  I've seen these back when I was refilling lighters, used to buy them at the drug stores, though you'd probably find them at a tobacco or pipe store these days.  

-Chris

-Chris

LMWDP # 272
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Feb 4, 2010, 11:28am

Kind of short notice here, but this sale is ending today & runs from Fri Jan 29 - Feb 4th till store closing at 9.00pm.

The butane gas stove is regular price $17.99 for only $11.88 & the 4 pack of lb butane cannisters for only $2.88! {;-D

Fresh Value Market

2267 Islington Ave (at Rexdale Blvd)
Phone: 416-743-6699

CraigA: lastscanFreshValueMarket1.jpg
(Click for larger image)

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169
http://plus.google.com/u/0/100690035958728038289/posts/p/pub

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Meepled

Espresso: Brewtus III-V
Grinder: Compak K3, Capresso Infinity...
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: French press, Aeropress
Posted Thu Jun 17, 2010, 1:07pm

I recognize this is an old thread; however, I thought it was an appropriate place to ask.

I noticed that the Music Medic butane burner (http://www.musicmedic.com/catalog/products/tool-st300.html) has been recommended before.  I was wondering if anyone has used these with the Yama TCA-5D.  I have about a 3 5/8" clearance between the table and the bottom of the glass.  Any posts I've seen of people using them with the Yama was with 2 or 3 cupper, so I wanted to make sure before I purchased.

My thanks for your time.
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Butane Burner...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.278714895248)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+