Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Espresso Bean delivery
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Espresso Bean...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
jf1020

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014, 10:17am
Subject: Espresso Bean delivery

I am interested in seeing if there are good roaster delivery companies out there that can ship 2 lbs or so a week to me in Massachusetts.

Any suggestions?
 View Profile Link to this post
DanoM

Espresso: Bezzera Strega, '84 La...
Grinder: Compak K10, Kludge grinder,...
Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014, 11:13am
Subject: Re: Espresso Bean delivery

Many of the roasters out there will do this if you contact them.  Some offer subscription services, but they usually aren't geared for 2 pounds a week in the online forms and a quick email will get you the answers you want.

I've been using Bodka Coffee as my main roaster of late.
http://www.bodkacoffee.com/

Their coffees are very enjoyable.  Their Main Squeeze is a great espresso blend.  I've been enjoying their SO coffees too, yesterday I had some great shots of their Colombian Supremo.  David might be able to work out a setup that you get 1 pound of Main Squeeze and 1 pound of rotating single origin per week too if you like that.
DanoM

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014, 11:14am

jf1020 Said:

I am interested in seeing if there are good roaster delivery companies out there that can ship 2 lbs or so a week to me in Massachusetts.

Any suggestions?

Posted June 19, 2014 link

I just noticed you've been a member for 2 years, but this is your first post.

Welcome!
jf1020

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014, 4:21pm

thanks for the advice and for the welcome!

Yes, i started here 2 years ago reading up on espresso machines and methods to make better espresso.

Take care!
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014, 4:36pm

There's a lot that offer subscription services but like mentioned generally for small amounts, maybe a bag or two of 12oz each a month if that, and usually commands a higher price then ordering out right. I'm guessing the people that do this subscribe to like 4+ different places at once since the majority seem to do subscriptions of like a 12oz bag monthly which to me is useless lol. You could pry talk to some and negotiate a deal for 2lbs weekly, that's a lot, a lot, of coffee weekly lol... how many shots are you making? ;)
jf1020

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2014, 4:44pm

Im trying to find coffee for the small company i work for - we just got a espresso maker.
personally, It takes me ~ 2months to go through a pound at home when its just me.
Worldman
Worldman
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Expobar Office Control
Grinder: Cimbali 6/S
Posted Mon Jun 23, 2014, 8:29am

jf1020 Said:

Any suggestions?

See private email just sent.

Len
Len's Espresso Blends
www.lensespressoblends.com
steamer
steamer
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV R
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-B Baratza...
Vac Pot: Krubs Moka Brew, vacPot
Drip: TechV, and many more
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014, 1:09pm

DanoM Said:

Many of the roasters out there will do this if you contact them.  Some offer subscription services, but they usually aren't geared for 2 pounds a week in the online forms and a quick email will get you the answers you want.

I've been using Bodka Coffee as my main roaster of late.
http://www.bodkacoffee.com/

Their coffees are very enjoyable.  Their Main Squeeze is a great espresso blend.  I've been enjoying their SO coffees too, yesterday I had some great shots of their Colombian Supremo.  David might be able to work out a setup that you get 1 pound of Main Squeeze and 1 pound of rotating single origin per week too if you like that.

Dano, why use them there are so many in California that roast and ship same day. I just tried Koffi in the palms springs area. I still think Verve in Santa Cruz if top notch.
DanoM

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014, 4:22pm

steamer Said:

Dano, why use them there are so many in California that roast and ship same day. I just tried Koffi in the palms springs area. I still think Verve in Santa Cruz if top notch.

Posted July 17, 2014 link

Bodka, David, roasts and ships the same day for me too, just takes 1 day longer than a local roaster to ship to me - still too fresh to pull.  I've developed a rapport with my roaster, and learned how I like his beans pulled on the Strega.

My last order to Bodka was for 8 separate single origins, and I've been pulling those separately to learn the beans and blending based on tasting notes.  Wonderful espresso with a more classic Brazilian in the background and a spicy Ethiopian to bring out some brightness - pulled on the Strega was pure sweetness in the cup today.

Nothing against my local or in-state roasters though.  I order from them too.  Lots of great beans out there.
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600+, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014, 9:29pm

DanoM Said:

Bodka, David, roasts and ships the same day for me too, just takes 1 day longer than a local roaster to ship to me - still too fresh to pull.  I've developed a rapport with my roaster, and learned how I like his beans pulled on the Strega.

Posted July 17, 2014 link

+1. Another plus, at least for me is that Bodka's prices are VERY reasonable, right there with Redbird.
The Guatemalan "Melange" is a very useful, dual purpose coffee. Excellent Strega shots, and great out of the Brazen.
Another "for ME" advantage is that Bodka ships via USPS which guarantees a Wednesday order will reach me either Friday, or Saturday, as UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday.

To the OP, why not order 5#'s at a time? Freeze what you need for the office. Cheaper shipping as well.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Espresso Bean...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.29109621048)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+