Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: General Discussion
European websites to purchase coffee toys! Euro Web suppliers...where are you?
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > European...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
el_caturra

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: "Andreja Premium" Quickmill
Grinder: "Replica" Quickmill
Posted Mon Aug 13, 2007, 2:30pm
Subject: European websites to purchase coffee toys! Euro Web suppliers...where are you?

Hello,

I've been surfing the web since we've purchased our Andreja premium in Italy and all the good online  shops for tampers, grinders, cleaning products and all related gizmos...are mostly in the US involving huge duty and shipping charges for us (we are based in Austria).

Does anyone have good European suppliers to propose for non-commercial clients?

Thanks,

Moderator moved to proper Forum
 View Profile Link to this post
mrgnomer
mrgnomer
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, Silvia, Olympia...
Grinder: Zass., Macap M4 stepless,...
Vac Pot: Yama, Bodum E Santos
Drip: French Press, ibrik, Moka...
Roaster: Hottop programmable, IRoast2
Posted Mon Aug 13, 2007, 4:41pm
Subject: Re: European websites to purchase coffee toys!

Yeah,  up in Canada we have the same problem buying from the States.  Reg Barber is Canadian, though.  Great tampers.

http://www.coffeetamper.com/english/index.asp

Try the Too Much Coffee forum.  It's more local to you and a good forum.  They should be able to help.

http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
roadman

Espresso: Olympia Cremina 67
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: Hario V60
Posted Wed Aug 15, 2007, 4:55pm
Subject: Re: European websites to purchase coffee toys! Euro Web suppliers...where are yo

There are lots of places to order from. Check out this post on H-B. There's a extensive group of shops from all over Europe listed there in the middle of the post.

Viel Glück!

Jon
el_caturra

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2007, 2:46am
Subject: Re: European websites to purchase coffee toys! Euro Web suppliers...where are yo

Thanks a million for this!

I am loosing sleep over the whole grinder selection!
Dieter01
Dieter01

Espresso: Alex Duetto
Grinder: Super Jolly
Roaster: Quest M3
Posted Sat Aug 18, 2007, 2:15am
Subject: European websites to purchase coffee toys! Euro Web suppliers...where are you?

In addition to those listed in the HB thread I found

http://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/

They stock the complete line of Macap grinders, no other store I came across did that. Just ordered from them, look forward to seeing how it goes.
el_caturra

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2007, 4:14am
Subject: Re: European websites to purchase coffee toys!

FYI

Thanks for this last post.  Please note that all manufacturer (providing to this retailer) are on their August leave.  I called the espresso coffee shop people and they are very very friendly and helpfull.  They did not have anymore the Macap M4 stepless in chrome and will be able to ship only on 21 Sept. once the manufacturer are back and start production again!  Viva Italia e la dolce vita!
KimH
KimH

Espresso: LaSpaziale S1 Vivaldi II
Grinder: Macap M4D, Rancilio Rocky SD
Roaster: Hottop B
Posted Sun Aug 19, 2007, 12:17pm

el_caturra Said:

Does anyone have good European suppliers to propose for non-commercial clients?

Posted August 13, 2007 link

Hi

I bought my Andreja Premium from http://bellabarista.co.uk/ in the UK. They also sell other barista tools, spare parts and so on. Excellent service and no problem sending the machine to Denmark. My best recommendations.

And btw.... last year I bought my Rancilio Silvia and Rocky from http://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/ and can't say anything bad about them either. I never talked or e-mailed them. Just orderd the machines from the webshop, and 2 days after they arrived at my home.

Regards
Kim
japa_fi

Espresso: Ranchilio Silvia (PID)
Grinder: Minimoka M203
Posted Mon Aug 20, 2007, 6:38am

I won't hold espressocoffeeshop in that high regard.
I ordered my Silvia from there.
Got no note that it was on backorder.
Inquiries about it (email) got no answer.
Half a week later I used their customer service chat on their website and I got a hold of customer service rep. I asked if they have silvia in stock if one decides to order one. Reply was that they actualy got a batch today. Then I said something like. That's great, perhaps you can tell me the status of my order, order-id XYZ. the response: total silence!
I asked couple of times if they are still alive, but in the following 2 hours I didn't get any answer!

I sent a FAX stating the above problems with lack of communication and what I concider rude behaviour. I also mentioned that if I don't get any kind of reply in 24 hours, I'll cancel my order. I got (automatic) shipping confirmation 3 hours later in email, so I took that as some kind of reply and didn't cancel my order. yet I didn't receive any reply to the points I raised.

After receiving my silvia, I noticed that the double basket is asymmetical. (See this CG thread) I emailed them with pictures, inquiring if I could get a replacement basket. I didn't get any kind of answer from them.

So for anyone thinking about purchasing from them I'd say:
The shipping was fast, once they ship it.  Before ordering, ask if they have it in stock.
If you are willing to take the risk that you do not need any customer service or guarantee(?), go ahead and order from them, the price is good.

just my 2c (euro).
ibrahimzen

Posted Tue Aug 7, 2012, 11:01pm

EDIT: since i am a new member, i just stumbled upon the "Probationary period" rules and it seems my post here can be kinda classified as "criticism".

I will just hold it back until my account passes that period then i will re-post my experience.

Sorry about that!
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > European...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.262405872345)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+