Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Redbird Espresso
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Redbird Espresso  
view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 56 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
wfallon

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Vibiemme DoubleDomo Manual...
Grinder: Baratza Vario!
Vac Pot: Yama (broken..)
Drip: CCD
Roaster: Popcorn poppers!
Posted Sat May 8, 2010, 11:47am
Subject: Re: Redbird Espresso

Hi all!

I'm curious where you all see the 5lb price for this stuff - i'd like to try getting 5lbs of it sometime soon but dont see anything on the website. Do you need to email Jeff to get a bulk rate?

Thanks!

Bill
 View Profile Link to this post
canon

Espresso: Faema Legend
Grinder: Monolith, Compak K10 Fresh,
Roaster: Hottop B
Posted Sat May 8, 2010, 12:11pm

Yes Bill,

Drop Jeff a note and tell him you want the 5# size of Redbird and he will extend the price to you.

He acknowledged last week that he would honor that price on the 5# bag.  

Bob

wfallon Said:

Hi all!

I'm curious where you all see the 5lb price for this stuff - i'd like to try getting 5lbs of it sometime soon but dont see anything on the website. Do you need to email Jeff to get a bulk rate?

Thanks!

Bill

Posted May 8, 2010 link

Dave_I

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Brewtus II
Grinder: Baratza Mario
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Cheap coffee machine (can't...
Roaster: None . . . yet.
Posted Sun May 9, 2010, 4:01pm

What dosing, temp, and extraction parameters are you guys using with this?  Or are the recommendations on the bags or on the website someplace I'm not looking?

My package was supposed to get dropped off yesterday, the tracking said it was out for delivery, then it never showed up.  Just a minor inconvenience, but I was all geeked out to get it and then the Post Office pulls a Lucy with the football and teases me with it.  Ah well!  I should get it tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to it.

As a side-note, Jeff was super cool in my email from him.  If his coffee's half as good as his professional demeanor, it should be awesome!

-Cheers
jammin
jammin

Grinder: Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: manual
Roaster: quest m3
Posted Sun May 9, 2010, 4:34pm

Dave_I Said:

What dosing, temp, and extraction parameters are you guys using with this?

Posted May 9, 2010 link

jammin Said:

I pulled it right around 200* with a 19 gram dose ~ 1.5oz shot(synesso 14g basket).  I couldn't say much about shot timing since I'm still very new to using p/i.

Posted May 3, 2010 link

^that worked well for me.  I ran the temp up a couples degrees as it aged and i think it helped.

roast your own
drtzali
drtzali

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli MAC Cup...
Grinder: MACAP MK7R
Vac Pot: um. Electrolux?
Drip: Drop
Roaster: Not that advanced yet...
Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 4:29am

I just opened my order of redbird. Surprise! in the Priority Mail envelope was a raspberry ghirardelli square. yummy. does he send this to everyone, or did it fall in to my order by accident? nice touch...
Dave_I

Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 6:47am

jammin Said:

^that worked well for me.  I ran the temp up a couples degrees as it aged and i think it helped.

Posted May 9, 2010 link

Thanks Jammin.  Sorry, I somehow glossed over that or forgot you had included that.  Thank you again for the input.

-Cheers
canon

Espresso: Faema Legend
Grinder: Monolith, Compak K10 Fresh,
Roaster: Hottop B
Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 7:15am

Jeff is the only roaster that I have ever received an order from that puts anything extra in the order. A nice and classy touch.  I hope you enjoy your Redbird as much as I enjoy mine.  I can truly say that Redbird was the biggest surprise I ever received in a coffee.  I wasn't expecting something as extraordinary.  Tastes almost like the liquid chocolate squares.

Bob

drtzali Said:

I just opened my order of redbird. Surprise! in the Priority Mail envelope was a raspberry ghirardelli square. yummy. does he send this to everyone, or did it fall in to my order by accident? nice touch...

Posted May 10, 2010 link

JVBorella
JVBorella
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Speedster, Strega, Cremina
Grinder: K10 WBC, Bunnzilla
Vac Pot: Hario NCA 3 & 5, Mitzudash
Drip: Hario Wooden Neck/Buono
Roaster: Hottop KN-8828P/B
Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 10:04am

drtzali Said:

Posted May 10, 2010 link

Only one? You should order a 5 lb'r next time!

John
Dave_I

Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 1:11pm

drtzali Said:

Posted May 10, 2010 link

My order arrived today and I got the same.  I'm guessing he drops in one square with each lb. of coffee.  I got three different varieties with my 3 lb. order.  It is a nice touch.

I also tried the Cardinal Blend.  It was very pleasant.  It was my first pot with the vacuum coffee maker, so I need to dial things in, but it was definitely better than the old stale store bought stuff (it wasn't stale, for one, and had a lot more life to it).  It was really good.  I just have to figure out the proper procedure, but it's worth buying if you want it for a more normal cup of coffee.

I'll try the Redbird Espresso blend and Amaro Gayo next, but so far, so good!

-Cheers
jammin
jammin

Grinder: Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: manual
Roaster: quest m3
Posted Mon May 10, 2010, 1:14pm

Dave_I Said:

I'll try the Redbird Espresso blend and Amaro Gayo next, but so far, so good!

-Cheers

Posted May 10, 2010 link

I'm def. interested to hear your thoughts on the Amaro.  I plan on ordering a couple #'s of that next.

~j

roast your own
showing page 2 of 56 first page | last page previous page | next page
view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Redbird Espresso  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.346063137054)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+