Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: General Discussion
Rudy Coffee...Legit?
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > Rudy...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
4moreshots

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Mar 7, 2013, 8:45pm
Subject: Rudy Coffee...Legit?

I was looking at this coffee supply store on line called "Rudy Coffee". rudycoffee.com Wondering if anyone has ordered from them before? I noticed that their pricing was much better than other suppliers which made me wonder......
Anyone have experience with Rudy Coffee?
Thanks
 View Profile Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Thu Mar 7, 2013, 9:03pm
Subject: Re: Rudy Coffee...Legit?

Never heard of them before. So, I checked out the site. I was shocked to see an Izzo Alex Duetto II for less than $850. Then I was shocked to see a La Marzocco GS/3 for less than $2500! Well, I knew there had to be a catch. They are located in Indonesia. I'd be very suspicious of someone selling for those prices. Also, you probably have little to no protection buying internationally. Is it worth the risk of getting ripped off and what would you do if your order got screwed up or damaged in transit?

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
AlexKilpatrick

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Bairtiza Vario
Posted Thu Mar 7, 2013, 9:13pm

I went through the purchase process (with fake data) just to see the shipping costs.  For a Breville Dual Boiler, shipping would be around $120, making the total cost around $650, or about 1/2 what it would cost in the US.

If you used a credit card, it seems like you wouldn't really risk anything.  Warranty service might be tough, though.  However, for 1/2 price that might be a reasonable risk.

Anyone want to try it?
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Thu Mar 7, 2013, 9:16pm

They actually take credit cards, or wire transfer only as many of them?  A few, lot, of these have been around.

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/522491#522491

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
4moreshots

Posted Thu Mar 7, 2013, 9:26pm

Thanks for your response.
I also looked them up and found the same....Indonesia.  I was checking out the Rocket Espresso Cellini Evoluzione Espresso Machine which Rudy sells for $810.00 and typically sells for $2200.00!!?
That's more than half off! Even with shipping It seems off to me. Will have to check on the currency rate difference.
Thanks
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 7:05am

I think of quotes that apply in situations like this.

A sucker is born every minute.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.
If you like this deal, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

There are lots of others but I would not give a credit card number to anyone I did not trust, they can abuse it just the same as a petty thief going through your mail for personal info.

If you do go with them, let us know how it comes out!

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
GVDub

Espresso: Londinium I, Arrarex...
Grinder: Gaggia MD85, Dienes Mokka,...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Abid Clever
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 9:53am

Absolute best case, you get a counterfeit or gray market machine with no warranty coverage. next best, you get a broken machine, next, they take your money and never ship you anything, next best, they max out your credit card and leave you with no recourse.

TANSTAFFL or even a dicsounted one that edible.
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 4:33pm

Best to check the fine print with the credit card company to see if you really are covered or protected when making overseas purchases, and some countries may be excluded from protection. Even if it all goes through, you could even end up with a machine with a serial number of a hot sheet somewhere. At that price, a reasonable person would (should?) suspect that it could be stolen.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
4moreshots

Posted Sat Mar 9, 2013, 7:26pm

Thanks for your thoughts and info.... I don't think I will be taking any risks with Rudy Coffee based on what calblacksmith posted.... "you get what you pay for" My grandfather used to say that as well as  "a fool born every minute" ...... both true. Just hope no one get taken by this company and wonder if its worth reporting them... Anyway appreciate all the advice given. Cheers.
mogur00

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013, 2:33am

just came across this site along with one that looks remarkably similar, total-coffee.com. Both have insanely low prices and almost no shipping fees... in many cases the prices are 1/3 of the average. Too good to be true!

Check out their 'about us' pages... identical!

http://www.rudycoffee.com/pages/About-us.html
http://total-coffee.com/pages/About-us.html

massive scam, surely...

I just wonder why there are no reports of them online... googled them and couldnt find anything except a few coffeegeek posts... bit strange.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > Rudy...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.241329908371)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+