Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: General Discussion
Espresso Shrines
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > Espresso Shrines  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 65 of 95 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
mike01

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Vario-W
Vac Pot: Yama Stovetop
Drip: Bunn Trifecta
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Sat Nov 21, 2009, 7:59am
Subject: Re: Espresso Shrines

New grinder addition.

mike01: IMG_0007.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
Jmanespresso
Jmanespresso
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Alex Duetto II
Grinder: Compak K10 - Vario
Vac Pot: Yama-SY5/SY8/TCA5
Drip: V60, Beehouse, CCD
Roaster: Hottop B
Posted Sun Nov 22, 2009, 5:38am

KrisB,

That is definitely the best shot Ive seen pour out of a Francis! Francis!   Good Job!  And that grinders looks great as well!  I have a feeling you'll soon be immersed in the world of the PID. :)

Mike,

Ill say again, the Izzo E-61s look great!  I think its that they're wider, it balances out the look more then other designs.

And nothing looks nicer then a new mazzer with a nice shiny grinds tray.  I LOVE the way new mazzers look.  Very nice!

Follow Your Bliss

Coffee makes your constantly overcome your prejudices and re-evaluate your own "received wisdoms" when it comes to judging cup flavors. -Tom Owen, SweetMarias
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
mike01

Espresso: Izzo Alex
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Vario-W
Vac Pot: Yama Stovetop
Drip: Bunn Trifecta
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Sun Nov 22, 2009, 9:01am

Jmanespresso Said:

Mike,

Ill say again, the Izzo E-61s look great!  I think its that they're wider, it balances out the look more then other designs.

And nothing looks nicer then a new mazzer with a nice shiny grinds tray.  I LOVE the way new mazzers look.  Very nice!

Posted November 22, 2009 link

Thanks.  I was actually fortunate to find great deals on both the Alex and the Mazzer.  I picked up both in the last two months.  I bought the Alex, which is in near mint condition from another member on coffeegeek.   I found the Super Jolly on craigslist and it is actually the new style manufactured in 2006.  It had a couple paint dings, which I fixed that are now barely noticeable by using automotive touch-up paint.  I also had to buy new burrs and the grounds tray. Other than that, it is like new.  I was able to get the Alex plus the SJ for $100 less than a new Alex, even with the current sale promotion.
Jmanespresso
Jmanespresso

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009, 2:46pm

My long anticipated upgrade has finally happened.

On Black Friday, most people go shopping for Good Deals on Gifts.  I, however, go shopping for a good deal on a new machine for myself.

I have to say, Im really loving the temperature management... Which, as some of you know, is exactly what I was after.  Included with the stock accessories was a Bottomless Portafilter, DC Triple Basket, A couple different steam tips, and, obviously, the Taller/Height Adjustable legs.

Im currently working with Klatchs: Belle, and Ethiopian Amaro Gayo.  Both are running beautifully.  The Belle is so easily transformed from a super thick cup of dark chocolate, to a cup filled with berrys, kahlua and caramel it's almost not fair.  And the Amaro Gayo is phenomenal. . . The cup is similar to a bowl fully of blackberrys and cream.  Amazing.

Steam Power.  WOW.  Lots of it.  Will definitely take some getting used too, but I made a pitcher of the best microfoam Ive ever tasted last night, which made the most lush capp Ive ever had.  Amazing.

Im running with a Flo-Jet currently, but it's only temporary.  Ill be moving soon, and Ill have it plumbed in properly, as well as running on 20amp.  But, even now, the machine is whisper quiet, and I havent had a problem "waiting" on the machine. . . But I haven't even come close to trying to push the limits of 15am service.

All in all, one thing is for certain.  I am thrilled with this machine and what it is capable of.  The espresso is better then ever, and the temperature management is easy, and wonderful. . . Not to mention fast.  I haven't timed it, but If I adjust the temp after a shot is pulled, its ready to go by the time Im done building the next shot.  Thats more then fast enough for me.

So. . . Was it an Upgrade?  In every sense of the word. . YES.

Jmanespresso: Setup-B&W-CG Size.JPG
(Click for larger image)

Follow Your Bliss

Coffee makes your constantly overcome your prejudices and re-evaluate your own "received wisdoms" when it comes to judging cup flavors. -Tom Owen, SweetMarias
Jmanespresso
Jmanespresso

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009, 2:48pm

A Closeup.

Jmanespresso: Closeup-CG Size.JPG
(Click for larger image)

Follow Your Bliss

JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009, 3:43pm

Congratulations!  (And don't forget to update your profile.)

Cheers,
Jason

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
Jmanespresso
Jmanespresso

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009, 3:50pm

Thanks man... Good thinking on the Profile too!

Follow Your Bliss

SpeedStar
SpeedStar

Grinder: Baratza Vario, Mazzer Mini
Drip: Aeropress, Cuisinart
Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009, 4:10pm

Jman, congrats on your upgrade.  I thought you may have been getting a Duetto, but I like your choice of the Vivaldi too.  I almost went that way too.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
SpeedStar
SpeedStar

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009, 4:26pm

Well, I guess it is about time for me to contibute something here.  I just upgraded from my PID Silvia to a Duetto II and I am really enjoying it.  

This is paired with a Baratza Vario and Mazzer Mini.  I use a plastic tray on top of the drip tray for convenience.  The cutting boards help keep the white countertops clean and they are on felt pads to slide easier.
I am using an external reservoir that is tapped at the bottom so there is positive water pressure.  I also have a cut-off tap for when I separate the reservoir to keep water in the line.

Here it is.

SpeedStar: duetto1.jpg
(Click for larger image)
SpeedStar
SpeedStar

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009, 4:27pm

Close up of the machine.

SpeedStar: duettoclose.jpg
(Click for larger image)
showing page 65 of 95 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > Espresso Shrines  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.310793876648)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+