Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Whole Latte Love Blends
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Whole Latte Love...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
alanmushnick
alanmushnick
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, gaggia espresso
Grinder: Mini Mazzer
Vac Pot: none
Drip: Krups aroma control
Roaster: I still don't do this.
Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012, 3:55pm
Subject: Whole Latte Love Blends

hi
Anyone try Buzzopolis or other house blends from Whole Latte Love?
What did you think? Any comparisons come to mind?
thanks

Alan Mushnick
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
alanmushnick
alanmushnick

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012, 3:37am
Subject: Re: Whole Latte Love Blends

I am starting to assume that no one here drinks this coffee, or thinks highly of it.

Alan Mushnick
kafegeek

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: delonghi
Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012, 9:34am

alanmushnick Said:

I am starting to assume that no one here drinks this coffee, or thinks highly of it.

Posted November 14, 2012 link

Hi, there will be certainly someone, who has experience with this coffe.
Sorry, though, that I can't help with that.
Good luck and be patient! ;)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
svyerkgeniiy

Espresso: (-ish) Bialetti moka pot
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Vac Pot: Yama (large 8-cup)
Drip: Technivorm KBT; Clever...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012, 9:54am

In general the problem I find with buying fresh-roasted coffee over the web is the delay in getting it to me.  Even roasters that are fairly close to me-- such as Gimme! Coffee in Ithaca, NY while I reside in New York City-- still somehow take 7 days to get here by UPS ground.  UPS will actually delay package delivery if it means they don't get paid for faster service.  So UPS ground still takes 7 days from upstate NY, even though it gets to the local holding depot within 2.  (UPS' customers are the people doing the shipping, not the recipient, so they don't really care if the recipient complains, as is often seen in their negative reviews.)

Of course I could pay for faster shipping, but why pay $20 shipping on $20 worth of coffee?  If I ordered more to make it worthwhile, then I wouldn't be using it fast enough for it to be as fresh as I'd like.  So I can wait a week to have coffee that's two weeks from roasting, or I can get something much fresher from a local shop.

I realize this doesn't answer your question about that particular offering, but perhaps it gives insight as to why people aren't responding much about roasted coffee purchased via the web.  I personally roast my own coffee so that solves my particular problem, and I do have fresh-roasted outlets locally that I can visit in a pinch, so I don't have any feedback.

--dv

Donald Varona
 View Profile Link to this post
alanmushnick
alanmushnick

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012, 11:17am

I have had great results in getting coffee quickly from Chriscoffee.com, paradise roasters, and from lacolombe.com
it only takes a few days, and the coffee is still fresh.
still wondering about the WLL house blends that were value priced the last time I looked.
Chriscoffee has free shipping for $50 orders, and it gets to me overnight via normal UPS.
Paradise roasters has a $3 flat rate.
Lacolombe is a little more for shipping.

Alan Mushnick
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012, 1:47pm

I have not gotten any thing from WLL.  Check home-barista they might have some postings.

I love my flat rate redbird.  It comes USPOST and is here in 3 days.  But I also try coffee when I am out and about and if they sell their own beans I will almost always buy some.  (and I freeze redbird/blue jag in 1/4 lb vacuum bags in my large freezer that I defrost by hand once a year or so)

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012, 3:27pm

svyerkgeniiy Said:

In general the problem I find with buying fresh-roasted coffee over the web is the delay in getting it to me.  Even roasters that are fairly close to me-- such as Gimme! Coffee in Ithaca, NY while I reside in New York City-- still somehow take 7 days to get here by UPS ground.  UPS will actually delay package delivery if it means they don't get paid for faster service.  So UPS ground still takes 7 days from upstate NY, even though it gets to the local holding depot within 2.  (UPS' customers are the people doing the shipping, not the recipient, so they don't really care if the recipient complains, as is often seen in their negative reviews.)

Of course I could pay for faster shipping, but why pay $20 shipping on $20 worth of coffee?  If I ordered more to make it worthwhile, then I wouldn't be using it fast enough for it to be as fresh as I'd like.  So I can wait a week to have coffee that's two weeks from roasting, or I can get something much fresher from a local shop.

I realize this doesn't answer your question about that particular offering, but perhaps it gives insight as to why people aren't responding much about roasted coffee purchased via the web.  I personally roast my own coffee so that solves my particular problem, and I do have fresh-roasted outlets locally that I can visit in a pinch, so I don't have any feedback.

--dv

Posted November 14, 2012 link

that makes no sense how it could take that long with UPS especially same state lol, my local guys roast and ships to my house always within 2 days. And some friends that have ordered out of state from them have been 2-3 days as well, shipped same day as roasted. Plenty of other companies have fast shipping, Paradise is one as mentioned.

7 days for coffee same state..... forget that lol, maybe something about UPS is different up in NY? Heck my machine was shipped from Canada, then NY for customs, and then to my house in South FL within like 3-4 days total I think, and that was with USPS... no idea how they pulled that miracle off lol.
alanmushnick
alanmushnick

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012, 6:32pm
Subject: whole latte love

now my thread has been hijacked to a mail order coffee/shipping thread.
No one has said a damn word about the whole latte love house brands of coffee.
are they good, or not?

Alan Mushnick
yakster
yakster
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Factory / La Peppina...
Grinder: Vario / Kyocera
Vac Pot: Yama 8 + Pyrex Lox-in Rod
Drip: Brazen / Kalita / Chemex /...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012, 7:04pm
Subject: Re: whole latte love

The silence speaks volumes.  Either nobody has tried Whole Latte Love coffee or they don't have anything constructive to offer.  I didn't even know that they sold their own brand coffee.  

I did a bit of searching and found a reference to Buzzopolis on both CG and H-B, both people trying to dial in their new equipment with this coffee and both quickly moved on to other coffees.

Why don't you give it a try and let us know what you think since you don't seem interested in recommendations for more well known coffees?  Since one of the references to Buzzopolis goes back five years, you'd think there'd be a few more hits on this from fans.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272
randychar813
randychar813

Espresso: 95% of time: Izzo Alex...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini E type A;...
Vac Pot: french press
Drip: no
Roaster: SF 6 lber; Hottop
Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012, 7:29pm
Subject: Re: whole latte love

about 10 years ago I used to buy the WLL Malabar Gold.  I really liked it and have a blend/ roast I developed trying to match it using Monsooned Malabar from India, (arabacia not robusta).  Some Bolivian Organic, high grown, very fruity, Sumatran mandhling for a little funk and Colombian Supremo for a rounded buttery finish.  

I take it past second to about 442F.  It has a beautiful gelatinous rusty creama which the WLL Malabar Gold was known for.
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Whole Latte Love...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.285845994949)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+