Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Questions and Answers
Help finding roasters!!
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Help finding...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
SX0T

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Aeropress, Moka pot
Grinder: Cheap blade - looking into...
Drip: Chemex, French Press
Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013, 8:50pm
Subject: Help finding roasters!!

I just moved from Illinois where I had access to a pretty large share of great roasters (Metropolis, MadCap, Intelligentsia, Thirty-Thirty etc. etc.), but I have recently moved to the "middle of nowhere Colorado" (Gunnison, CO to be precise). I am finding the lack of good roasters that are accessible to me to be extremely depressing and my coffee habit/hobby are suffering.

So my question is this - Anyone out there have recommendations of roasters that offer Free Shipping on their websites? I know it's a bit of a tough question, but shipping really kills most online coffee purchases - so I'm looking for ones that offer free shipping.

If anyone has any thoughts/recommendations - or just wants to chat coffee. Let me know!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013, 7:32am
Subject: Re: Help finding roasters!!

For one pound at a time I do not know of any.. I have had special .... limited time offer free shipping on a few purchases when buying over 5 pounds at a time but for smaller I have not purchased from any vendor who provides free shipping.

Have you looked into buying large lots then freezing? It is a method of purchasing that works for me. YMMV!

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
MetropolisComm

Expertise: Professional

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013, 11:52am

Hi SXOT:

Hope your move went well; sorry to hear you're no longer in our neck of the woods!

If you ever do want to stock up on coffee, we offer free shipping on orders over $50 (prior to tax/shipping).

Pax,
Seth
Metropolis Communications
 View Profile Link to this post
Intrepid510

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013, 10:04am

You'll have to look around there quite a few that offer free shipping at a modest price point you just need to look around. The few off the top of my head...

Temple Coffee Roasters, offers free shipping on orders over $25.00 so two 12 oz bags.

Verve Coffee Roasters offers free shipping on all of their coffee regardless of the size of the order.

Equator offers free shipping over $35

Social Coffee offers over $30

Those are the ones off the top of my head. Anyway no idea where you are in Colorado, but look for Novo they are pretty good! ;)

Less water, more grounds.
SX0T

Espresso: Aeropress, Moka pot
Grinder: Cheap blade - looking into...
Drip: Chemex, French Press
Posted Mon Oct 7, 2013, 11:23am

Bumping this topic - looking for more options! I did try Verve and was fairly impressed with one of the two bags I got. Anyone else have more suggestions for me??
cerridwyn
cerridwyn
Posted Mon Oct 7, 2013, 8:08pm

http://www.gocoffeego.com/

she acts as an intermediary for several roasters (you can even do the club thing) and often has special deals from different roasters.

The world needs more outstanding coffee.

do you game?:
http://forum.paxcorvus.info
http://www.outland.org
dustinclark

Espresso: nuova simonelli aurelia
Grinder: mazzer
Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013, 6:03am

maybe look for a subscription? you generally get a discount on beans as well as shipping with 3-6 month subscriptions.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Help finding...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.209509849548)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+