Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: General Discussion
Purchased a La Nuova ERA Cuadra
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > Purchased a La...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Deus

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 12:00pm
Subject: Purchased a La Nuova ERA Cuadra

I am looking to buy my first setup today. I was curious if there is something through the site to 1st line that can get a good deal?

*** Edit ***

I have received my purchase from 1st Line. This included also a grinder and some various other accessories. Let me start by saying that I would buy from them again and again. There was an issue with a third party in the deal and 1st line made up for the issue and then some! They sent me a higher model grinder when the grinder company did not have the one I ordered. I wound up with a better grinder for the same price and could not be happier!

The machine is beautiful and for a first time espresso machine owner, I can say that..besides burning myself several times, it is a breeze to use.  I do not have and have not had anything to compare this too but this just feels like something special I have here.

I did by the thermometer mod and and still trying to get my temp correct. I have to do quite a bit of flushing to get the temp down to about 205. It seems to like idling at this temp although I thought I was suppose to be looking at 201 or so since the temp at the brewhead is a couple of degrees less. Correct me if I am wrong but am I trying to get 197?

Anyway. LOVE this and my Vario
 View Profile Link to this post
dyqik

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07 PM
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso...
Vac Pot: Cona D
Drip: Bona-Vita, CCD, Aeropress.
Roaster: Gene Cafe, Modded Poppers
Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 6:36am
Subject: Re: Looking to Buy From 1st Line

You're best bet for getting the best deal is to phone a few companies and discuss what you want to buy with them - this will also let them recommend a good setup for you.  This will usually get you a better deal than the point and click ones on the web sites.
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, 2 Macap M4s, OE...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 6:52am

Why 1st-line specifically? I mean, they're a great source and provide great service, but there are others too...to name a few (in no particular order)...Chris' coffee service, sweet Maria's, Seattle coffee gear, whole latte love

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
Deus

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 8:48am

I am looking for the La Nuova Era Cuarda. No one else seems to have it. Unless I missed them
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, 2 Macap M4s, OE...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 10:23am

ok that makes sense.  If you re-read the thread title and content of your first post, you'll surely understand why we're all confused.  In fact, if you re-title the thread (yeah, you can do that actually), you'll probably get some more relevant responses.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
Deus

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 12:16pm

I purchased. This can be closed :)
IMAWriter
IMAWriter

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, Preciso/Esatto, KyM...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013, 10:30am

Why not change the title to "Purchased a La Nuova ERA Cuadra."
There's only a few posts referring to the slight confusion (I can remove them once you've changed your title), then you can briefly comment on the purchase (CS at 1st Line, etc) then get on with what the CG'ers want to know:
How do you like it the Cuadra?

Maybe give it a week before getting into specifics, so you can get cozy with it.
Just my .02!

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 8:35am

I also bought one. I really think whats unique in this particular situation is the deal on this machine. Its probably
one of the best Ive ever seen. People on the upgrade fence who are thinking of upgrading from Sylvia/Gaggia Classic and
CC1's etc would be well advised to take a long serious look at this machine.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > Purchased a La...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.237544059753)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+