Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Questions and Answers
Jura F9 drain valve
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Jura F9 drain...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
regorsky

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Thu Jan 3, 2013, 1:28pm
Subject: Jura F9 drain valve

Hi group, I am new to the forum. Many thanks in advance. I need to know how the drain valve on my Jura F9 works. As is, everything dumps to the tray. I have it apart but nothing is obvious. Theory of operation would be nice to know.
Thanks
 View Profile Link to this post
Cyy

Expertise: Professional

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013, 12:05pm
Subject: Re: Jura F9 drain valve

ok

well, I just signed up to help you.

the drainage valve works like this:

when the selenoid pushes the white spring (when you hear that bump noise) it allows the water to escape from the bottom (there is a small hole , a rectangular one).

when the spring is not pushed by the selenoid, the water goes up from the central plastic pipe to the infuser.

now,you have to check if the white spring on the bottom is pushed by the selenoid , if so the selenoid is faulty and needs to be replaced.
regorsky

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013, 7:43pm

Thanks,
I actually found instructions on how to take the machine apart and discovered all its secrets. The problem is that the plastic piece that the solenoid hits has separated from the valve stem. And refuses to stay connected. I have ordered new valve and will replace all the orings at the same time. Tomorrow I am going to superglue the valve together and see if that solves things for awhile. Thanks again for the answer.
Occamoo

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Sep 1, 2013, 12:06pm

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem, although on th f50.

I'd be really grateful to hear the conclusion to your story.

I was thinking that the solenoid clicks and ensures the water goes into the brewing head.  However my drain valve doesn't seal properly either way (tested by blowing through and manually poking the valve)

Also interested in the instructions you found and also where you got the new valve from.

Any help most appreciated..

Thanks,

Paul
regorsky

Posted Sun Sep 1, 2013, 10:37pm

And now" for the rest of the story".
I did superglue the drain valve back together and it worked fine for about four months. Then it separated again and I replaced it with a new valve. Still working fine.
Try this for spare parts  http://www.coffeemaker-spareparts.com/Jura-Spareparts/Jura-Repair-kits-seals/Sealing-kit-for-Jura-brew-group::3661.html

Try this for instructions   Click Here (www.coffeemaker-spareparts.com)

The first couple of times taking the machine apart was interesting--kept expecting to hear things break. It actually is not too difficult.

Keep us informed of progress.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Jura F9 drain...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.213340044022)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+